Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?!
Aug 20, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #16 of 597
to i was drawn these originally because of the 3d printed covers
i am somewhat obsessed with 3d printing lately so its nice
to see someone doing functional work like this, they are well made
and well designed, these are cedar cups that i long ago scavenged the drivers from
i've been listening to them for a couple days and they sound amazing
mids are forward like a grado with more extended or detailed highs without being harsh
bass is deep and very detailed overall soundstage is big with tons of detail
and instrument separation...really digging these

Aug 24, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #19 of 597
  Oh... my... the driver and the build make me intoxicated by simply looking at the pictures...

Thank you :). I actually disassembled this build this morning. I needed the cable and headband for the cups I made for the production version of the Nhoord Red. Finished that build this morning, and am burning it in now. Cups are Black and White Ebony, with a banked lip for the pads, and a curved outside face (like a trumpet mouth):

Really excited to spend time with these. Will also start my next Ypsilon build shortly. Maple sleeves, aluminium cups, aluminium gimbals, brown Turbulent Labs headband...

Aug 29, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #20 of 597

Oh... my... the driver and the build make me intoxicated by simply looking at the pictures...

Thank you :). I actually disassembled this build this morning. I needed the cable and headband for the cups I made for the production version of the Nhoord Red. Finished that build this morning, and am burning it in now. Cups are Black and White Ebony, with a banked lip for the pads, and a curved outside face (like a trumpet mouth):

Really excited to spend time with these. Will also start my next Ypsilon build shortly. Maple sleeves, aluminium cups, aluminium gimbals, brown Turbulent Labs headband...

I just love those cups.

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #24 of 597
  The Nhoord Red is the real deal. As soon as my headband comes in, I'll listen longer and post my full review. Spoiler alert: this is the new driver to beat.

Not something I wanted to hear, now I need to start thinking of building one more headphone
tongue.gif
.  will wait for your review and if you can compare them to some of the other drivers like the ypsilon and magnum it would be great

beerchug.gif

Aug 29, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #25 of 597
  Not something I wanted to hear, now I need to start thinking of building one more headphone
tongue.gif
.  will wait for your review and if you can compare them to some of the other drivers like the ypsilon and magnum it would be great

beerchug.gif

The more I listen to mine, the more I see them as the ghost of old Joseph Grado ******** with some Ypsilons...Ypsilon accuracy, warmed up with a little soul.

Aug 29, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #27 of 597
did a bit of informal listening last night
testing the fiio x7 in balanced mode (sounds like ohmygawwd)

they both sound really good
the nhoord is just a bit more...

what he - said "warm and soulful"

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #30 of 597
The sad part is I can't even pronounce the damn name of the drivers!

(Tries pronouncing name) neh-hurd?
biggrin.gif

Lmbo! Jk

LMAO...

Its N-ooh-rid

If you can roll an "R" that's what you do with the "rid" section. 

Jaco at Nhoord is probably laughing his arse off right now. I am South African too, but I was raised in an English speaking household, and the word is Afrikaans-based, so even my pronunciation probably sounds a little silly to him 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back