Grado BASSHEAD Mod....
Jun 4, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #286 of 290
Just got a pair of 325is and 325e. I've only put some temp scotch tape on the 325e and holy screw. I played Pearl Jam's Alive (You know that intro when the Bass kicks in)

I could hear REAL sub bass compared to control bass . I'll post more details and pics later but initial impressions are great.

Jun 4, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #287 of 290
I know what you mean. The difference is night and day. Whoever says Grado cannot produce bass should just do this simple trick.

Even though I generally like bass, i found the bass produced with this mod is a bit too "dirty" and have since reverted back to the original pad.

Aug 30, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #288 of 290
Oh, I really was impressed by the change of this mod. But after a while I noticed a cuppy sound in the mids and a muddiness in the baritone voices, which became too chesty. It's a no go for the ms1. Today I will try the cable velcro straps mod, a more easy and less invasive way to contain the bass inside the cup.

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #290 of 290
1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

It's all about trail and error to get the right sound. I initially had tape all around the foam and it was too much. The mids and highs did take a hit so I then I experimented on how far around the tape should go until I got the sound I was looking for. Pic 2 shows the gap left untouched.

Now the bass if perfect (for me). Basslines are lush and thick, I can "feel" the kickdrums now all without sacrificing mids and highs. It would have been too muddy and bassy if I went all around with the silicone.

Absolutely love these headphones more than models that cost 3 to 4 times more. This mod is on the 325e, so your model may act differently.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back