Grado GS1000 GS-1000 GS1 GS1K [ Official Customer Satisfaction/ Appreciation Thread ]
Jan 7, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #106 of 189
I have just reviewed the GS1000e
http://www.head-fi.org/products/grado-gs1000e/reviews/14965

Jan 19, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #107 of 189
I like all the appreciation the GS1Ke's are getting over here.  I had a chance to hear a pair and I'm thinking about them.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the "L" cush pads on them?  I know it sounds like going backwards but I also wonder if they'd keep their sound signature and sound like super-RS1(is/e)s...

Jan 19, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #108 of 189
  I like all the appreciation the GS1Ke's are getting over here.  I had a chance to hear a pair and I'm thinking about them.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the "L" cush pads on them?  I know it sounds like going backwards but I also wonder if they'd keep their sound signature and sound like super-RS1(is/e)s...

I've recently sold my GS1k, but I'll try the L-cush on my PS1k, just for kicks.
biggrin.gif

I predict more bass, less treble, and a smaller, less airy soundstage.
wink.gif

Jan 24, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #110 of 189
I just had my first listen to a GS1000e, I have to say that the soundstage and detail far surpasses other models maybe besides the PS1000 that I didn't get a chance to listen to. It might just be that I much prefer the G pads over the L or the ones on the SR60e that I have.

Jan 24, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #111 of 189
  I just had my first listen to a GS1000e, I have to say that the soundstage and detail far surpasses other models maybe besides the PS1000 that I didn't get a chance to listen to. It might just be that I much prefer the G pads over the L or the ones on the SR60e that I have.

Have you listened to the GH-1/G?

Jan 28, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #113 of 189
Nice to see an appreciation thread on GS1K. I always wonder why the GS1K is not getting as much attention than the RS1 / RS325  model.
Because of health issues, I need light weight headphones and cannot use heavy phones.
Owned the RS2i before, which I prefer to the RS1i, but ultimately put off by its harsh sound and treble, narrow soundstage and the accentuated pace. Good for rock, may be, but that was not my genre. Been wondering if the GS1K would have the good points minus the drawbacks.

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #114 of 189
Nice to see an appreciation thread on GS1K. I always wonder why the GS1K is not getting as much attention than the RS1 / RS325  model.
Because of health issues, I need light weight headphones and cannot use heavy phones.
Owned the RS2i before, which I prefer to the RS1i, but ultimately put off by its harsh sound and treble, narrow soundstage and the accentuated pace. Good for rock, may be, but that was not my genre. Been wondering if the GS1K would have the good points minus the drawbacks.

I think the biggest thing about the GS1K is how awesome they are at low volume. Bigger soundstage, excellent detail: they are my favorite Grado's that I've heard so far.

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #115 of 189
I bought my GS1000i's used late October, and have been saying the same thing...
why isn't the GS1000 more loved here? I read so much about GH1's with G cushions, PS500e,
RS1i's and RS2e's, some PS1000i or e but very little about the GS1000's!!!

as per my previous posts, these for me are END GAME Grado's, Best of Grado 
and one of the best headphones available today.

I listen at fairly low volumes and would love to advocate for that, seeing the tinnitus sufferers
and those with volume-related hear loss on this site.

The GS1000's are unbelievable at lower volumes and do not require fancy amplification either to sing!

For some reason, the GS1000's are the forgotten Grado, I would like to see that change.

Excellent sound stage and layering
top class detail and smoothness
above all, conveys the emotion and musicality effortlessly and naturally

the technique of the musicians, the energy, the character/tonality of the instruments, the subtlelties of the singer

If there is any colouration, there is at times a "golden" one in the midrange, not exactly a colouration but
imagine a beautiful, slightly golden light highlighting the artist on stage

reminds me of the solidity, life-size, effortless natural detail and finesse, life-like air and separation of great tube amps

totally natural and without any fatigue

lightweight and for myself the most comfortable Grado

love the RS325e and RS80e but the GS1000i is in the  VERY top class for me (and for many others,
check the reviews on Grado's web site!).

.....Looking forward to even more appreciations for the Classic GS1000 series!

emotion....subtlety....detail...smoothness...aliveness....like listening to modern Quad electrostatics in a really good system!

John Grado's own personal Statement and masterpiece, and mine too!

Jan 28, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #116 of 189
  I bought my GS1000i's used late October, and have been saying the same thing...
why isn't the GS1000 more loved here? I read so much about GH1's with G cushions, PS500e,
RS1i's and RS2e's, some PS1000i or e but very little about the GS1000's!!!

as per my previous posts, these for me are END GAME Grado's, Best of Grado 
and one of the best headphones available today.

I listen at fairly low volumes and would love to advocate for that, seeing the tinnitus sufferers
and those with volume-related hear loss on this site.

The GS1000's are unbelievable at lower volumes and do not require fancy amplification either to sing!

For some reason, the GS1000's are the forgotten Grado, I would like to see that change.

Excellent sound stage and layering
top class detail and smoothness
above all, conveys the emotion and musicality effortlessly and naturally

the technique of the musicians, the energy, the character/tonality of the instruments, the subtlelties of the singer

If there is any colouration, there is at times a "golden" one in the midrange, not exactly a colouration but
imagine a beautiful, slightly golden light highlighting the artist on stage

reminds me of the solidity, life-size, effortless natural detail and finesse, life-like air and separation of great tube amps

totally natural and without any fatigue

lightweight and for myself the most comfortable Grado

love the RS325e and RS80e but the GS1000i is in the  VERY top class for me (and for many others,
check the reviews on Grado's web site!).

.....Looking forward to even more appreciations for the Classic GS1000 series!

emotion....subtlety....detail...smoothness...aliveness....like listening to modern Quad electrostatics in a really good system!

Joseph Grado's own personal Statement and masterpiece, and mine too!

I'm glad that you're enjoying your GS1000i. I agree that they sound very good.

That being said, Grado's website is the last place I'd go to check out reviews. I mean, these could've been written by people who are VERY close to the Grado family. I'm speculating here, but I'm very skeptical by nature, so I can't help it.

It's a bit like those medication commercials you see on TV. It's always a couple biking with a huge smile on their faces, or people playing volleyball on the beach, or playing Frizbee with their dogs.
rolleyes.gif

Oh! and fyi, the GS1000i aren't Joseph Grado's creation, they're John's.
wink.gif

Jan 28, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #117 of 189

corrected, yes of course John Grado. Well, check WhatHifi or other innumerable reviews,
they all say similar things about these amazing hp's!

Jan 29, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #118 of 189

corrected, yes of course John Grado. Well, check WhatHifi or other innumerable reviews,
they all say similar things about these amazing hp's!

I agree that the GS1000i are one of John's very nice creations.

To be fair though, Joseph did create a masterpiece of his own in the HP1000.
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #119 of 189
while I have every reason to accept that the HP1000 is a masterpiece (which I have never heard, but look forward to hearing one day),
to me the GS1000i is a masterpiece also, especially for lower volume listening ....everything is there, and it is so natural,
musical, so RIGHT sounding.......enjoyable and non-fatiguing......John, you hit it out of the park!

I also like the RS325e for on the go (my GS1000i do not leave my place) listening, excellent for the price and more 
durable for taking places!

Jan 30, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #120 of 189
while I have every reason to accept that the HP1000 is a masterpiece (which I have never heard, but look forward to hearing one day),
to me the GS1000i is a masterpiece also, especially for lower volume listening ....everything is there, and it is so natural,
musical, so RIGHT sounding.......enjoyable and non-fatiguing......John, you hit it out of the park!

I also like the RS325e for on the go (my GS1000i do not leave my place) listening, excellent for the price and more 
durable for taking places!

I never heard the HP1000, but I can say that the PS1000e is a masterpiece headphone. I also have the GS1000e and like them very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back