Grado GS-2000e
May 14, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #31 of 114
  I was fortunate enough to have a H-F member do me a big favor and contact a seller/fabricator who is located in India via Facebook for me (being I'm not on Facebook) and place the order for me…so unfortunately I don't know who the seller/fabricator is and therefor I had/have no direct contact with him, sorry. And yes, it does seem MC is out of business or at least hasn't made his business a priority lately.

Thanks anyway, I think I have to keep the black (plastic) rodblocks on my PS-1000E :wink: !

May 14, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #32 of 114
  Thanks anyway, I think I have to keep the black (plastic) rodblocks on my PS-1000E :wink: !

Your welcome.
I actually may prefer the black plastic rod blocks to the stainless steel ones aesthetically myself, but I paid for all three pieces rod blocks/gimbals/tips so of course I put them all on. Anyway the gimbals wouldn't fit the PS1Kx so you'd be paying $80.00 U.S. just for the rod blocks/tips.  

May 14, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #33 of 114
  Your welcome.
I actually may prefer the black plastic rod blocks to the stainless steel ones aesthetically myself, but I paid for all three pieces rod blocks/gimbals/tips so of course I put them all on.

I think I would have picked 2 sets - and used the third set for helping another Headfier
atsmile.gif

May 14, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #34 of 114
​So I placed a order for the GS2000e and got an email saying please call and confirm your purchase because our credit card system requires you call in for high priced order, signed Rich Grado. So I say to myself, sure, it's just protocol email sent out by some lovely front desk person at Grado's headquarters. I woke up this morning, and still in bed I plugged the eGrado into the blackberry and called to confirm the purchase.

A gentlemen picks up and I inform him on why I am calling. His voice sounds a bit familiar, and shortly after he says "It's Rich by the way", No way! But yes it was was the man himself Richard Grado on the other line! We had a brief conversation, coffee was mentioned, he authorized the order and we said our goodbyes.

Very good people over at Grado Labs. Thank you Rich.

May 14, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #35 of 114
Excellent. I look forward to your impressions. I was about to purchase the gs1000e when news of the gs2000e broke. I think I'll wait to hear some reviews before I make a decision.

Are the gs2000e's shipping now or is there a wait?

May 15, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #37 of 114
Soundsatge says:The €1699 GS2000s are the first Grado headphones to use two different woods -- mahogany and maple -- in each earcup, a technique said to help cancel resonances. According to the company, the GS2000s also employ a 50mm driver, the largest the company has yet used. We thought they delivered a satisfyingly full sound, with less of the treble emphasis for which Grados are revered or reviled, depending on whom you ask.

May 15, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #38 of 114
Soundsatge says:The €1699 GS2000s are the first Grado headphones to use two different woods -- mahogany and maple -- in each earcup, a technique said to help cancel resonances. According to the company, the GS2000s also employ a 50mm driver, the largest the company has yet used. We thought they delivered a satisfyingly full sound, with less of the treble emphasis for which Grados are revered or reviled, depending on whom you ask.

Such a bummer that $1375 = €1699. Thats almost 2000 dollars! Are they mistaken, or perhaps theyre including import fees?

If the gs2000e are US exclusive, why demo it in Germany?

May 15, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #39 of 114
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

No way are the 800S my last headphones after this announcement...

May 17, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #41 of 114
I wish I had been able to hear the GS1000e to compare the GS2000e to. I have loved my RS!i's enough to give the GS2000e a chance
gs1000.gif
. Now if I could just sell my RS1i's to be able to help the new purchase not hurt my wallet so bad....

May 17, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #45 of 114

Users who are viewing this thread

Back