Got advice, looked around, still confused on what to get
May 10, 2011 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JAG07

New Head-Fier
Ok, after some good advice and a few PMs I have now become more confused because of all the new headphones I have found in my research. I'm looking for closed back since I will be near people. around the ear. This is what I've been trying to decide between
AT A700
AT M50
AKG K 271 MkII
Senn 280

Also looking for a DAC/AMP, I have been looking at 
E7
ibasso D2+ Boa

Advice please. Thanks so much. All the reviews and comments that have brought me to this point have been great. 

Edit: Still in love with the AKG K701. Saw them once and had to find out what they were and what they were like. If I forgo being nice to my neighbors will the above DAC/AMP do these justice?

May 10, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #2 of 5
i got my ATH M50's a couple of weeks ago and i gotta say i love them, and i was thinkin about getting a amp for it to but most people say that they dont really need a amp and sound good by themselves.. go for the m50's 
atsmile.gif

May 10, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #3 of 5
The M50s are a good all-around choice, but JAG07 what types of music do you usually listen to?

May 10, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #4 of 5
I listen to a good range. I'd have to say mainly rock. I do listen to classical and jazz when I study, non-vocal. I listen to a little popular music and popular hip-hop or whatever you want to call it. Right now I'm working with Monster Turbines but want to move to something else.

May 10, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #5 of 5
It sounds like the M50s are a good choice for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back