Grado Modders Go Ypsilon (Elleven Acoustica drivers and builds thread)
Jan 31, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #481 of 722
That's true, one can definitely go too far with opening vent holes– I can't go past four with a wood cup, or the bass starts to sound bloated. I would not touch the R1's too, but seeing as I may have altered the sound beyond remedy, it seems easier to "experiment". Plus, your Gradeze seems to solve the issue by creating new "vent holes" outside of the driver– if I understand Konstantin's posts correctly.
  At somewhere between eighteen & twenty hours of burn in, my "staR1's" are fantastic. There is a difference in the richness of tone that I would not describe as warmth, between them and the "classic" ypsilon, & the details in the upper mids are more forword. I should keep in mind that this may change with continued burn-in & that I am not using an external amp.

Jan 31, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #483 of 722
  can somebody please give a quick "ypsilon S2 vs nhoord Red" comparison?

also, is the S2 noticeably more efficient (volume settings) than the nhoord red ?   (S2 spec says 104dB/mw; Red 96dB/mw).

The S2 is more dynamic over the Nhoord Red V2, a small bit cleaner more detailed in both the bass and treble and the efficiency is better as per the specs, wouldn't call it "noticeably" but its there.  Nhoord is a warmer sound signature and depending on the genre and quality of the recordings can sound better at times.

Feb 1, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #485 of 722
I made my grilles.

No worries about scratches I have to sanding, and anodising them in black.

If somebody want to do the same for a Gradeze project.
If you want to have them done locally

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=397662cotationgrille.png

Open area is above 69%.
All quotations are in millimeter, from the center of the grille, and from the center of each groove.
You may should adjust the diameter of the grille to your cup's dimension and the thikness of the grille. Mine are 101.5mm diameter and 2mm thick.

Francky 
wink_face.gif

Feb 1, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #486 of 722
  I made my grilles.

No worries about scratches I have to sanding, and anodising them in black.

If somebody want to do the same for a Gradeze project.
If you want to have them done locally

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=397662cotationgrille.png

Open area is above 69%.
All quotations are in millimeter, from the center of the grille, and from the center of each groove.
You may should adjust the diameter of the grille to your cup's dimension and the thikness of the grille. Mine are 101.5mm diameter and 2mm thick.

Francky 
wink_face.gif

awesome

Feb 22, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #492 of 722
  My headphone is finished 
bigsmile_face.gif

After 50h I still feel improvement. It becomes better and better.
I love it 
beyersmile.png

Francky 
wink_face.gif

Beautifully done :).

Where did you source the gimbals? I checked Audeze's site, but they seem to only show the rods, no gimbals (maybe I missed them)?

Feb 22, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #493 of 722
Sorry I do not feel like re-reading all 33 pages again. 
Does anyone have a direct comparison of the Yip modded Grados VS the RS-2?

Thanks

Found a decent deal on the RS-2. sounded good but not epic. So wondered if I am going to spend that kind of money if my better rout would be the Yips mod instead

Feb 22, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #494 of 722
  Sorry I do not feel like re-reading all 33 pages again. 
Does anyone have a direct comparison of the Yip modded Grados VS the RS-2?

Thanks

Found a decent deal on the RS-2. sounded good but not epic. So wondered if I am going to spend that kind of money if my better rout would be the Yips mod instead

I have an RS2e, the highs are better (more extended and cleaner) on it but the over all sound of the Ypsiloon S2 driver is better due to it being better balanced from lows to highs.  The Ypsilon R1 is better in the mids and highs than the S2 but the bass is a touch recessed compared to the S2.

Feb 23, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #495 of 722
  Beautifully done :).

Where did you source the gimbals? I checked Audeze's site, but they seem to only show the rods, no gimbals (maybe I missed them)?

Thank you fleasbaby 
wink_face.gif

You're right, they are not on the Audeze's site. But if you send them an e-mail here => http://www.audeze.com/support#suppot_how_to_help you can have the gimbals. They call it a yoke replacement kit. It cost around 40$.

Francky 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back