Grado headband replacement?
Jul 1, 2004 at 6:40 PM Post #31 of 36
Well, that's his decision. If he wants to sell 200 dollar headphones made of plastic, that's his choice, but even with my SR-80's I feel like they should be made of sterner stuff considering what they're selling for. Just look at the V6's, they're bulletproof and can be had for like 20 bucks more. Anyway, I just relized I'm going to start a rant here, so I'll leave it at that. Still, I can both understand and critisize his decision.

Jul 2, 2004 at 4:22 AM Post #32 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
Of course...but why would this be a secret?

I spoke with John Grado today regarding this. He stated there has been some concern regarding "marketing" of their parts for potentially illegitmate reasons. Therefore, he is reluctant to offer this type of service. I understand where he's coming from...but it still sucks when you're looking for a headband.

Of course that is his right. Maybe he wants to be the Headphone Nazi.

NO HEADBAND FOR YOU. YOUR SKULL HURT?! TOUGH ****!

NEXT!

Great attitude. Customer last, and all that.

Jul 2, 2004 at 7:58 AM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDetermination
Of course that is his right. Maybe he wants to be the Headphone Nazi.

NO HEADBAND FOR YOU. YOUR SKULL HURT?! TOUGH ****!

NEXT!

Great attitude. Customer last, and all that.

i wouldnt say that - grado labs has been known for their customer service - i have heard of parts being replaced out of warranty.

the only thing that puzzles me would be the somewhat conservative (read: strange) business plan of jacking up grado prices elsewhere in the world while keeping them relatively low in america.

Jul 2, 2004 at 8:03 AM Post #34 of 36
I TOLD you people not to say anything about buying a headband for your SR series or even anything else at all; simply state, "My RS-2 headband is in bad shape, please send me a replacement headband assembly." Say nothing more and nothing less and you will be rewarded. John Grado himself sold me the headband for $50 shipped, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind continuing this service if others hadn't have clued him in regarding their true motivations. Sometimes a little discretion is wise.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back