GR07 - Tips Thread
Aug 12, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #318 of 349
  Did I miss something?  Are there Comply tips that work perfectly with these yet?  

No. Comply says they are working on something, but to maximize their profits they would need more IEMs to use the same size and there are just not enough. Espcially when the GR07 is getting some age on the design and on the downward slope.

I still say these are the closest ones to the included foam tips and have tighter cell foam that is softer and more comfortable than any Comply tips I have used:

http://penonaudio.com/VSONIC-Soft-Foam-EarTips

Aug 12, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #319 of 349
Does anyone know the diameter of the GR07 nozzle?  I'm looking for some replacement tips for the Sony MH1C and it seems to be a person size (~3.9mm) also.  I'm hoping there are some solutions here that might work.

Aug 16, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #320 of 349

I still say these are the closest ones to the included foam tips and have tighter cell foam that is softer and more comfortable than any Comply tips I have used:

http://penonaudio.com/VSONIC-Soft-Foam-EarTips

The black tips on that website look identical to the ones that came with the AN16 (which fit the GR07 as well).
Compared to the grey foams, they are definitely more comfortable. The bore is slightly larger at the bottom and "clicks" into place on the bottom ring on the nozzle. Diameter is slightly less than the greys; length is the same.

Sep 3, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #321 of 349

The black tips on that website look identical to the ones that came with the AN16 (which fit the GR07 as well).
Compared to the grey foams, they are definitely more comfortable. The bore is slightly larger at the bottom and "clicks" into place on the bottom ring on the nozzle. Diameter is slightly less than the greys; length is the same.

After almost 3 weeks of shipping, I can 100% confirm that both the grey and black foam tips sold by Penon Audio are the exact ones shipped with the GR07's; too bad my GR07's pooped out yesterday :frowning2:

Sep 4, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #322 of 349

After almost 3 weeks of shipping, I can 100% confirm that both the grey and black foam tips sold by Penon Audio are the exact ones shipped with the GR07's; too bad my GR07's pooped out yesterday :frowning2:

that kind of defeats the purpose... which gr07s did you get? the BE?

i love my pair =0

Sep 7, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #323 of 349
  I had a set of RHA double flange silicon tips (http://www.rha-audio.com/uk/accessories/double-flange-ear-tips-medium.html) hanging around home so thought I'd try them on the GR07's on the off chance. They fit! Had them on for the past 2 weeks and find them very comfortable - don't slip off, well sealed and sound great. If anything I think they help seat the GR07's in the "well" of my ear a lot better than the foam tips and are much more comfortable for extended periods of listening. Fit is very much an individual thing but I think I've solved all the issues I had with my GR07's and am looking forward to a lot more usage of these great in-ears. If anyone is interested I'll put up some photos.
Cheers

Are they near the size of the Vsonic's bundled double flange? If they are, I think I'm gonna get them small size.
I don't get a good fit with any of the included tips, the large oval being the only one that seals, but slips out as soon as I stop pressing them into my ears. I think I should try a double flange, as I have some small tri flange ear plugs, cut down to double flange, and they fit my ears quite well. RHA's double flanges are expensive, it wouldn't be nice to pay 25 bucks on a bunch of them only to find that they don't fit my ears too. Does anyone have a pair left to sell me for a nice price? Could be any double flange, smaller than the bundled ones as they doesn't fit my ear.

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #324 of 349
Oct 5, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #325 of 349

Personally, I feel the grey tips are much better than the blacks because they fit 'correctly'.  The only way the blacks fit is if they're pushed down all the way and cover the entire nozzle.  No other tips fit like this, and it's more likely to create a problem for people who don't want the housing rubbing against their ear.  My GR07s came with the grey pair only.  I received the black pair with my VSD5s

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #327 of 349
Just got my GR07s in so forgive me for lack of knowledge for what tips I should be looking for.

The foams are definitely the most comfortable for me, but I feel like they lack in sound compared to the silicone tips. The medium single flange silicone tips fit me best, but they still feel slightly small. The large ones are definitely too big. 

Are there any silicone tips slightly larger than the medium tips that I could use? 

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #328 of 349
  Just got my GR07s in so forgive me for lack of knowledge for what tips I should be looking for.

The foams are definitely the most comfortable for me, but I feel like they lack in sound compared to the silicone tips. The medium single flange silicone tips fit me best, but they still feel slightly small. The large ones are definitely too big. 

Are there any silicone tips slightly larger than the medium tips that I could use? 

I'm getting very good results with the Phonak silicone tips: http://www.earphonesolutions.com/audeo-silicone-tips.html

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #329 of 349

Try the Sony tips. The come in many sizes

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RB24UA

How to the foam tips lack in sound? I found the foam tips at the fullest and truer sound. The stock silicone tips sounded brighter and the hi-mids more splashy - unnatural. I could wear the foam tips on my Classics all day in comfort and sound.

Oct 21, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #330 of 349
  I'm getting very good results with the Phonak silicone tips: http://www.earphonesolutions.com/audeo-silicone-tips.html

Funny that I was considering Phonak headphones before I went for the GR07 purchase. I'll check them out, only downside is cost to Canada after conversion/shipping, kind of pricey for tips.

Try the Sony tips. The come in many sizes

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RB24UA

How to the foam tips lack in sound? I found the foam tips at the fullest and truer sound. The stock silicone tips sounded brighter and the hi-mids more splashy - unnatural. I could wear the foam tips on my Classics all day in comfort and sound.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's probably a fit issue with the stock foam tips. Because I find they are lacking in bass/detail compared to the silicone tips, the problem is probably that they don't insert deep enough for me. I tried multiple times to compress them as much as I could and insert them for a better fit but I had the same result each time. I'll give them another go but I'll have to start going through this thread for foam alternatives. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back