GR07 - Tips Thread
Oct 21, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #331 of 349
Thanks for the suggestion. It's probably a fit issue with the stock foam tips. Because I find they are lacking in bass/detail compared to the silicone tips, the problem is probably that they don't insert deep enough for me. I tried multiple times to compress them as much as I could and insert them for a better fit but I had the same result each time. I'll give them another go but I'll have to start going through this thread for foam alternatives. 

I found the best way to get them in is to hook the wire around your pinnea, then roll really hard on the foam between your fingers, then quickly shove in and up and hold your finger on the outer part of the earphone for 5 seconds or more.

You see, the foam is so soft and smooth, when it expands it pushes the earphone out a bit. Holding in a few seconds will allow the foam to create a better seal. It will be strange at first because you will think you are pushing in too hard since it will sound like you are putting your fingers in you ear and closing off the nozzle, but once you release it should quickly sound more "open", but with a better seal.

Due note the BEs to most will still sound bass shy. The Classics have better low end and sound more balanced, but give up a bit of clarity, so it's a trade off.

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #332 of 349
Trying to get foams for my GR07 BE. I really like the TS500 round size on my other IEM's, and I had an old set of T400's that, like most said, fit all the way to the end. So I asked Comply and they have a T150?! It's on their site, but seems to only be found by searching google or getting the link provided. I think they only sell direct and aren't in any other e-tailer yet. They only come in medium though, and I'm looking for the TS shape not T. But some of you may try it. I believe the Senheisser Momentum In-Ear guys can confirm the fit which has a similar size and shape.

"Hello Jimmy, 
Thanks for the  message about our Comply foam tips!
Our engineers have tested the VSonic GR07 earphone and it is not compatible with our standard tips because the soundport is a unique design. If you’re desperate, you could try our T-150 product: http://www.complyfoam.com/products/T-150/
This tip has a unique size that fits earphones within a certain range. The GR07 fits within this range, but we haven’t tested it to see if it fits perfectly.
Hopefully that helps you make a better decision!
Best regards,
Gary" - from Comply

Just putting it out there, but I'm gonna try the TS100 first.

Nov 2, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #333 of 349
"I'll have to start going through this thread for foam alternatives." ->
Here you go:

Quote:
  Another option is to spend 8 USD to get these 4 original pairs. More colors and more value. The black one has larger hole and therefore tames the bass a bit.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VSONIC-In-ear-Noise-isolating-Foam-Eartips-for-Inner-ear-Earphones-4-pairs-For-VSD1-VSD1S/32319355817.html

Received them (as described) within 10 days in France. Really happy as my old foams were getting dirty :)

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #334 of 349
  Trying to get foams for my GR07 BE. I really like the TS500 round size on my other IEM's, and I had an old set of T400's that, like most said, fit all the way to the end. So I asked Comply and they have a T150?! It's on their site, but seems to only be found by searching google or getting the link provided. I think they only sell direct and aren't in any other e-tailer yet. They only come in medium though, and I'm looking for the TS shape not T. But some of you may try it. I believe the Senheisser Momentum In-Ear guys can confirm the fit which has a similar size and shape.

"Hello Jimmy, 
Our engineers have tested the VSonic GR07 earphone and it is not compatible with our standard tips because the soundport is a unique design. If you’re desperate, you could try our T-150 product: http://www.complyfoam.com/products/T-150/
This tip has a unique size that fits earphones within a certain range. The GR07 fits within this range, but we haven’t tested it to see if it fits perfectly.
Best regards,
Gary" - from Comply

Just remember to expand the TS100 using the tip of a pen/pencil before putting it on. My nozzles are very loose now because of not doing so. But the most important thing is that it tamed the treble, which was a good thing for me, as I felt that with the default tips I felt that they were sibilant.

Nov 23, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #335 of 349

"Hello Jimmy, 
Best regards,
Gary" - from Comply

Try these:  
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331671578252?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Nov 28, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #336 of 349

Just remember to expand the TS100 using the tip of a pen/pencil before putting it on. My nozzles are very loose now because of not doing so. But the most important thing is that it tamed the treble, which was a good thing for me, as I felt that with the default tips I felt that they were sibilant.

Update: The Comply T100 series color the sound a lot, and as quoted above, putting it on presents some risks. The foam tips supplied with the GR07 also tame the treble peaks but more importantly maintain the overall SQ. Those wanting more of the foam tips should look at Penon Audio's website: http://penonaudio.com/VSONIC-Soft-Foam-EarTips

Here is a list of the more useful tips for those who don't want to read the 20+ pages (let me know if I've missed any important tip):
1) Supplied foam tips - fit the nozzle as well as my ears the best, with minimal effect on sound quality.
2) Supplied silicone oval tips - more bass oomph, more treble, open and crisp compare to the supplied foams (too sibilant for me, YMMV)
3) Sony Hybrids w or w/o foam stuffing, - haven't tried, gets the maximum praise in this thread. May have a similar sound signature to the supplied silicone oval tips with possible better seal, isolation and comfort.
4) Comply 200 series - haven't tried, will slip out and may sound similar to the supplied foam tips.
5) Comply 400 series + use the core from the supplied tips as a sleeve over the IEM's nozzle (may have to cut the core shorter to just cover the nozzle) - haven't tried this.
6) Comply 400/500 series pushed all the way down over the second larger ring in the nozzle (Although, suggested here time and again, when I tried this, it emphasized the mids and the highs so much so that it took the fun away from the low frequencies. YMMV)
7) Meelec large Triple flanges - haven't tried, gets a lot of praise here.
8) Jays silicone - don't know which one.
9) Jays Foam tips - haven't tried.
10) http://rinchoi.blogspot.in/2012/10/the-effect-of-ear-sleeves-vsonic-gr07.html -- this might be useful.

P.S: For those like me who are just venturing into hi-fi, I suggest that whenever you're trying out different tips, give a lot of time (a couple of weeks) before you make any conclusions.

Jan 11, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #337 of 349
Good news for Comply foam eartips fans!

This afternoon I asked Comply the following question on their Customer Service page:

"When will you produce an eartip to fit the VSonic GR07? It is one of the best-sounding and most popular IEM's on the market. This is a long-asked question on the preeminent headphone website HeadFi.org (which Comply sponsors) to which an entire thread is dedicated and to which there are no good answers yet. You're missing an opportunity and a market here! Come on Comply!"

Very shortly afterwards I received this response:

"You’re in luck! Our engineers just tested the GR07 and they’ve been passed for compatibility with our 400 core size tips. Just be sure to insert the tip all the way to the sound port shoulder or it will be a loose fit. We will make sure to share this on HeadFi.org soon so everyone knows!

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Gary"

Jan 17, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #338 of 349
Hi,

I've got a pair of GR07's and have had them for 2 years. Recently lost one of the supplied foam tips on them and can't seem to find the other batch either...well, I recall leaving them on an airplane.

Can anyone suggest a link (pref Amazon or eBay) in the UK where I can get foam tips in M or S for these earphones. Otherwise looks like I'll have to bin them and buy some completely new IEM's.

If that is the case, are there any recommendations on what an upgrade from the GR07's would be classed as? I'm looking at the Fidue A83, though the pricepoint is a little high and I couldn't find a whole load of detail on how much better they are to the GR07. Ideally I don't want to upgrade, but if I do it's going to be a decent upgrade to what is considered the next up in the market in terms of variety of music played and slightly higher in bass.

Thanks alot

Jan 17, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #339 of 349
Hi,

I've got a pair of GR07's and have had them for 2 years. Recently lost one of the supplied foam tips on them and can't seem to find the other batch either...well, I recall leaving them on an airplane.

Can anyone suggest a link (pref Amazon or eBay) in the UK where I can get foam tips in M or S for these earphones. Otherwise looks like I'll have to bin them and buy some completely new IEM's.

If that is the case, are there any recommendations on what an upgrade from the GR07's would be classed as? I'm looking at the Fidue A83, though the pricepoint is a little high and I couldn't find a whole load of detail on how much better they are to the GR07. Ideally I don't want to upgrade, but if I do it's going to be a decent upgrade to what is considered the next up in the market in terms of variety of music played and slightly higher in bass.

Thanks alot

The following seller has an ebay shop too,but ordering from his ebay shop doesnt make a difference.......surprised to see you been using just the supplied pair of stock foamies past 2 years.

http://penonaudio.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=vsonic%20eartips

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #340 of 349
BIG NEWS FOR ALL GR07 USERS!

The engineers at Comply retested the GR07 recently and we found that the 400 core size tips are compatible! As long as the core is installed all the way past the shoulder, the 400 core will stay on very well.

If you're interested in getting some for your GR07s, feel free to follow this link:
http://www.complyfoam.com/gr07/

Reply to this message if you have any questions for us.

-Comply Team

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #341 of 349
It's been a while since someone posted in this thread. GR 07 (Classic in my case) remains superb value for money. I've nothing in my collection that surpasses these earphones in musicality. After much experimenting with tips I must say the best tips for GR 07 are the single flange stock tips. They sound the most natural to me. I even use them with other earphones to great effect. Does anyone know where I can buy more of the large single flange stock tips without having to buy a full set? Thanks in advance.

May 6, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #343 of 349
Try these.  
wink_face.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Memory-Foam-Eartips-For-3-5mm-nozzle-Vsonic-GR07-MANDARINES-3-5-/331671578252?

May 12, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #344 of 349
May 14, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #345 of 349
Unfortunately I dislike foam eartips, at least those I used up till now. So I'll probably stick to silicone tips. Thanks anyway for the suggestions. I'll keep on looking for the perfect tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back