GRADO GR10: Reviews, First Impressions Thread
Mar 23, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #991 of 1,160
Everybody's just opinionated.

Where did you buy the GR10 e ? I did not see them announced in Germany yet? Not urgent for now, as I am still pretty happy, with the "old" ones and with the FiiO x7 I have another goal this, so 2015 might be an expensive year
beyersmile.png

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #992 of 1,160
Where did you buy the GR10 e ? I did not see them announced in Germany yet? Not urgent for now, as I am still pretty happy, with the "old" ones and with the FiiO x7 I have another goal this, so 2015 might be an expensive year:beyersmile:

I didn't really buy them, i had my old GR10 replaced with these within warranty due to a problem in the left driver.
The store is Concerto Audio in amsterdam.

I don't know if they're on sale yet, or if i got a "made for demoing" pair.

Mar 23, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #993 of 1,160
Nah.....just razzin you guys.

That's great that the new version has a bit more bass.  I have listened to a lot of IEM's (just see my sound sig) and GR10 is easily in my Top 5 list.  While I wish (the original) had more bass weight the GR10 had a crazy euphoric "airy floating soundstage" that I am not sure I have heard with any other IEM.  Seriously unique!  THAT is the #1 thing I loved about GR10.   But it IS mid-centric as well so if you don't like forward midrange (like Shure sound sig) stay away from Grado....

Mar 23, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #994 of 1,160
Nah.....just razzin you guys.

That's great that the new version has a bit more bass.  I have listened to a lot of IEM's (just see my sound sig) and GR10 is easily in my Top 5 list.  While I wish (the original) had more bass weight the GR10 had a crazy euphoric "airy soundstage" that I am not sure I have heard with any other IEM.  THAT is the #1 thing I loved about GR10.   But it IS mid-centric....

I'm waiting for the first person to mod their GR10 and put a tiny hole in them, then compare them to the GR10e..

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #996 of 1,160
Mar 24, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #998 of 1,160
It is in between the sound bore and the cable on the under side (assuming you wear cable down) of the earphone. 

I'm sorry to say this, but mine did not have that.

You are talking about the original GR10, yes?

Mar 24, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #1,000 of 1,160

It is in between the sound bore and the cable on the under side (assuming you wear cable down) of the earphone. 

I'm sorry to say this, but mine did not have that.

You are talking about the original GR10, yes?

He is, indeed. And hope he doesn't mind me borrowing one of his amazing photos:

That said, I'm not sure either whether mine have that vent. Gonna take a closer look later today.

Mar 24, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #1,001 of 1,160

He is, indeed. And hope he doesn't mind me borrowing one of his amazing photos:

That said, I'm not sure either whether mine have that vent. Gonna take a closer look later today.

For clarification: the photo shows a gold-coloured sound cap, but it is actually silver. The photo may be clear and sharp, but the colour is messed up. I'm sorry. It is an original GR10, not a GR10e.

Mar 24, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #1,002 of 1,160
For clarification: the photo shows a gold-coloured sound cap, but it is actually silver. The photo may be clear and sharp, but the colour is messed up. I'm sorry. It is an original GR10, not a GR10e.

When did you buy this unit? (Great pic, by the way)

I bought mine originally august 2013. Maybe you got an early GR10e (as the other e series were sold as i series about 2 months before "e" announcement)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back