Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?!
Feb 7, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #173 of 597
  my 225e is easier to drive than both the Ypsilon S2 and Nhoord V2 on my X3.

Thanks for the info, you have been super helpful
biggrin.gif
  Really appreciate it !

Feb 7, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #174 of 597
  really looking forward to this creation of yours
basshead.gif

The SkullCandy Hesh Bluetooth mod has started....
http://www.head-fi.org/t/834643/skullcandy-hesh-2-bluetooth-headphones-mod-thread

The good news is that the mounting space in the baffle is huge (stock drivers are 50mm diameter), so mounting the nhoord drivers won't be a problem; the bad news is....judging from the way things are arranged inside the Hesh's ear cups, the "cut a hole in the cup and install a wood tube" idea is probably not gonna go....
confused_face.gif

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #179 of 597
Ask away man!

I let @fleasbaby take the wheel for most of that. He's been going on about using Black Limba as the inner sleeves so I figured I gotta hear that. For the outside he recommended Burmese Blackwood, which is great because I wanted to try a much harder/denser wood (I've got some Maple cups too).

Soundwise, there's just a little something missing so far. Detail and clarity are excellent! Bass as well. Just missing a touch of soul in the mids. Goofing around with cables and dynamat for a couple days. Also trying to experiment with the use of ceramic foam like they're doing in some speakers. I've been meaning to put up an in depth post to get some thoughts on that but I'm just so...lazy 
rolleyes.gif

-S

Feb 9, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #180 of 597
  Ask away man!

I let @fleasbaby take the wheel for most of that. He's been going on about using Black Limba as the inner sleeves so I figured I gotta hear that. For the outside he recommended Burmese Blackwood, which is great because I wanted to try a much harder/denser wood (I've got some Maple cups too).

Soundwise, there's just a little something missing so far. Detail and clarity are excellent! Bass as well. Just missing a touch of soul in the mids. Goofing around with cables and dynamat for a couple days. Also trying to experiment with the use of ceramic foam like they're doing in some speakers. I've been meaning to put up an in depth post to get some thoughts on that but I'm just so...lazy 
rolleyes.gif

-S

Got some close up pictures of the cups?  Do these 2 section cups sound better than the one piece ones if you ever had the chance to listen to both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back