Grado Fan Club!
Aug 7, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #62,116 of 66,744
I received the ‘larger’ Nyczaj Audio gimbal assemblies - made for the Grado Statement series headphones - and installed them on the Professional Series 2000e.
2160E6F0-4A0A-49BF-97EF-09EB42482623.jpeg
Greater control, firmer grip on the gimbal rods, less extraneous vibration. Given the weight of the PS2000e earcups, all this is important: ==> even clearer, more focused sound. [Note the two ‘allen screw’ gimbal rod ports per block.]

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #62,117 of 66,744
Enough of my BS, it’s time for PS:
91B22610-F2C9-4D69-AA7D-0E9A9BA31D93.jpeg

Aug 7, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #62,118 of 66,744
Enough of my BS, it’s time for PS:91B22610-F2C9-4D69-AA7D-0E9A9BA31D93.jpeg
Thank you for the easy answer to my own question of what to listless to tonight. It actually is a best choice with something I am working with.

Attachments

• IMG_8131.jpeg
    IMG_8131.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Aug 7, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #62,120 of 66,744
Aug 8, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #62,121 of 66,744
GH2 looks at best for me, how sound it?
Compared to RS-2X?

Aug 8, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #62,122 of 66,744
I received the ‘larger’ Nyczaj Audio gimbal assemblies - made for the Grado Statement series headphones - and installed them on the Professional Series 2000e. Greater control, firmer grip on the gimbal rods, less extraneous vibration. Given the weight of the PS2000e earcups, all this is important: ==> even clearer, more focused sound. [Note the two ‘allen screw’ gimbal rod ports per block.]
Thank you for the easy answer to my own question of what to listless to tonight. It actually is a best choice with something I am working with.
One of my favorite looking Grados.

Aug 8, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #62,123 of 66,744
Unfortunately, I'm now stepping away from Grado products. ... Contacted Grado for an explanation and to express my disappointment, no reply. Severely gutted. And in all truth, you get 90% of the sound from the SR80 as you would say the GS3000x. Tiny, incremental upgrades that really aren't worth the exorbitant jump in price. I'd advise people to keep their money in their pockets and not to upgrade. ...The KPH40 for the fraction of the price of the SR80 still astounds me. One of the best price to performance... Screw it. One of the best headphones I've heard in my life. ...I love the GH2. But is it worth £400 more than the SR80? Hell no. ... their higher end products really aren't and never will be worth their asking prices.
Haven't posted here in a while. I cut your quote a bit short to reply to some of the points.

• Grado not replying is curt New York City service and attitude. There are hundreds of pizzerias in NYC. Don't like what they serve? They're not going to kiss your ass. Same will apply here. I believe their contact e-mail is run by one person and they probably get many e-mails per day. They won't waste time on your complaint because you've already made your choice to move on.
  • I'm surprised you didn't hear a huge difference with the GS3000x. When I first tried it I was taken aback at how much more bass slam it had than any of my own Grados including the GS3000e, as noted in my Grado X-Series review.
  • I feel the KSC35 is Koss' best headphone instead of the KPH40. Actually, I think the KSC35 beats all of the plastic Grados, and the Hemp, as I don't care too much for the Hemp. But other than portability, I'm not taking it over my GH4 or GS3000e. Is the improvement marginal? Maybe for short listening sessions. But for long multi-hour sessions, and hundreds of hours in a month, I appreciate the more complete sound of my wooden Grados.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #62,124 of 66,744
Haven't posted here in a while. I cut your quote a bit short to reply to some of the points.

• Grado not replying is curt New York City service and attitude. There are hundreds of pizzerias in NYC. Don't like what they serve? They're not going to kiss your ass. Same will apply here. I believe their contact e-mail is run by one person and they probably get many e-mails per day. They won't waste time on your complaint because you've already made your choice to move on.
  • I'm surprised you didn't hear a huge difference with the GS3000x. When I first tried it I was taken aback at how much more bass slam it had than any of my own Grados including the GS3000e, as noted in my Grado X-Series review.
  • I feel the KSC35 is Koss' best headphone instead of the KPH40. Actually, I think the KSC35 beats all of the plastic Grados, and the Hemp, as I don't care too much for the Hemp. But other than portability, I'm not taking it over my GH4 or GS3000e. Is the improvement marginal? Maybe for short listening sessions. But for long multi-hour sessions, and hundreds of hours in a month, I appreciate the more complete sound of my wooden Grados.
KSC35 huh? Never have I heard a lossy signal sound as good as lossless or redbook cd. I hear a pretty big difference using aac 256kbps to lossless on my kph40. So I would think this would be a deciding factor in choosing the ksc35 for me. Actually I am thinking about getting a new headphone with a longer cable than my kph40. I have a decent headphone extension cable but it lessens the sound quality of them to a surprising degree. I am thinking of just going with akg k371 for the better supposedly comfort and my hemps are starting to fall apart. I wear my headphones all day and some days the hemp don’t cut it for me with all day comfort. But do sound substantially better than my kph40 with a couple styles of music at least for me. Kph40 a lot closer to hemps with electronic and pop. For me anyways.
However… wireless I still do respect so I can roam around my apartment not worry about any dangling wires. And I have heard some pretty good sounding wireless models and actually think some sound better than their wired models while using lossy music only. But you have my interest in ksc35. I may pick up both that one and ksc75.

Edit: Actually I am ruling out the KSC35.. no option for yaxi pad then no buy! However may still get the ksc75..

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #62,125 of 66,744
KSC35 huh? Never have I heard a lossy signal sound as good as lossless or redbook cd. I hear a pretty big difference using aac 256kbps to lossless on my kph40. So I would think this would be a deciding factor in choosing the ksc35 for me. Actually I am thinking about getting a new headphone with a longer cable than my kph40. I have a decent headphone extension cable but it lessens the sound quality of them to a surprising degree. I am thinking of just going with akg k371 for the better supposedly comfort and my hemps are starting to fall apart. I wear my headphones all day and some days the hemp don’t cut it for me with all day comfort. But do sound substantially better than my kph40 with a couple styles of music at least for me. Kph40 a lot closer to hemps with electronic and pop. For me anyways.
However… wireless I still do respect so I can roam around my apartment not worry about any dangling wires. And I have heard some pretty good sounding wireless models and actually think some sound better than their wired models while using lossy music only. But you have my interest in ksc35. I may pick up both that one and ksc75.

Edit: Actually I am ruling out the KSC35.. no option for yaxi pad then no buy! However may still get the ksc75..
I (just) tried it, I own both the KSC35 and KSC75, and there's no issue putting KSC75-compatible Yaxi pads on the KSC35.

However, the KSC35 have really uncomfortable stock earclips, so I did swap in a set of KSC75 clips.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #62,127 of 66,744

I certainly agree with your assessment of the GS3000x. Of my Grados that one along with the PS2000e, Signature HP1000/HP2 and Vintage button RS1 are my favorites and should all remain keepers in my collection.

Sorry to hear that you were not getting responses. Was that from Grado Labs or Fouryourears? None of my retail customers from the past nor I had any issues at all with their customer service over the course of many years.

Aug 8, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #62,129 of 66,744
Nice! Are the clips easily swappable?
Yeah, they clip to the driver body in the same way. Each can be removed by gently pulling, and attached by aligning and pushing gently until it clicks. The KSC75 clips seem a little loose/wiggly by comparison, but they stay put when worn, and feel miles better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back