Grado Fan Club!
Sep 26, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #62,746 of 66,744
P_20230926_151502.jpg

Well, RS2X in da hoose, comparing with my 325x and having some pad fun to boot.

Didn't take long to just not bother with the 325, just can't compete with the RS2x, just muddy in comparison. I've pad rolled the 325 to oblivion and back and always came back to the stock F. Seems I'm doing the same with the RS2x, just keep coming back to the L.

G is ok, tape mod awful, and L is poor on the 325 and F poor on the RS2x, and the comfy just ok on both.

Interestingly I have cut a hole in some comfies and use them upside down on both and they sound great! Going to experiment more with those.

I can't dial some EQ into the 325s to get them remotely close to the RS2x, but I can sneak a little bit more bass into the RS2x and it's fantastic. I use UAPP/Qobuz with Mojo2.

The RS2x are well worth the money for me, just opens up the music , imaging and clarity just suck you in. You forget you are gear testing and just enjoy .

Use lots of tracks to test but Eva Cassidy has never sound so good neither has Cat Stevens but Sandstorm Darude just cracked a beat and took me back to the clubs.

Superb headphones
RS2e with some Mojo2 bass boost works the same, it gives them what they need and they sound fantastic like that.

Sep 26, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #62,750 of 66,744
Sold off SR325X and was contemplating selling Hemp but had a listen again and it's good ! Besides it match with the colour of my gold amp. :) So perhaps it might live for a little longer.

IMG_7846.jpg

Sep 26, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #62,751 of 66,744
Sold off SR325X and was contemplating selling Hemp but had a listen again and it's good ! Besides it match with the colour of my gold amp. :) So perhaps it might live for a little longer.

IMG_7846.jpg
One mans loss is another mans window off opportunity
My 325x have also departed me on loan to my brother but my RSx-1 won't be going anywhere

Sep 26, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #62,753 of 66,744
Sorry for the delay, quite the busy day. I will list some choices I have and like and 👀 look to follow up with thoughts and impressions and keep it solely to the GS3000x.
Note: listing is currently random but that will eventually change.

TEAC HA-501 dual mono class A
HeadAmp Gilmore Lite mk2/ class A
with Golden Reference Power Supply
Mjolnir Dyna Low
Violectric V200
Grado Signature HPA-1
ALO PanAm, Gateway & Passage
Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon (1st variant)
Monolith Cavalli Liquid Spark
Schiit Lyr

I am not including any of my portable/transportable amps a number of which sound great with Grados. Should anyone have an interest in that catagory PM me directly or just post here.

Back to some nice blues with Mike Bloomfield.
Joe, did you mean to say Harley-Davidson Dyna Low Rider, Mjolnir Dynalo?
I'm confused as the whether you're discussing amplifiers or motorcycles?

Sep 26, 2023 at 10:48 PM Post #62,754 of 66,744
Joe, did you mean to say Harley-Davidson Dyna Low Rider, Mjolnir Dynalo?
I'm confused as the whether you're discussing amplifiers or motorcycles?
…. Stereo amps, motorcycles ☑
…. mono amps, unicycles ☑️
…. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sep 27, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #62,756 of 66,744
Anyone going to Toronto AudioFest (October 20-22) this year? I went last year and spent extensive time at the Grado booth. If anyone wants my Hemp I can sell it in-person at TAF for $350 CAD.

Interestingly, Totem Acoustic, which had a large presence last year, is absent this year. Wonder what happened. I recently bought their Kin Play Mini to pair with my TV.

Sep 27, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #62,757 of 66,744
Hi,

Can anyone say if my 225e drivers look ok?
IMG_0546.jpeg
What you thinking ? To be honest you're best to do more pics from the other side , most E drivers were red , not all , some dark. Mine are red. Do they sound funny or wrong ?

Sep 27, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #62,759 of 66,744
Would you consider a ps500e an upgrade over the hemp? I had a hf2 and didn't like it cause I found it too dark but the ps500e should be different
• PS500e sound is more detailed than Hemp sound. The high frequency response is more extended - but not tilted ‘upward’ versus lower frequencies; bass extends more deeply in PS500e.
• An ‘upgrade’ over Hemp? Technically, yes. But Hemp and PS500e get plenty of ‘headtime’ chez moi. Why? Because each has its overall charm - for which I may be in the mood 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Sep 27, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #62,760 of 66,744
Circling around to RS-1x and Violectric HPA V200, after spending time with other hp / hpa pairings, …. what a great duet !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back