Good Movie soundtracks and scores.
Jan 6, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #17 of 69
For me I like these soundtracks; Pearl Harbor, The Rock, Broken Arrow, Requiem for a Dream, The Last of the Mohicans, Gladiator, Titanic, and Crimson Tide are ones I can think of right now. 

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #18 of 69
Hi, this is excellent topic. I am also a big fan of soundtracks, so here are my recommendations 

Atli Orvarsson - Babylon AD
Atli Orvarsson - Vintage Point (favorite)
Hans Zimmer - Crimson Tide
Barry Lyndon - Various artists
Jasper Kyd - Hitmans (from all 3 parts of game)

Atli Orvarsson is a composer from Iceland, with style similar to Zimmer's, with big attention for details. These 2 works are a perfect blend of classical and electronic music (also well produced).

hope y'all will like it :)

Jan 8, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #19 of 69
Here's my recommendations (in looking at my collection and picking out a few)....I have plenty more and excluding the obvious scores (ET, Star Wars, LOTR, etc.)

300 - Tyler Bates
Armageddon - Trevor Rabin
Batman Begins - Hans Zimmer
Broken Arrow - Hans Zimmer
Crimson Tide - Hans Zimmer
Gone in Sixty Seconds - Trevor Rabin
Terminator (originals) - Brad Fidel
The Island - Steve Jablonsky
Transformers - Steve Jablonsky
The Rock - Hans Zimmer

Check these artists out too...Jerry Goldsmith (Star Trek, etc.), Danny Elfman (Spiderman, etc.)

Just set my playlist to random and forgot about Philip Glass - The Illusionist (Great movie as well).

here's the one track I like from it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUVKkc69Szw

Jan 8, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #20 of 69
I like the music from the following movies:

Havanna

Braveheart

Titanic

Robinhood, Prince of Thieves

The music from "Havanna", done by Dave Grusin is especially powerful/

Jan 12, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #24 of 69

Quote:
Batman Begins - Hans Zimmer

!+ Also I like the Lion King ST 
cool.gif

Jan 12, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #26 of 69
^ love the music in O Brother Where Art Thou :)

I agree with the Tron: Legacy soundtrack being awesome!!

Just watched The Social Network again and really liked that soundtrack..

Jan 15, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #28 of 69
I like the Tron soundtrack...after another listen, on the Bluegrass thing I'll have to give it a listen never really was into it....but then I said that about MD.

Edit: Dum keyboard. 

Jan 15, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #29 of 69
The O! Brother soundtrack is wonderful - pick up the SACD version if you can find it.

In the same vein, see if you can find the soundtrack to an obscure little movie released in '97 called "Traveler." It's a terrific movie and well worth putting in your Netflix queue, as well. Bill Paxton put the soundtrack together. It's a collection of contemporary country singers covering classic country songs. Jimmie Dale Gilmore knocks off some Lefty Frizzell and the standout is Randy Travis' cover of "King of the Road."

I might take some heat for this, but I think I like Travis' version better than Miller's original. The rest of the disc is well worth listening to, as well. I've had this soundtrack in my rotation for 13 years. It's that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back