Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 9, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #60,886 of 62,689
For those of you interested in the Sennie Sports with heart rate monitor.

What's the use case for the HR monitor?

Is it just interesting info after a workout? Or is there some use to knowing your HR during a workout/in another situation?
I use a HRM to connect to Zwift and my Garmin head unit. I also use with my concept 2. The nice thing is that in ear monitor is not susceptible to hand movements and drop outs.

Mar 9, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #60,887 of 62,689
I use a HRM to connect to Zwift and my Garmin head unit. I also use with my concept 2. The nice thing is that in ear monitor is not susceptible to hand movements and drop outs.
Thanks for the answer. I'm unfamiliar with Zwift. But once you have heart rate connected what do you do with/respond to that information?

Mar 9, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #60,889 of 62,689
I monitor HR while excercising and my watch also monitors throughout the day which allows me to see irregular things like a fast HR when relaxing etc.

I imagine the senns will offer a similar capability.

Mar 9, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #60,891 of 62,689
Hi guys , what is the best tws for iPhone I don’t care about anc but I need mic 🎤 and most important thing is the sound quality I am also looking for earbuds not headphones at the moment I know iPhone has aac codec only do I still need good source like tidal oowbuz etc or YouTube music is fine ?

Mar 9, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #60,892 of 62,689
Hi guys , what is the best tws for iPhone I don’t care about anc but I need mic 🎤 and most important thing is the sound quality I am also looking for earbuds not headphones at the moment I know iPhone has aac codec only do I still need good source like tidal oowbuz etc or YouTube music is fine ?
Many will claim top SQ isn’t something Apple does due to AAC. Yeah, It does a great job, but I have headphones that sound significantly better. When it comes to TWS, IDK, my Sony DAPs set to LDAC don’t really wow me. I have some LDAC and Aptx HD enabled TWS….

Mar 9, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #60,894 of 62,689
Also, be aware you can do the following in apple to adjust the sound.

Select in Settings—-Accessibility, then audio/video, then turn on Headphone Accommodations and you can further adjust the EQ

Mar 9, 2024 at 7:30 PM Post #60,895 of 62,689
Need little help (have tried all sorts using Google), thanks in advance.

The first time you ever plug your Android phone into your PC you get a pop up on both devices and you choose if you want to control via This Device or PC and then you can choose charging only or file transfer etc.

Well mine is set to the This device so the phone (I did so before) and I cannot get it to allow me to change it back.

This is related to TWS so will fill you in why I need to do this after a short midnight walk.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 8:08 PM Post #60,896 of 62,689
Thanks for the answer. I'm unfamiliar with Zwift. But once you have heart rate connected what do you do with/respond to that information?
I am in tune with my body and fitness. Never felt the need for HRM. I know and can gauge and don't care the exact number so that never appealed to me.
We use to have the Icon X by Samsung back in 2016 that had a fitness tracker and HRM and 4GB of memory. I thought we would have steps counting TWS by now that you could voice control or set to give you auto status or just press a button to hear your progress. Love to have choice of steps or distance voiced to you and goal reached notification on board no app or phone necessary. There was $17 BT earphones on Amazon a few years back that even counted steps. Figure we would have that in TWS by now.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #60,897 of 62,689
I am in tune with my body and fitness. Never felt the need for HRM. I know and can gauge and don't care the exact number so that never appealed to me.
We use to have the Icon X by Samsung back in 2016 that had a fitness tracker and HRM and 4GB of memory. I thought we would have steps counting TWS by now that you could voice control or set to give you auto status or just press a button to hear your progress. Love to have choice of steps or distance voiced to you and goal reached notification on board no app or phone necessary. There was $17 BT earphones on Amazon a few years back that even counted steps. Figure we would have that in TWS by now.
Yea I think that's more my thinking too. Steps would be handy.

I'm the same with the HR feature, was considering looking at the senny sport for the form factor but then stopped to ask myself what the use of the features would be.

Mar 9, 2024 at 8:34 PM Post #60,898 of 62,689
Also, be aware you can do the following in apple to adjust the sound.

Select in Settings—-Accessibility, then audio/video, then turn on Headphone Accommodations and you can further adjust the EQ
Good info will look into it , I have Denon Perl pro but fit isn’t good with my ears they have nice sound , any recommendations? On tws earbuds

Mar 9, 2024 at 8:51 PM Post #60,899 of 62,689
Yea I think that's more my thinking too. Steps would be handy.

I'm the same with the HR feature, was considering looking at the senny sport for the form factor but then stopped to ask myself what the use of the features would be.
The question was why did they add a HR sensor which I answered. Whether that feature is useful wasn’t the question and is an entirely different question. I suspect these will sell like hotcakes. It was done by Jabra years ago. Kind of surprised it took someone this long to try again. For me it means I don’t need to wear a HRM on my bike. One less thing to charge and deal with. Super useful for many athletes. I’m pretty in tune with my HR now too when exercising but there are days when my HR skyrockets and I can’t really tell and it’s useful to dial it back. Plus a lot of people zone train and these buds will be perfect for that. A lot of people have this on their smartwatch/Garmin so I suppose an argument can be made it’s not needed in headphones. But I don’t wear a smartwatch so guess I’m the target audience.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 9:26 PM Post #60,900 of 62,689
Good info will look into it , I have Denon Perl pro but fit isn’t good with my ears they have nice sound , any recommendations? On tws earbuds
These companies seem to implement AAC in their products well (they know what their doing), Sennheiser, Bose, Sony, Apple, Soundcore, Bowers & Wilkins, Technics and Jabra. Others can speak for other brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back