Grado PS1000 photos.
Dec 12, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #31 of 71
they sound even better than they look. sound freakin amazing. pincher, enough with the photo's, how ya' like the sound?

the key to these is don't play them loud. you won't want to either. the detail is ten times as good at low volume. totally different than other headphones. some people complain about the price. consider them the bargain of the century since they are the best headphones ever!

music_man

Dec 12, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #32 of 71
Thanks for the pics
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:42 AM Post #33 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they sound even better than they look. sound freakin amazing. pincher, enough with the photo's, how ya' like the sound?

the key to these is don't play them loud. you won't want to either. the detail is ten times as good at low volume. totally different than other headphones. some people complain about the price. consider them the bargain of the century since they are the best headphones ever!

music_man

not loud listening..?
frown.gif
I don't listen in insanely high volume levels, but sometimes i do pump up the volume just to get in to it. hope i will be able to do it with the ps1000...when i will have them
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #34 of 71
you will not need to listen at high volume levels to "get into it". you will most likely find. they are much more satisfying at low/medium levels. there is a problem with them burning out at high volume levels. due to the pressure created by the big chambers. i think grado actually warned not to blast them. they are not like other headphones. the detail, and punch is huge at low volume levels. they will distort and ultimately probably blow if you crank them.

music_man

Dec 12, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #35 of 71
The sound is just amazing, the detail is mind blowing. I have the volume at the same spot on the dial as my 125s, and they seem close in loudness. I thought I would have to bump up the volume a little due to the extra distance.

I never listen loud, but with these phones I have the urge to pump it up, but then think of my ears and keep it low.

Listening to these phones is like swimming in an ocean of sound, I love it.

Dec 12, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #36 of 71
well..I don't know. this sounds very weird to me. how many experienced a burned -in driver in the PS1000 because they cranked up the volume too high?
i think that every headphone,and especially in the professional level of the PS1000, should be able to handle a serious amount of volume and power. and i even don't talk about REALLY high volume levels,only mid to high volume.

sorry for the rudness,and with all the respect to grado (and i am a serious gradofan)... but if it is for real this is just redicioulos imo.

Dec 12, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #37 of 71
That is just one head-fiers theory though. But obvious I think we would hear if people having issues with their 1500$ HD 800s or ED 8s as well

Dec 13, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #39 of 71
i have a serious question i need help with. is the headbad black or brown? i can't tell.
i need to shoepolish mine and i seem to be using the wrong color!

thanks,
music_man

Dec 13, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #40 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have a serious question i need help with. is the headbad black or brown? i can't tell.
i need to shoepolish mine and i seem to be using the wrong color!

thanks,
music_man

They've been black for years now. Just buy some black polish... I'm sure they'll be fine.

Dec 13, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #41 of 71
From the SR125 to the PS1000 - that's an enormous leap. And I thought I was extravagant moving up from there to the HF2. Those photos truly are headphone ****. Oddly enough I don't feel envious but rather blinded by their beauty. Congratulations to you.

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #44 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pincher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The band is black, the sound is awe-inspiring.

indeed. black. thats fixed!

yes, the sound is magical. they are incredible with average electronics and cables. however, throw the best of the best ahead of them and the sound is jaw dropping. i'd like to balance them but i'd have to have it in writing from grado that it will not void my warranty. balancing these with the stock cable should be a 20 minute job if i get the go ahead.

music_man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back