Grado GS-2000e
May 13, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #16 of 114
Those are some nice looking cans.  I have the GS1000 on my radar as an anniversary present from the misses, but now these show up. I'm still hoping that Grado replaces the plastic gimbals and rod housing to lightweight metals or a combination with wood on all their upper echelon models (RS, GS, PS).  I think it's about time to add more aesthetic value with better materials to match flagship or TOTL prices, IMO.

May 13, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #17 of 114
Intriguing.. Its always nice to see new drivers in a model, but I'm most interested to see what difference the hybrid wood construction will make to the overall sound.

I had hoped that they would experiment using other tonewoods in the GS series such as rosewood or ebony, but I guess maple is a natural progression following the success of the gh-1. Cant wait to see the reviews.

May 13, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #18 of 114
Ordered GS-2000e after Munich show because i found it to be the best Grado ever.First thing i noticed was a quite wide soundstage and the 3d imaging cabability ,this was not the case with 1000e when i compared them side by side.This is a full sounding phone wich is at the same time very transparent and airy.Although the bass wasn't tight more round like still i got the feeling that this a neutral sounding phone .Didn't notice any piercing highs just everything sounded so natural i didn't get a feeling of a technical phone.The original GS-1000 is airy but isn't full ,2000e is airy and full.The 2000e is fuller than PS-1000e and appear to have the same amount of transparency .I got the feeling that Grado made this time everything right it sounded very engaging.I cannot say more because it was 15 minutes and i speak from memory the amp was Pioneer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yti0qhbNEU
at 1.28 you see 1000e and 2000e side by side amplified by Pioneer

May 13, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #22 of 114
They extended the frequency response too to 4hz-51hz vs 8hz-35hz noted on the GS1ke.

May 13, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #25 of 114
  Those are some nice looking cans.  I have the GS1000 on my radar as an anniversary present from the misses, but now these show up. I'm still hoping that Grado replaces the plastic gimbals and rod housing to lightweight metals or a combination with wood on all their upper echelon models (RS, GS, PS).  I think it's about time to add more aesthetic value with better materials to match flagship or TOTL prices, IMO.

The RS1x/GSx/PSx all come with metal gimbals. 
smile.gif

May 13, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #27 of 114
  ^I stand corrected.  My RS2 has the plastic gimbals.  Still, it would be nice to replace those plastic rod holders with a metal design, no?

I just replaced my plastic rod blocks/gimbals/tips on my GH-1 with stainless steel…and although they look great, I really don't mind the plastic rod blocks so much on my other Grados, but would much rather have metal gimbals on all of them.

May 13, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #28 of 114
  I just replaced my plastic rod blocks/gimbals/tips on my GH-1 with stainless steel…and although they look great, I really don't mind the plastic rod blocks so much on my other Grados, but would much rather have metal gimbals on all of them.

Where can I order such stainless steel rods, seems Martinaudio is really out of business?

May 13, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #29 of 114
interesting - there's a noticeable gap between the edge of the black plastic driver housing and the wooden cup in that pic

May 13, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #30 of 114
  Where can I order such stainless steel rods, seems Martinaudio is really out of business?

I was fortunate enough to have a H-F member do me a big favor and contact a seller/fabricator who is located in India via Facebook for me (being I'm not on Facebook) and place the order for me…so unfortunately I don't know who the seller/fabricator is and therefor I had/have no direct contact with him, sorry. And yes, it does seem MC is out of business or at least hasn't made his business a priority lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back