Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 9, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #60,901 of 62,692
Mar 10, 2024 at 1:03 AM Post #60,902 of 62,692
The question was why did they add a HR sensor which I answered. Whether that feature is useful wasn’t the question and is an entirely different question.
All due respect and not to be argumentative but the question was asked by me specifically on what purpose the HRM serves. Not why senny added it. Was curious if there was a use for it that I was missing.

Edit* thanks for providing that use case in the rest of your message btw :)

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 1:07 AM Post #60,903 of 62,692
All due respect and not to be argumentative but the question was asked by me specifically on what purpose the HRM serves. Not why senny added it. Was curious if there was a use for it that I was missing
You can measure how much calories you are burning, if you still have some juice left to challenge yourself even more, etc. Get a feeling for your capabilities and growth.

Mar 10, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #60,904 of 62,692
What tips do people use on the Sennheiser mtw4s? Spinfits? Comply?
SpinFit CP1025 for True Wireless - work really nicely for me needing a more shallow fit

Mar 10, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #60,906 of 62,692
Mar 10, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #60,909 of 62,692
All due respect and not to be argumentative but the question was asked by me specifically on what purpose the HRM serves. Not why senny added it. Was curious if there was a use for it that I was missing.

Edit* thanks for providing that use case in the rest of your message btw :)
I was responding to @jant71 and not you brother. Sorry for the confusion.

Mar 10, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #60,910 of 62,692
I was going to chime in but did not want to be unfair as only 24 hours.

I updated the FW out the box so not sure if they had the Knowles EQ before that update or not (I know there was some EQ bug or the Custom ones did not do much (going by earlier reviews).

I liked the JLab Sig EQ best (had 3 pairs before) and I found the Knowles EQ tinny but gave it a whole day and today there was another FW update to fix "An unbalance with the Knowles EQ" and it possibly sounds better now.

The fit is ok comfort wise, the passive seal is not the best for me and ANC is not great (partly due to lack of passive seal) so no good for sleep and road/traffic noise is made more annoying with ANC on like most earbuds (attenuation I think you call it).

I can get a better passive seal and less noise with my SOUNDPEATS Sonic Pro (non ANC) with no music playing and with brown noise at 24 Vol I hear next to nothing unless it is louder noises.

My main gripe is they are not loud for me on any Codec, I am at 85 Vol on PC and Android (also tested on FiiO BTA30 PRO via LDAC) and even 100 Vol would not blow my ears off so no headroom for some quieter albums but they are a touch louder on their included dongle.

The battery life with LDAC @ 16/44.1 even with no ANC is not as good as I would have thought and gets well beaten by the Opera05 with 2 days use per charge.

Someone in a Reddit comment compared these to his Opera05 and said it was close but he likes the sound of the Opera05 better and I would agree and they get loud, about 55 Vol is same as the JLab at 85% both using LDAC.
Using Aaron's sound sample page, I compared the Epic Lab versus the Elite 10, then found his test song on Amazon music and tested the Elite 10, Mackie MP-20TWS, and Opera 5.

I have a feeling the Epic Lab will be very similar to the MP-20TWS for signature straight out of the box. But based on your comments not as loud. The question is whether the added app support plus LDAC will make them worth spending $209CAD to buy them. They would have to have a big jump in SQ using LDAC to be justified, which I have a feeling may not happen, it will be better but not BETTER!.

What's funny is the Aaron review made me look a second time at the XM5 and I might buy a pair used as I like their mids alot. Safer buy for me as they are easy to flip. The JLab will be lucky if I recoup 50% of cost if I decide to resell.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #60,911 of 62,692
Mar 10, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #60,912 of 62,692
Oh wow, thanks for that! Hmmmm…. Now I need to think about whether or not to sell my Mystiques. It seems they have even reduced the time it takes to turn on transparency mode by half. One of the disappointing things about the Mystiques.
Never mind, I don’t know if they reduced the time it takes to change the transparency mode. The manual says 3 seconds for the mystiques and it actually takes about 6 seconds.

Mar 10, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #60,913 of 62,692
Never mind, I don’t know if they reduced the time it takes to change the transparency mode. The manual says 3 seconds for the mystiques and it actually takes about 6 seconds.
3 clicks for vol +, 3 clicks for FF, hold 3 seconds for ambient. Gotta be a better way. :) 6 seconds is just pull one out of your ears for ambient cause it is faster. i,m so used to one press for play pause and Ambient ANC cycle hold to change tracks and 2 for volume up and down. 3 clicks for preset change and the gaming mode that are more rarely used.

Mar 10, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #60,914 of 62,692
Yeah the interface on the Mystique that Noble uses is pretty bad. Especially for the transparency mode.

I think everybody should make their controls like Sennheiser does on the MTW3 and 4. Which are totally customizable. And also includes the option to have music automatically pause when turning on transparency mode. That is huge. I don't know about everybody but I use these in an urban environment, So if I want to turn on transparency mode there's a very solid chance I need to talk to someone like to order food or to have a quick conversation. Or anytime I might pop into a store on a walk with music.

Mar 10, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #60,915 of 62,692
I know, all the Fokus seem to have the same issue. Maybe they're listening and will fix that. Would be great if they'd offer something in the app similar to the MTW2/3/4s way of enabling transparency upon pausing... 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back