Grado GR10?
Oct 12, 2010 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

revolink24

Headphoneus Supremus
I just noticed a page went up on the Grado website for GR10s. They are still using a single BA design in a similar housing. They are, however, green. Hopefully these will bring the price of the GR8 down to competitive levels. 

Oct 12, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #3 of 56
Well according to the site, new materials and more tuning precision will render these with more bass and treble extension. That sounds exciting to me if the price is not too outrageous...

Oct 12, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #4 of 56
Easier to drive than GR8, better treble and bass extension than GR8, and perhaps a little bit more space, that would create a really loveable IEM
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'm eager to try this phone (hope not too pricey)

Oct 12, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #5 of 56
If they price this the same as the GR8 and drop the price of the GR8 they would have improved their IEM lineup value greatly.

Oct 12, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #6 of 56
Oh man, I just bought the GR8 and now I hear about the GR10. I haven't even listened to them yet and now there is an improved version. I don't like the new color. They should have went with a darker green.

Oct 12, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #7 of 56
Lol!  Looks like Grado form to take the same phone and tune it.  Grado = Evolution over Revolution.  Don't like the green though, should be silver or use a wood housing.  Better treble and bass extension, smoother mids and less distortion = win compared to the GR8.  

Oct 12, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #8 of 56
Looks like the GR10 doesn't have a case like the GR8 :p I don't like the green either. Wood would be a good option instead. It's easier to drive but the real question is how they sound.

Oct 12, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #9 of 56
Like the MC5, the green should look better in real life but where they went wrong was not making the front part/sound tube black. Silver into green then into a black strain and cable is too much. Black tips and all black with green would have worked much better.

Oct 13, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #10 of 56
Grado emailed me back and it's $399

I loved the GR8 when I had it but thought it was a tad inefficient and slightly grainy sounding.  If GR10 improves on this it will easily compete with the other $400 IEM's

Oct 13, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #13 of 56
From the Music Direct website.  These comments sound like they have heard them.

Built on the foundation of everything Grado learned from engineering their fantastic and well received GR8 in-ear headphones, the GR10 features a revised and upgraded single armature driver, tighter tolerances and new materials. The total effect is a stunning upgrade to an already excellent in-ear headphone.
The GR10s imaging is far superior, with a greater sense of depth and focus. The frequency extremes have been extended and smoothed offering a much larger sonic picture and greater dynamic contrast. The GR10s are also smoother through the midband, offering greater richness to the power already present in the GR8s.
Very comfortable and surprisingly lightweight, the GR10s are so enjoyable to wear, you may forget you have them in! Grado includes a variety of ear tips to fit most ears and we recommend about 100hrs of burn-in time to allow the GR10s to reach their full potential.

Looks like I may need to sell my sorely unused W3's and take one for the team on these.  These really excite me!

Oct 14, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #14 of 56
There's a seller on eBay selling for a discount:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-new-Grado-GR10-In-Ear-Headphones-U-S-only-/280575189625?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item415395a279

I am interested to hear impressions on the GR8(previously owned) vs GR10 vs EQ-7 (which I recently acquired).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back