Grado Fan Club!
Mar 9, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #59,251 of 66,744
Carboncopy is correct. The GS3000x is only 28 grams (1 ounce) heavier than the GS3000e. Both are equally comfortable.
And the headbands for both are deeper, front-to-back, than those for Prestige Series and for Reference Series: better weight distribution across top of head.

Mar 9, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #59,252 of 66,744
I've always been afraid to do a deep clean on my pads. I just wipe with a damp cloth occasionally. Thanks for testing it out for me! I may try it today.
Plus, the cushions smell nice!

Mar 10, 2023 at 2:57 AM Post #59,253 of 66,744
The GS3000x is only 28 grams (1 ounce) heavier than the GS3000e
That's incorrect. I weighed some of the models at Toronto AudioFest while lifting the cable to minimize the effect of that on the weight. Left to right: GS3000e, GS3000x, PS2000e. Unfortunately I forgot to weigh the GS1000x, but it was significantly lighter than the GS3000e, so I'd estimate it at 250-270g. Also just took a pic of the GH4 with the G pads, which is only 190g. Assume that the Hemp/RS2x is similar to that, though the GH4 has a slightly larger cup. The all-metal SR325x with F pads was 275g.

Grado Weight Comparison.jpg

Attachments

• Grado GH4 Weight.jpg
    Grado GH4 Weight.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #59,254 of 66,744
That's incorrect. I weighed some of the models at Toronto AudioFest while lifting the cable to minimize the effect of that on the weight. Left to right: GS3000e, GS3000x, PS2000e. Unfortunately I forgot to weigh the GS1000x, but it was significantly lighter than the GS3000e, so I'd estimate it at 250-270g. Also just took a pic of the GH4 with the G pads, which is only 190g. Assume that the Hemp/RS2x is similar to that, though the GH4 has a slightly larger cup. The all-metal SR325x with F pads was 275g.

Grado Weight Comparison.jpg
I guess I will have to call Grado Labs again to let them know that the difference of 28 grams they stated between the GS3000e and the slightly heavier GS3000x is being called into question.

Mar 10, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #59,255 of 66,744
These are absolutely amazing. My favorite of the 3, despite loving the others also.

What is amazing is that I don't need nothing complicated to enjoy music. I just put back the SMSL in the box and came back to the RU6.

Cheers.
IMG_1536.jpeg
IMG_1535.jpeg
IMG_1537.jpeg

Mar 10, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #59,256 of 66,744
These are absolutely amazing. My favorite of the 3, despite loving the others also.

What is amazing is that I don't need nothing complicated to enjoy music. I just put back the SMSL in the box and came back to the RU6.

Cheers.
IMG_1536.jpegIMG_1535.jpegIMG_1537.jpeg
I'm waiting for a pair of RS2e's to be delivered (my first wooden grado's). While I wait, you don't mind if I stare at your RS1's do you ? :)

Mar 10, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #59,257 of 66,744
Allegedly the Mojo 2 EQ is lossless so it shouldn't matter. But i will give it a try.
Slightly off topic, but you own the 325e & RS2e?
I own the 325e & have the RS2e's on the way.
How would you compare the 2?

Mar 10, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #59,258 of 66,744
Just got the Grado RS-1X in for demo. I’m using my XI AUDIO Formula S and Powerman as amplification. DAC is SW1X DAC 3 balanced.

firstly I’m 38 years old and I don’t have a problem with my hearing. I say this because I’ve heard claims that Grado fans are elderly people who have lost their hearing therefore they don’t hear the sibilance that the headphones exhibit.

My previous headphone was the Abyss 1266 phi TC.

Now these are just early impressions but I don’t hear any sibilance. I hear a very enjoyable sound that has very well defined edges to the notes. This means that I am able to follow the music and instruments within it very easily. The music is very intelligible and I credit that to the headphones as much as the rest of my setup. I don’t care about soundstage because let’s be honest there isn’t soundstage in headphones- if you believe there is proper soundstage in headphones I would urge you to listen to a properly setup 2 channel system. The overall character 1 hour into my listening session is very enjoyable. The bass is on the agile side but it lends to a signature full of PRAT. I guess that’s why I’m enjoying these so far. They have that pace, rhythm and timing that Naim fans such as myself, swear by.

The only reason for this post is to encourage people to go out and listen because I’ve had a negative point of view of grados based on ill-advised nonsense that a lot of these YouTube reviewers have been putting out there. Absolute nonsense and imho they are doing the community a disservice. My faith in reviewers is almost completely lost as it’s not the first time I’ve discovered something like this.

FB51D107-8C00-4DCA-82F4-374E9E1B6AFA.jpeg

Mar 10, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #59,259 of 66,744
Just got the Grado RS-1X in for demo. I’m using my XI AUDIO Formula S and Powerman as amplification. DAC is SW1X DAC 3 balanced.

firstly I’m 38 years old and I don’t have a problem with my hearing. I say this because I’ve heard claims that Grado fans are elderly people who have lost their hearing therefore they don’t hear the sibilance that the headphones exhibit.

My previous headphone was the Abyss 1266 phi TC.

Now these are just early impressions but I don’t hear any sibilance. I hear a very enjoyable sound that has very well defined edges to the notes. This means that I am able to follow the music and instruments within it very easily. The music is very intelligible and I credit that to the headphones as much as the rest of my setup. I don’t care about soundstage because let’s be honest there isn’t soundstage in headphones- if you believe there is proper soundstage in headphones I would urge you to listen to a properly setup 2 channel system. The overall character 1 hour into my listening session is very enjoyable. The bass is on the agile side but it lends to a signature full of PRAT. I guess that’s why I’m enjoying these so far. They have that pace, rhythm and timing that Naim fans such as myself, swear by.

The only reason for this post is to encourage people to go out and listen because I’ve had a negative point of view of grados based on ill-advised nonsense that a lot of these YouTube reviewers have been putting out there. Absolute nonsense and imho they are doing the community a disservice. My faith in reviewers is almost completely lost as it’s not the first time I’ve discovered something like this.

But the fr graph does not match the holy harmon curve. Therefore your ears are lying to you !

ps, parody. I love the grado sound & worry that many of the reviewers do little other than paw over fr graphs all day long.

pps I have just watched Resolve's live review of the Rs2e & Rs1e. It would have been a much shorter youtube video without his graphs.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #59,260 of 66,744
R
But the fr graph does not match the holy harmon curve. Therefore your ears are lying to you !

ps, parody. I love the grado sound & worry that many of the reviewers do little other than paw over fr graphs all day long.

pps I have just watched Resolve's live review of the Rs2e & Rs1e. It would have been a much shorter youtube video without his graphs.
Resolve, golden ears, Joshua Valour to name a few should spend more time listening and less time reading graphs.

Steve Guttenburgh, Sean from zero fidelity and Darko are the only guys I can watch as of late. I appreciate their honesty even though their taste may differ from mine, they always provide good information and not graphs and don’t spout nonsense.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #59,261 of 66,744
R

Resolve, golden ears, Joshua Valour to name a few should spend more time listening and less time reading graphs.

Steve Guttenburgh, Sean from zero fidelity and Darko are the only guys I can watch as of late. I appreciate their honesty even though their taste may differ from mine, they always provide information and not graphs and don’t spout nonsense.
I also respect "Passion for Sound" (?), the Aussie reviewer.
And he hated the RSe1. But not a graph in sight.

Mar 10, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #59,262 of 66,744

Cheers.
Welcome to the Button Club! 😉
Congrats on your beautiful new (vintage) headphones.

Mar 10, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #59,263 of 66,744
Gotta love them influencers.

Sorry that it took you so long to find Grado. Now that you are here...welcome.

Mar 11, 2023 at 12:36 AM Post #59,264 of 66,744

Cheers.
IMG_1536.jpegIMG_1535.jpegIMG_1537.jpeg
I am so very glad to hear it, Congratulations, they are a special model indeed. Did you get any backstory?

Joe G

Mar 11, 2023 at 3:11 AM Post #59,265 of 66,744
Slightly off topic, but you own the 325e & RS2e?
I own the 325e & have the RS2e's on the way.
How would you compare the 2?
For me the RS2e is the better 325e. More bass, smoother treble, better looks.

The only thing the 325e is slightly better at is the sparkling treble in some songs. But sparkling can become annoying very quickly so the RS2e is the better package. For me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back