Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
Jul 19, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #721 of 771

Always great to experiment, I keep swapping between G and L cush pads on my Grados. There are certain genres of music that sound better with G or L cush pads, just swapped to L cush pads on my GH1 and rocking to some R&B.

I'm too lazy to swap earpads, based on the music style I want to listen to, so I swap headphones instead.
wink.gif

Jul 19, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #723 of 771

Yep done that too, depending on what I'm listening to or what set I plan on listening to.

It's nice to see I'm not the only one who does that.
beerchug.gif

I just finished watching Mika's ''Live In Paris'' concert, and this time, the Bushmills/G got the nod.

To be honest, the PS1000, or the GH-1/G probably would've done this bass heavy concert, better justice.

Still, given the fact that the Bushmills came with S-cush, they did a pretty good job with Mika's little gem of a concert.

Jul 21, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #724 of 771
I spent an evening testing pads on the Bushmills again and I think I've settled on the yellow Sennheisers as my favourite, though I can't stop wondering what a genuine pair of G-Cush might sound like. I'll put them on my Christmas list.

Nov 9, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #728 of 771
And they've all gone. Not sure what a few dozen pairs really means but whatever they did have has been sold.

Based on the way this model flies off the shelf, albeit in a limited stock scenario, you would think that Grado might consider releasing either more of this model (or at least a close variant) on a permanent basis.

Nov 10, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #729 of 771
Apparently, there are a couple pairs of these cans in stock again.  At least, I could add two pairs to my cart for checkout.  Not sure if there is some sort of limitation size on orders.  By the way, I was told by giving them a call that they were original old stock and not newly produced.

I was extremely tempted to purchase a pair but I have already put my eggs in the ZMF Eikon basket and own a pair of Grados.

http://www.4ourears.net/Grado_Bushmills_p/4e-bushmills.htm

Nov 10, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #730 of 771
Thank you so much for the information, I believe I was able to snatch the last one.  I tried adding more in cart but it states unavailable.

I've been wanting bushmills for quite a while but due to crazy used price, I was left out.  Again, thank you for the information :)

Nov 10, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #732 of 771
Mine are with FedEx for delivery in the AM.

Based on the prices these things were getting ebay maybe I should leave them new in box and wait a couple of months.

That plan will probably last about 2 minutes after the box gets here as I rip them open like a rabid kid on xmas morning and slap them on my head.

I missed out on these the first time and ordered this pair on Tuesday morning right after receiving the email.  I'm curious what the backstory is on these.  How do you find a "couple dozen" of a limited edition product that years ago sold out immediately?

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #733 of 771
Thank you so much for the information, I believe I was able to snatch the last one.  I tried adding more in cart but it states unavailable.

I've been wanting bushmills for quite a while but due to crazy used price, I was left out.  Again, thank you for the information :)

Your ears are in for a special treat - wonderful tuneful bass and vocals so real you'll be checking behind you.

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #734 of 771
  I missed this one again, but I was able to grab GH-1 when it was available. 

I got my Bushmills today and I have to say I by far prefer my GH-1s.

I think the bass on the GH-1 has both better extension and impact and the detail in the upper mids is much better.  The soundstage is more to my liking, also.

I tried the Bushmills with the stock S, quarter modded S, and L.  I think the L was best (also mostly prefer L on the GH1, but sometimes use G).

There's actually nothing about the Bushmills that would make me want to use them over the GH-1, so I think I'm going to get rid of them.

Nov 12, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #735 of 771
I got my Bushmills today and I have to say I by far prefer my GH-1s.

I think the bass on the GH-1 has both better extension and impact and the detail in the upper mids is much better.  The soundstage is more to my liking, also.

I tried the Bushmills with the stock S, quarter modded S, and L.  I think the L was best (also mostly prefer L on the GH1, but sometimes use G).

There's actually nothing about the Bushmills that would make me want to use them over the GH-1, so I think I'm going to get rid of them.

I, too, prefer my GH1s to my Bushmills, but as a collector of Grado headphones, I could not live without my Bushmills.

Another advantage of the Bushmills is that they use the flat pads, which at least some Grado listeners find more comfortable than the L bowls or G Cush. The best of the "stock" Grados that use the flats is the SR125e, and the wood and semi-closed nature of the Bushmills may give a more preferable sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back