Grado e Series
Dec 15, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #2,806 of 6,729
I don't feel that way. I feel im doing them disservice if not used so much by anybody. I feel that way about things. Not much of a collector. I guess I'm a user...
biggrin.gif
...but in a good way...
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm not a collector either, and do feel like you feel sometimes if somethings not being used, but after hearing the GSe I won't let any of my (i) series go because one day I may not be able to replace them. 
smile.gif

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #2,807 of 6,729
Reading the posts above I'm starting to feel regrets for pulling the trigger on the 325e... I do miss my old 325is, and the 325e got such rave reviews... 
But then I'm not sure if my 325e is burnt-in yet. They sound much smoother than when I bought them (used) last month when they were barely 1 month old.

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #2,808 of 6,729
  The RS1i's IMO are just simply amazing sound quality…especially when paired with the right tube amp.
I wouldn't even consider selling either my RS1i/PS1K now that found great synergy for both, and after hearing the GSe. After all, I may have had intentions of selling one or the other or just keeping the GSe also if I liked them and/or they surpassed the sound quality of either…but not to me. Real glad I got to find out for myself!!!

+2

Dec 16, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #2,811 of 6,729

I'm sure you can find a used RS1i in mint condition, or possibly even a NOS RS1i.
I barley use my 80i's, I can't even tell you the last time I used them, but I will never sell them.

I don't feel that way. I feel im doing them disservice if not used so much by anybody. I feel that way about things. Not much of a collector. I guess I'm a user...
biggrin.gif
...but in a good way...
smily_headphones1.gif

I felt the same way when I sold mine....like someone should be enjoying these fine cans.  
smile.gif

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #2,812 of 6,729
biggrin.gif
...but in a good way...
smily_headphones1.gif

I felt the same way when I sold mine....like someone should be enjoying these fine cans.  
smile.gif

ditto, and i had the good fortune to sell mine to one of our guys, markm1, so i know the rs1i's have a good home !

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #2,813 of 6,729

biggrin.gif
...but in a good way...
smily_headphones1.gif

smile.gif

ditto, and i had the good fortune to sell mine to one of our guys, markm1, so i know the rs1i's have a good home !

Yeah, me too.....LMS bought mine.

Dec 16, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #2,814 of 6,729
Tried some new Grados this week. I had a home demo on the RS1e, 225e and 325e. Previously had RS1i and GS1000i. 

225e I found a little 'scratchy' and hard on the ears. Good value, but not for me.

The 325e are very good indeed. More balanced and warmer than previous Grados I had tried, but still with loads of detail. I'm still finding them a little tiring on certain tracks, but I'm impressed overall. 

The RS1e are a bit of a joke to me, I just can't understand how they sound so bad. They sound like speakers with blown tweeters. They are also incredibly uncomfortable having the speaker on your ear. I do wonder whether they're broken, I just don't get how you could go from the excellent RS1i to the new model. Bizarre. 

I'm due to try the PS500e in the next few days, but for now the 325e is possibly the best Grado I have tried to date. It's on par, if not better, than a previous RS1i, and I disliked the GS1000i as it was way too bright and had little in the mids. Haven't heard any of the PS range yet. Whilst the PS1000e are tempting, they're just going to be too big and heavy, and I had the same problem with Audeze. Big, heavy headphones are no fun, no matter how good they sound. 

So, along with my HD800, the 325e (or PS500e if they're better) may be taking residence. 

Dec 16, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #2,815 of 6,729

I saw a WTB ad in a local forum with price range exactly for how much I'm selling the SR325is at that time (US$300 IIRC). Upon contacting him, this fine young gentleman keeps on mentioning the RS1i that he listened to. First he's gonna get the SR325is, then a bit later he's dreaming again and saving for the RS1i. The Samaritan in me decided to give him the RS1i for the same sum (I'm selling it for US$500). Noooo!...that's a once in a lifetime occurrence..:D

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #2,816 of 6,729
  Tried some new Grados this week. I had a home demo on the RS1e, 225e and 325e. Previously had RS1i and GS1000i. 

225e I found a little 'scratchy' and hard on the ears. Good value, but not for me.

The 325e are very good indeed. More balanced and warmer than previous Grados I had tried, but still with loads of detail. I'm still finding them a little tiring on certain tracks, but I'm impressed overall. 

The RS1e are a bit of a joke to me, I just can't understand how they sound so bad. They sound like speakers with blown tweeters. They are also incredibly uncomfortable having the speaker on your ear. I do wonder whether they're broken, I just don't get how you could go from the excellent RS1i to the new model. Bizarre. 

I'm due to try the PS500e in the next few days, but for now the 325e is possibly the best Grado I have tried to date. It's on par, if not better, than a previous RS1i, and I disliked the GS1000i as it was way too bright and had little in the mids. Haven't heard any of the PS range yet. Whilst the PS1000e are tempting, they're just going to be too big and heavy, and I had the same problem with Audeze. Big, heavy headphones are no fun, no matter how good they sound. 

So, along with my HD800, the 325e (or PS500e if they're better) may be taking residence. 

I find the SR225e a bit scratchy as well. I bought a Violectric amp V200 (for AKG K501) hope it helps tame the Grado a bit..

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #2,817 of 6,729

》I bought this 225e to add my grado collection. And i agree with you about the sound.

》I also agree with you on this too :D. I think 325e is very good for the price and suit my taste very alright. But on certain tracks..i also found they can be a bit tiring. Too bad my unit, 325e and ps500e got dents on the surface housing. I returned them for replacement with a new one. I love em both..but still prefer 325e.

》again..200% my impression mirrors to yours. I dont have any idea why they tuned the sound that way (rs1e and mspro-e). "Bizarre" might be the right word! LOL! But i do believe some people might like it. I had it both with me for weeks. I tried so hard to like em. But i just can't. For those who loves Grado purity...i think they gonna hate em. Just a thought.

》 i have both..the big cups..ps1ke and gs1ke..gs1ke are so light. And very comfy on my head. The ps1ke is heavier..but the clamping is softer..and if i didn't move my head much..i feel like ps1ke is more comfy than gs1ke on my head. They are heavy..but nothing like LCD heavy. And to me, they are MUCH more comfy than LCD. For SQ....ps1000e is my favorite. Gs1000e is my 2nd best. And 325e is my 3rd.

》 i hope you will enjoy your next Grado. :)

Good luck. Cheers!

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #2,819 of 6,729
muzic4life said:

》I bought this 225e to add my grado collection. And i agree with you about the sound.

Did you feel the 225e brighter and more fatigue than 325e? I'm surprised about that. I though 225 line was warmer than 325 ones. I'm receiving my 225e tomorrow, hope I like them.

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #2,820 of 6,729

I find the SR225e a bit scratchy as well. I bought a Violectric amp V200 (for AKG K501) hope it helps tame the Grado a bit..

I recall reading somewhere all plastic cups Grados will have ringing around 2kHz... Perhaps that's the reason for the scratchy sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back