Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 11, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #60,931 of 62,692
On Amazon already from Shenzen...

It at least has some power for the planar and some bass modes. It is a TWS so you do think about things like volume level and noisy areas so that drown out more bass. :)
It's funny that Moondrop has another TWS on their site where the marketing claims that driver tech is useless for TWS. :D
643f5e4f973c03d9416e68f6_DM_20230419112104_036.jpeg

https://moondroplab.com/en/products/alice

643f5e4f49cdbd77ddd7d78d_DM_20230419112104_044.jpeg
Also: Vienna is not a german city... @MOONDROP

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #60,932 of 62,692
Mar 11, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #60,933 of 62,692
Has anybody seen the moon drop golden ages with 13 mm full frequency planer magnetic drivers as well as LDACand noise canceling?

On the Shenzhen site there are more details about transparency ANC and 3 bass signatures.

At the price it seems a no brainer.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #60,935 of 62,692
Anyhoo, looks like no Bit Perfect for me in PowerAmp via Bluetooth Codec Changer's new feature as my phone will not let me switch control modes which seems a common Android issue (I gave details in my previous 2 posts).

Mar 11, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #60,937 of 62,692
Battery life looks low on those Moondrops, but that price is darn good.

Mar 11, 2024 at 10:38 PM Post #60,939 of 62,692
I got to listen to the Triumph at CanJam this weekend. The dudes at Bloom mentioned there was a needed software update to increase volume but couldn’t get them to update properly. I was at about 85-90% max volume on my phone to get into the 70db range so there’s definitely some software stuff to work out.

They sounded really good. Very very fast with ample bass. I was surprised they were able to tune it to give it some meat and note weight. Definitely preferred these over my Svanar in pretty much all regards except soundstage depth. I’ll also say I was underwhelmed with the case. They’re using some type of felt/alcantara/fuzzy stuff for the case material. It felt really cheap and crushable, and already looked dirty

Mar 11, 2024 at 11:14 PM Post #60,940 of 62,692
On Amazon already from Shenzen...
1710188627845.png
It at least has some power for the planar and some bass modes. It is a TWS so you do think about things like volume level and noisy areas so that drown out more bass. :)
That driver looks like a dynamic from the photos. Probably a copper outer shell too 😉

These hit a sweet spot though. I like the planar sound and these are actually one of the ONLY Moondrop TWS I've seen where I like the aesthetics of them.

'Need' a new stem design as well.

Pretty easy just to pull the trigger on something like these without over thinking it due to price.

Mar 12, 2024 at 12:31 AM Post #60,941 of 62,692
No eq with bit perfect?
Should not effect PowerAmp EQ as it is done before it gets to PowerAmp.

The issue is what I detailed before, my phone will not swap to CONNECTED DEVICE (PC) from THIS DEVICE (PHONE) when it is connected via USB to my PC (seems a common issue) and CBA factory resetting as too much hassle today esp. with 2FA etc.

If it did I can run a run a CMD and it will let me enable the toggle switch in Bluetooth Codec Changer to allow Bit Perfect.

Screenshot_20240312-042818.png

Screenshot_20240312-042850.png

Mar 12, 2024 at 12:58 AM Post #60,942 of 62,692
I got to listen to the Triumph at CanJam this weekend. The dudes at Bloom mentioned there was a needed software update to increase volume but couldn’t get them to update properly. I was at about 85-90% max volume on my phone to get into the 70db range so there’s definitely some software stuff to work out.

They sounded really good. Very very fast with ample bass. I was surprised they were able to tune it to give it some meat and note weight. Definitely preferred these over my Svanar in pretty much all regards except soundstage depth. I’ll also say I was underwhelmed with the case. They’re using some type of felt/alcantara/fuzzy stuff for the case material. It felt really cheap and crushable, and already looked dirty
That helps explain the volume. I heard them at the Bloom room as well. I was like I think these could sound really good but goddamn if they are too low to tell.

I'll have to try them again but I am also hoping Noble updates their relatively mediocre interface first as well.

Mar 12, 2024 at 4:06 AM Post #60,943 of 62,692
But for now I'm interested in seeing how the new Linkbuds coming out will have noise cancellation if they're actually open like the predecessors. I know it's technically not impossible, such as with the Huawei Freebuds 5 for an example, but the ANC on that one is not exactly great and it's not entirely open since it still sort of closes off your ear even if nothing goes into your ear canal.

I think with the Freebuds 5 (as with all semi-inears), it depends on your ear anatomy. I have rather large ears, so they don't close off the ear canal at all for me. And subjectively, the feeling is no different from earbuds that sit entirely outside the canal.

But thing is, the closer your sound source is to your ear drum, the more efficient it will deliver low frequencies. That's called 'proximity effect' and it's also the reason why a singer's voice sounds darker and fuller when he/she moves closer to the microphone.

By that measure, the most efficient open earphones will be the ones that sit closest to your ear drum, but do not block the ear canal (Btw they'll also be the open variety, for which ANC works fairly well).

Mar 12, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #60,944 of 62,692
That helps explain the volume. I heard them at the Bloom room as well. I was like I think these could sound really good but goddamn if they are too low to tell.

I'll have to try them again but I am also hoping Noble updates their relatively mediocre interface first as well.
The xMems driver needs a lot of current. I often listen to the Aurvana Ace 2 at close to 90% volume on my Pixel 8 Pro, and though it scares me to look at the slider it sounds great with no fatigue. The xMems module contains their own amp and I'm guessing the Triumph is using it though I guess it could be something else. In any case, I have a little doubt they will fix the gain.

Mar 12, 2024 at 8:23 PM Post #60,945 of 62,692

Users who are viewing this thread

Back