Grado GR10?
Oct 14, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #18 of 56
In one of the GR8 threads someone emailed Grado about a sound issue and they responded back by saying that the GR8 requires 25 hours of burn in. I wonder why they are recommending 100 hours for thew GR10?

Quote:
I find the following description amusing:
"we recommend about 100hrs of burn-in time to allow the GR10s to reach their full potential"

Oct 14, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #20 of 56

Quote:
In one of the GR8 threads someone emailed Grado about a sound issue and they responded back by saying that the GR8 requires 25 hours of burn in. I wonder why they are recommending 100 hours for thew GR10?

Yea, that's what they told me but I never noticed a difference.  I guess they just today started shipping them to the dealers so not available for another week or so.  I'm taking the plunge.  Will report back with direct comparisons to SE535, W3, ER4P and GR8.

Not sure why but I think these are going to be REALLY good!

Oct 15, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #22 of 56

Quote:

Yea, that's what they told me but I never noticed a difference.  I guess they just today started shipping them to the dealers so not available for another week or so.  I'm taking the plunge.  Will report back with direct comparisons to SE535, W3, ER4P and GR8.

Awesome!  Taking one for the team. 

Oct 15, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #23 of 56
Is it just me but it looks like the GR10 is slightly longer than the GR8.  Perhaps the GR10 is +2mm longer.  Maybe the GR12 will become an EQ-7 twin from the inside and most of outside.

Oct 15, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #24 of 56

Quote:

I do too.  I think they learned a lot from the GR8 and adjusted accordingly.  A lot of EQ7 users had fit issues that the GR8 cold have answered if the sound was right.  I always liked the look, fit and feel of the GR8 housing.

Quote:
Is it just me but it looks like the GR10 is slightly longer than the GR8.  Perhaps the GR10 is +2mm longer.  Maybe the GR12 will become an EQ-7 twin from the inside and most of outside.

Nah, its an optical illusion from the black paint is all.  So why minty green?  I think the GR8 should look like the top and GR10 the bottom.  I think it would have made more sense for them to use wood and metal in the housing designs matching their headphone lineup.

Oct 15, 2010 at 7:11 AM Post #25 of 56
I don't think it will be like e-Q7 at all.  GR8 already had more bass than e-Q7 and now GR10 reportedly has more and is thicker sounding.  That is starting to stray away towards something different.

Oct 15, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #26 of 56
Wouldn't that be something if the next GRx was made like the HF2 (metal & wood) and had a s/n burned in somewhere? I would be all over it.  Congrats to those with more green in their wallets.  I look forward to the impressions and possibly the first FS post
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #28 of 56
Waiting on my EQ-7 to be delivered from the UK to confirm.  If the rest of the sonic characterics doesn't make up for the lack of bass, then you'll see it back in the FS forum.

Oct 15, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #29 of 56
I have not heard e-Q7 but was in close contact with some that had and also had GR8.  My understanding was that e-Q7 had quite a bit more extended treble but bass was about same or slightly less.  GR8  a  bit more airier sounding and mid-centric,

There was a very natural sounding airy loftiness with GR8 that made it very pleasureable to listen to moreso than other mid-centric IEM's.  No fatigue whatsoever.  VERY natural sounding.  Not much improvement was needed so GR10 is quite welcome..

Also, all the step-ups from every brand from mid-level ($300) to higher level ($400) are quite significant (SE425 > SE535), (SFPro > TF10 Pro), (UM2 > UM3X), (W2 > W3) so I am hoping Grado does the same thing. 

Oct 15, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #30 of 56
Crap. I just got the GR8s!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back