Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?!
Feb 23, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #481 of 597
some pics 20190223_162137.jpg 20190223_192129.jpg 20190222_211544.jpg 20190222_211524.jpg isobaric-subwoofer-box-design-configurations.jpg

Feb 25, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #488 of 597
I know the driver must match these are all 32ohm, as I mentioned before I do not waste my time for me it's a hobby, I do not share your opinion because the headphone that I appreciate the most have 2 symphone v8 isoboric

What you measure with the multimeter is DC Resistance, audio signal is AC, drivers needs to be match in their AC Impedance curve, DC Resistance is absolutely meaningless.
The drivers voice coil is also an Inductor, hence the rise in the Impedance Curve at high frequencies.
By wiring drivers in series you actually placing an inductor in series with the driver creating a 6db/0ctave (first order) filter at high frequencies, it's one of the reasons why Isobaric is only used in subwoofers and not full range drivers.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #492 of 597
Just received my Nhoord drivers from Jaco,posted last Friday and arrived here in Australia on Tuesday.
Just need cups now,has anyone used cups fron Shipibo Audio.

I have. I recently built a headphone using Shipibo cups (Korina wood), as well as their slim rod blocks and gimbals. The cups were exceptionally well made! This was a welcome change from the Rholupat cups (all of which have sounded great but various dimensions weren't consistent between the two cups in any of the cup sets I've ordered from Rholupat). In contrast the driver sets were cut to the proper depth, the inside diameter of the seat were a snug fit to the drivers, the gimbal holes were properly drilled on both cups, the finish was beautifully done. I can't recommend them enough. I hope to use more of their cups in the future.

I should note that the Rholupat cups aren't really as bad as my comments would seem to indicate. Comparatively though they are not lathed or finished to the same standard as are the Shipibo cups.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #493 of 597
Let me know when you find such a design from a serious headphone manufacturer.
BTW, it is wrong to call this Isobaric.
Isobaric needs a sealed back enclosure.

Yeah, I recently read through Spirit's marketing copy on their site and it was an odd read. Their prices are ridiculously high as well.

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #494 of 597
20190306_000730.jpg 20190305_235112.jpg I've received yesterday my Nhoord Red V2 Drivers + my Geekly L-Cush cups. So I was able to finish my cheap build inside the cups from a very old SR325 pair (this involved a broken scalpel, a bread knife and a freaking hammer). I'm really happy with the results, they sound absolutely amazing right from the box.
My only complaint is with the Geekly L-Cush cups, as I had to wash them off as they smelled of chemicals, and one of the cups started to unravel, so I had to glue it back together with the same glue I've used on mouting the drivers in the plastic cups. Now the left cup feels rough on my ear, because the glue made the outer edge hardened :frowning2:
Never buy off brand folks - except for the Nhoord Drivers of course heheheh

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 4:40 AM Post #495 of 597
I received a new set of Nhoord Red v2 drivers last week and finally got around to installing them in this headphone (Rholupat Mahogany cups) earlier today. I've spent some time listening with them tonight (3 or so hours) and I really like what I'm hearing so far. It's immediately engaging, it's fun to listen with, and it has yet to do anything to offend my ears. I've been surfing through my music library and regardless of what I play I've been absorbed in the music. Hell, it's taken me an hour to type five sentences because I keep closing my eyes and tapping my toes. This is a really good first impression! I don't have much more to say at this point because, frankly, I haven't really paid any attention to tonality, technicalities, headstage, balance, etc simply because I've been too busy enjoying the music - which is the point, yes?

I need to put them down now and go to bed. ....just as soon as this song is over. :)

8dtxlXk.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back