Grado PS500s (new Grado's)
Sep 11, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #121 of 1,221
Grado and its stuff have been 10x more often been topic here in earlier years. I doubt somewhat that this anvil thing will bring them back into vogue...

Sep 11, 2011 at 4:32 AM Post #122 of 1,221
Wow. 
Headphones almost nobody has heard being bashed because they are made by a company you have decided to hate.
A company that created two special editions of headphones just for the head-fi community being bashed for not supporting the community. 

I love this forum for the invaluable information, the chance to get information on just about anything headphone related, and for some of the people who provide support to the community.

This forum frustrates me because of the petty, narrow-minded, and juvenile negativity. Not everybody is going to like a specific company, model, or genre of music. Not everybody hears things the same way, not everybody has the budget to buy the latest and greatest. 

I've seen people here insulted for their taste in music, their taste in headphone, their lack of budget and it makes it really hard to want to be a part of this community. 

I would never insultingly refer to somebody's gear as mid-fi, I don't give a s&*t if someone likes a headphone I don't (personally I can't stand the HD800 but have great conversations about music with a friend who swears by them), and I don't see the need to constantly bash something just because I don't like it or I've had a bad experience with a certain company. 

Over and over I see people who seem to comment on posts just to be negative. If you don't like _________ (company x) why on earth would you waste your time posting on the thead? just move on and enjoy what you enjoy.

Sep 11, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #123 of 1,221
I've heard enough Grados to have a good idea how they scale up and down their product line. I've heard Joe Grado and John Grado 'phones. To think the PS500 will be a radical departure from the HF2 or any of their other headphones is pure speculation. To think the PS500 will sound close to the almost identical looking HF2 isn't that far a stretch. If someone has heard the SR-60i and the SR-225i it wouldn't take much to accurately estimate the sound of the SR-80i and SR-125i.

There is enough experience with Grado among Head-Fi members to be able to have a pretty good idea what a Grado will sound like.

They aren't a company like Sennheiser that has radically different products. Grado has a consistent sound signature throughout it's open dynamic headphones.

Sep 11, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #124 of 1,221
I'm not a grado hater nor lover, I think the grado sr60 and 80 and 225 are great value, dont like the 325, like the rs1 but find it overpriced, love the hf2 and ps1 (never tried the hf1) and find the gs/ps1000 seriously overpriced compared to the competition

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #125 of 1,221
RS2, I....
if I can try these at 320hm and cannot put them down*blind test of my RS2 and these* im sellin these babys and gettan me a pair.

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #126 of 1,221
I've heard so much about the HF2 that I'm really excited to try these as I didn't get into quality headphones until well after they had come and gone. I started with a pair of RS2i and upgraded when the opportunity arose to my current RS1i. I've had so much fun listening to these that I saved for ages to get the MAD Ear+ HD as I heard the synergy was amazing. I'm really tempted to buy a pair but I'm not sure where they will fit in my setup, I have no intention on getting rid of my RS1i, was looking to the LCD2 as an upgrade down the road but will need an amp for them (Lyr is where I'm leaning at present) and I only have so much room/money for gear...

bahhhhhh this website has cost me more money than I could have imagined. Running out of ways to explain to my wife why I need another amp/pair of headphones/turntable etc.

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:33 AM Post #127 of 1,221
I've heard so much about the HF2 that I'm really excited to try these as I didn't get into quality headphones until well after they had come and gone. I started with a pair of RS2i and upgraded when the opportunity arose to my current RS1i. I've had so much fun listening to these that I saved for ages to get the MAD Ear+ HD as I heard the synergy was amazing. I'm really tempted to buy a pair but I'm not sure where they will fit in my setup, I have no intention on getting rid of my RS1i, was looking to the LCD2 as an upgrade down the road but will need an amp for them (Lyr is where I'm leaning at present) and I only have so much room/money for gear...

bahhhhhh this website has cost me more money than I could have imagined. Running out of ways to explain to my wife why I need another amp/pair of headphones/turntable etc.

Just tell your wife that you were eyeing a $5k pair of speakers and thankfully these came along at 1/9th the price. :wink:

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #128 of 1,221

Quote:
Just tell your wife that you were eyeing a $5k pair of speakers and thankfully these came along at 1/9th the price.
wink.gif

If she even thought I was looking at $5k speakers I'd be listening to my headphones in a tent in the backyard.

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #129 of 1,221
Quote:
I've heard enough Grados to have a good idea how they scale up and down their product line. I've heard Joe Grado and John Grado 'phones. To think the PS500 will be a radical departure from the HF2 or any of their other headphones is pure speculation. To think the PS500 will sound close to the almost identical looking HF2 isn't that far a stretch. If someone has heard the SR-60i and the SR-225i it wouldn't take much to accurately estimate the sound of the SR-80i and SR-125i.

There is enough experience with Grado among Head-Fi members to be able to have a pretty good idea what a Grado will sound like.

They aren't a company like Sennheiser that has radically different products. Grado has a consistent sound signature throughout it's open dynamic headphones.

Completely agree with your and Uncle Erik's comments.  I'd love for these to be something different but am not holding my breath.

The interesting thing about these is that Grado is attacking the low to mid-end market with gusto, so maybe these will be another win for the consumer in the price-performance category.  I doubt these will be an improvement over the flagship GS/PS, and given how I was less than impressed by the RS-1i and GS, particularly given the price, I'm not too interested in these for my personal use.  Maybe the PS-500 will compete against the RS-1i or RS-2i in performance?  I'm not sure how the HF2 stacks up against the RS-1i and RS-2i.

It'd be nice if Grado could inject some more diversity (and comfort) into their models, otherwise it's hard to get excited about new product releases.

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #130 of 1,221
Quote:
One of Grado's 50 cent party members I see. Welcome.

A Grado HATER will always be a Grado HATER, there's no point arguing with them.
Just like there's no point of them posting in a PS500 thread, but yet they're still posting, hoping someone will listen to their ridiculous advices DON'T BUY GRADO PS500 OR YOU'LL DIE WITH DISAPPOINTMENT!! ......
Good entertainment though.

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #132 of 1,221
Calm down, will ya. It's not personal.

They don't like Grado headphones, but they don't hate you for liking them. 

Rather than respond to these people, just chill out, block them from your list, etc.

I sense some truth in what they say. The Grado sound will never change. They'll never come

up with a new headphone. Essentially, what they're doing is just rehashing that sound over 

and over again. Much like Modern Warfare.

Quote:
A Grado HATER will always be a Grado HATER, there's no point arguing with them.
Just like there's no point of them posting in a PS500 thread, but yet they're still posting, hoping someone will listen to their ridiculous advices DON'T BUY GRADO PS500 OR YOU'LL DIE WITH DISAPPOINTMENT!! ......
Good entertainment though.

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #133 of 1,221
Yeah, i have a feeling the PS500s will make a spontaneous, epic, surprising, bizarre, EPIC DEPARTURE FROM GRADO HOUSE SOUND WOOOOOO!
Okay, nonsensical rumblings aside i'm sold on these as long as they tone down the treble a bit.

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #134 of 1,221
Completely agree with your and Uncle Erik's comments.  I'd love for these to be something different but am not holding my breath.

The interesting thing about these is that Grado is attacking the low to mid-end market with gusto, so maybe these will be another win for the consumer in the price-performance category.  I doubt these will be an improvement over the flagship GS/PS, and given how I was less than impressed by the RS-1i and GS, particularly given the price, I'm not too interested in these for my personal use.  Maybe the PS-500 will compete against the RS-1i or RS-2i in performance?  I'm not sure how the HF2 stacks up against the RS-1i and RS-2i.

It'd be nice if Grado could inject some more diversity (and comfort) into their models, otherwise it's hard to get excited about new product releases.

I thought the RS1 was more like the typical modern Grado with a bit more refinement. To me the HF2 has more of a mid bass hump and a bit warmer overall.

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #135 of 1,221

Quote:

I'd buy a headphone if Jessica Simpson told me to though.

That's all we ever wished for.

eh..only if provides free "house calls" for repairs and changing out cables etc etc 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back