GR07 - Tips Thread
Sep 15, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #242 of 349
OMG! Who ever suggested to try out the MH1 tips, thank you very much.  I just purchased a pair of Gr07 BE and really loved them.  The only complaint I had were the weird treble spikes when I pumped up the music.  These tips just do wonders for the treble and the overall sound as well.  Thanks again head fi.

Oct 12, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #248 of 349
Anyone knows if any company makes custom sleeves for the GR07?

Oct 13, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #249 of 349
I just ordered Sony Hybrid Tips - with the foam core, medium:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005OT3O5A/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2HDSSYMMI8RZF

The Sony product # is EP-EXN50M

Also on Ebay, but shipping is $$$. USD$5 per tip is expensive, but hopefully it will improve the comfort of the GR07's. So I'm hoping the EP-EXN50M will be the holy grail of ear tips! From what I read they are replacement tips for Sony's high end IEM.

The stock tip was uncomfortable (I have the Classic - poor tip selection), Meelectronic 2 flange are much better - in fact good but not perfect. I had extras lying around. 

I am in no way affiliated with this seller and have no idea how this will work out.

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #250 of 349
Thanks, bentheredonetha.

I love the sound of the GR07 MkII but none of the tips I've tried would stay in place, until now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VNB0UC

The Comply P-100's are perfect for me. They stay in place like foam earplugs and sound better than ever thanks to bass transmission and isolation.

I had to stretch the openings a little with a pencil then force them onto the nozzles, but I think it's very unlikely they will accidentally fall off.

Thanks to the Head-Fi community for making a place to share this information and thanks for your persistence in seeking solutions.

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #255 of 349
  I just ordered Sony Hybrid Tips - with the foam core, medium:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005OT3O5A/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2HDSSYMMI8RZF

The Sony product # is EP-EXN50M

Also on Ebay, but shipping is $$$. USD$5 per tip is expensive, but hopefully it will improve the comfort of the GR07's. So I'm hoping the EP-EXN50M will be the holy grail of ear tips! From what I read they are replacement tips for Sony's high end IEM.

The stock tip was uncomfortable (I have the Classic - poor tip selection), Meelectronic 2 flange are much better - in fact good but not perfect. I had extras lying around. 

I am in no way affiliated with this seller and have no idea how this will work out.

It took 3 and a half weeks ... the Sony Hybrid foam tips arrived from Japan. As you can see in the stock photo above, there's foam inside of the silicon shell of the tip. After hours of testing, the GR07 are staying in my ear canals (not falling out)! It may be just my ears, but the stock tips and Meelectronic tips didn't work so well. Success at last!

1. Sound Isolation: Average. I doubt as good as Comply
2. Sound Quality: I don't think the tips change the sound at all.
3. Value: Not cheap, but if they work they are worth it! I recommend these if the other options fail.

There are also Sony Hybrid tips without the foam, more readily available in the US. I didn't try those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back