Grado GS-2000e
May 18, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #47 of 114
  how's the soundstage of GS2000e? as big as the first version non e gs1000?

The soundstage was similar to GS-1K bigger than GS1Ke,the new GS-2Ke is a major improvement also in other areas to GS1K line.I like to say the new phone is a mixture of GS-1K and PS1K  + some added warmth.Air, warmth ,transparency and musicality= GS-2Ke
Todd said he will ship the phone in 7-10 days

May 18, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #48 of 114
GS1000 - to - GS2000e conversion kit just made available from C'est What?, the unauthorized Grado store, here.

May 18, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #49 of 114
The soundstage was similar to GS-1K bigger than GS1Ke,the new GS-2Ke is a major improvement also in other areas to GS1K line.I like to say the new phone is a mixture of GS-1K and PS1K  + some added warmth.Air, warmth ,transparency and musicality= GS-2Ke
Todd said he will ship the phone in 7-10 days

Congrats on your purchase. I look forward to your further impressions as you have them and break them in. The set I had for three weeks definitely sounded better by the end of their visit with me than they did when I first got them although they sounded superb from the getgo.

:D

May 18, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #51 of 114
In case anyone missed it the link below takes to my Review and Impressions of the GS2000e, hope you enjoy.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/808445/grado-statement-gs2000e-review-and-first-impressions

:)

May 18, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #52 of 114
In case anyone missed it the link below takes to my Review and Impressions of the GS2000e, hope you enjoy.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/808445/grado-statement-gs2000e-review-and-first-impressions

I would like a little more information on how bright or neutral these are. Is the treble less peaky than the PS1000e or about the same?

I currently own the PS500e if that helps.

May 20, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #55 of 114
I would like a little more information on how bright or neutral these are. Is the treble less peaky than the PS1000e or about the same?

I currently own the PS500e if that helps.

Truthfully I really don't find my PS1000e peaky in the treble. Although Grados in general are easy to drive they still certainly reflect what the front end feeding them is and mate better or worse with different amps. Right now I am listening to Leslie West (Still Climbing) with my TEAC HA-501 driving the PS1000e and although the music is high energy everything is in good balance as it was a short while ago on my Violectric V200 (slightly less soundstage width). On the Burson HA-160 the high frequency gets a bit sharper and bass tightens up a bit. In this particular scenario I would rank them in the order mentioned with the TEAC being the best match of the three. Having just changed over to a compilation of Buddy Guy tracks some of which are older and lower fidelity. Switching over to the ALO PanAm with Gateway power supply works well to pull out the best from this disc adding a touch of sweetness to take the edge off the recording while adding more dimension.

Back to the question at hand..... Comparing the GS2000e to the PS1000e is a case of different approach with the GS more pinpoint detail oriented while the PS1000e gives great detail and depth with a somewhat fuller body. Somewhat like listening to a large symphonic orchestra live (PS1000e) compared to the tightly controlled sonics of a studio recording (GS2ke). With it's more upfront presentation you might expect the GS to be bright or peaky in comparison but I did not find that to be the case. If a recording was hot in the highs the GS did reflect that and could lean towards a brighter presentation than the PS1000e would. It is a little like the GH1 compared to your PS500e (with stock L pads on both) in their different presentations.

A bit of meandering but I hope it gives you a sense of how they compare in the high frequencies. Keep in mind It is now over a week and a half since I gave the GS2000e back to Grado and would have been easier if I still had both for more instant A/B comparisons.

May 21, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #57 of 114
Thanks for the information.

You're very welcome.  I am very much looking forward to what we hear from the Head Fiers who already have the GS2000e on order and get some time getting used to their new prize.

L3000.gif

May 25, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #58 of 114
Wow! So I just recieved my GS2000e today! After listening for the last 30min I must say this is the first Grado, that I can say with confidence, has the largest soundstage to date. More impressions to come....

May 25, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #59 of 114
Wow! So I just recieved my GS2000e today! After listening for the last 30min I must say this is the first Grado, that I can say with confidence, has the largest soundstage to date. More impressions to come....

So happy but not surprised that you are so impressed fresh out of the box. Believe me the best is yet to come. You should start hearing the changes by 40-50 hours use and be close to there as you pass 100 hours...

Please keep us posted..... :)

May 25, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #60 of 114

This is my audio chain for now be fed by my Mac Mini running Audirvana+. I am finding that the Treble and Bass are most affected by trying different amps. So I will say that the GS2ke is quite transperent too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back