Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 10, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #60,916 of 62,380
Guys since I got no reply to my last post I will follow up.

I assume like myself many here would like Bit Perfect playback without having to change settings all the time.

UAP does this but I personally do not really like the players GUI and you lose some Processing Effects EQ etc.

I use PowerAmp and it does not have this function yet and he said when he adds it it will mean no Possessing Effects like crossfade, gapless etc (I assume EQ also though he did not state so).

Now some of you will be aware of Bluetooth Codec Changer which let you force/choose the codec used and if you like the bitrate also.

So for example if you have set of earbuds with SBC/AAC/LDAC and do not want to use the lesser codecs but do not want Android or PowerAmp forcing 24/96 (adaptive so 330/990) as you are listening to CD rips mainly then you can set it to use LDAC 16/44.1 (330) per earbuds model or globally.

Now in a recent update it has added a Bit Perfect/Match function but to enable it means a few things need to be done and my problem is I cannot do so due to my issue in last post.,

Anyone here want to give it a go?

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #60,918 of 62,380
Hello,

Can anoyone recommend some thrid-party tips for AZ80? Soundwise I am happy with the stock ones, maaaybe a bit airier trebles would be good, but it's adjustable with app EQ.
However, I think I would improve the passive isolation a bit. Once the ANC perfectly cuts the lower frequencies of the city/office noise, I would love to isolate the higher frequiencies more - cars, people talking etc. (not completely of course, I prefer to hear an ambulance when I cross the street).
Are there any hybrid (silicone + foam) tips compatible with Technics?

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #60,919 of 62,380
I've come to realize that the Huawei Freeclip is one of the best purchases I've made in quite some time in the TWS world tbh, and that is mighty surprising to me! Obviously not from a fidelity-perspective, but just functionality-wise.
Being able to listen to music while I talk to colleagues, when I'm meetings over Teams, hanging out with my girlfriend, etc, and still being able to partake in conversations is fantastic.
One thing I don't like right now is that it seems as though they're not fitting as tightly as they did first (I think???) and it makes it sound like there's channel imbalance with a volume difference between both ears, but there's not, it's just a question of different fit between the ears.

Now my next dream is open earbuds that can cancel out noise and other music playing around me whilst keeping voices audible or amplified, that would be... something. :D

But for now I'm interested in seeing how the new Linkbuds coming out will have noise cancellation if they're actually open like the predecessors. I know it's technically not impossible, such as with the Huawei Freebuds 5 for an example, but the ANC on that one is not exactly great and it's not entirely open since it still sort of closes off your ear even if nothing goes into your ear canal.

Mar 11, 2024 at 6:53 AM Post #60,920 of 62,380
I know, all the Fokus seem to have the same issue. Maybe they're listening and will fix that. Would be great if they'd offer something in the app similar to the MTW2/3/4s way of enabling transparency upon pausing... 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, because of my use case I use my AirPod pros 99% of the time. They really are the overall best if you’re using Apple products. Hopefully Noble can figure that out some day. They really are great sounding and I’d like to replace my AirPod pros as my go to earphones.

Mar 11, 2024 at 8:18 AM Post #60,921 of 62,380
Yeah the interface on the Mystique that Noble uses is pretty bad. Especially for the transparency mode.

I think everybody should make their controls like Sennheiser does on the MTW3 and 4. Which are totally customizable. And also includes the option to have music automatically pause when turning on transparency mode. That is huge. I don't know about everybody but I use these in an urban environment, So if I want to turn on transparency mode there's a very solid chance I need to talk to someone like to order food or to have a quick conversation. Or anytime I might pop into a store on a walk with music.
Totally agree on the Sennys pausing music once ambient is turned on (with just one tap). It's a game changer

Anyone know any others that can do this ?

Mar 11, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #60,923 of 62,380
Yeah the interface on the Mystique that Noble uses is pretty bad. Especially for the transparency mode.

I think everybody should make their controls like Sennheiser does on the MTW3 and 4. Which are totally customizable. And also includes the option to have music automatically pause when turning on transparency mode. That is huge. I don't know about everybody but I use these in an urban environment, So if I want to turn on transparency mode there's a very solid chance I need to talk to someone like to order food or to have a quick conversation. Or anytime I might pop into a store on a walk with music.
Yes... Been saying this for years! So far only Technics and Sennheiser understands why it's important! :/

Mar 11, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #60,925 of 62,380
Anyone wanna try these?
Screenshot_20240311-142540.png

Mar 11, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #60,926 of 62,380
Mar 11, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #60,927 of 62,380
Totally agree on the Sennys pausing music once ambient is turned on (with just one tap). It's a game changer

Anyone know any others that can do this ?
My Technics AZ80s and Shure TW2 adapters do this. Honestly, I have mixed feelings about this and sometimes find it annoying because I usually just pull out of ear to have a conversation or hear am announcement but I can see the appeal.

EDIT: Just adding that I like Shure's implementation on the TW2 the best. I have mine set such that a single press of the left button just enables Environment Mode (ambient) without pausing. However, there is an option that they call PausePlus where, if you pause music, Environment Mode (their name for ambient mode) automatically turns on. It automatically turns off once you resume playback. If I press the right side once, my music stops playing and Environment Mode turns on automatically. This way, I can enable ambient with or without stopping my music depending on the situation.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #60,928 of 62,380
Hello,

Can anoyone recommend some thrid-party tips for AZ80? Soundwise I am happy with the stock ones, maaaybe a bit airier trebles would be good, but it's adjustable with app EQ.
However, I think I would improve the passive isolation a bit. Once the ANC perfectly cuts the lower frequencies of the city/office noise, I would love to isolate the higher frequiencies more - cars, poeples talking etc. (not completely of course, I prefer to hear an ambulance when I cross the street).
Are there any hybrid (silicone + foam) tips compatible with Technics?
I use the Azla SednaEarFit Max Standard tips. I also tried the Azla SednaEarFit Crystal Standard tips and those fit fine as well (note, the Crystal TWS version was too shallow and didnt really work). Slightly narrower diameter of the Max was just more comfortable for me. The Azla tips gave me a better seal vs the stock tips but, obviously our ears are all different. I also tried some of my Final Audio tips but ended up settling on the Azla Max tips.

Never tried hybrid silicone+foam tips so can't help you there.

Mar 11, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #60,930 of 62,380
Anyone wanna try these?
Screenshot_20240311-142540.png
On Amazon already from Shenzen...
1710188627845.png

It at least has some power for the planar and some bass modes. It is a TWS so you do think about things like volume level and noisy areas so that drown out more bass. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back