Good Movie soundtracks and scores.
Jan 1, 2011 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69

Jrexxx

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys! I've been an electronic dance music listener for at least five years now, but I always like to try new stuff. Recently after watching inception, i fell in love with the track at the end... I did some research and found out that the OST for inseption was done by Hans Zimmer, who, apparently, has done a bunch of scores for some good movies. I got a bunch of them ( Inception, The last Samurai, The Davinci Code) and really liked the way they sound.... Really well done production with a lot of details and stuff... So I was wondering if any of you guys know some good Soundtracks!:D 

Jan 1, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 69
I like the Lord of the Rings soundtracks, Band of Brothers also

The Tron Legacy soundtrack is very popular at the moment, but not my cup of tea

Jan 1, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #6 of 69
Check out the 'Goodbye Stalin" soundtrack, composed by Yann Tiersen. It's just so freaking good, as one would expect from Tiersen, who is one of the best musicians of our time hands down.

Jan 2, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #9 of 69

From "Lost Highway". Also, check out the Blade Runner soundtrack by Vangelis. Pure bliss.

Jan 2, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #10 of 69
Definitely not a soundtrack, but rather a collection of scores, there is a most fantastic album that I love have played countless times. The album is "Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone"
It's basically a collection of Ennio Morricone's famous scores for movies. You'll know them when you hear them. 

As far as soundtracks go, I love the Hedwig and The Angry Inch as well as the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack. The Tommy OST is wonderful too, but I'd better stop before I write a mile long list of amazing soundtracks.

Jan 3, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #12 of 69
Check these OSTs out:

Atonement - Dario Marianelli
The Dark Knight - Hans Zimmer
Lost (The Last Episodes) - Michael Giacchino
Kingdom of Heaven - Harry Gregson Williams
Tron - Daft Punk
Road to Perdition - Thomas Newman

And a couple of videogame ones:

Alan Wake - Petri Alenko
Assassins Creed 2 - Jesper Kyd
Nier - Cavia