Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth?
Apr 2, 2011 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

jonoh248

New Head-Fier
I like fashion and dressing well. And I like goooooood sound too. I find pro headphones all perfect sounding but kinda ugly looking. I also like how fashion headphones look but not how they sound. When will someone merge the two? Or has it been done already?

Apr 2, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #2 of 36
Really depends on your "fashion" sense. A lot of the older-styled headphones (Panasonics and Grados) are very much in fashion right now. At least in New York, vintage English Countryside (Barbour, tweed, etc) are super stylish and vintage Hi-Fi matches perfectly. Heck, look at any J-Crew catalog and tell me that a silver 325i wouldn't match perfectly with the drastically overpriced Belstaff jackets they're selling. 

Quote:
I like fashion and dressing well. And I like goooooood sound too. I find pro headphones all perfect sounding but kinda ugly looking. I also like how fashion headphones look but not how they sound. When will someone merge the two? Or has it been done already?

Apr 2, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #3 of 36
Koss Pro DJ 100, AIAIAI TMA-1. Those are probably my top picks for fashionable headphones.

EDIT: And both sound great.

Apr 2, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #7 of 36
Heck, the ED 8s are one of my favorite looking headphones ever. They just look great...ED 10s too. They just look attractive.

Apr 2, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #8 of 36

What exactly is your style? What brands of things do you wear? I'm really interested in finding a match now.

Quote:

Oooh they sound gooood, look good too but all in black 

Apr 2, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #10 of 36
There is a full range of headphones, from sounding really bad to really good as we all know. Looks are subjective; a pair of phones will look good to someone but bad to someone else. Therefore, there are good looking headphones out there that sound good!

Apr 2, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #11 of 36
Then Dr. Dre Beats might be the only one for you. The definition of 'hip' is to be mainstream, regardless of if the mainstream products are good or not.

Quote:
Let's see I use clothes from H&M, Zara, Uniqlo, i use converse sneakers. Im 24. Maybe Im what some call a hipster.

Apr 2, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #12 of 36
If you like any of the Beyerdynamic DT series you can get them custom colored to your liking with Manufaktor.

Quote:
Let's see I use clothes from H&M, Zara, Uniqlo, i use converse sneakers. Im 24. Maybe Im what some call a hipster.

Apr 2, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #13 of 36

Try the Audio Technica on-ear portables.
ESW9 and ES10, I think.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back