Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 8, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #60,856 of 62,969
Mine were manufactured September 16, 2023.

I remember seeing the date of manufacturer, I don't remember where. How to look up?

Black = August 24, 23'
Blue = October 18, 23'
3 consecutive months of manufacturing is a good representation of how they were built and will perform. Except for figuring out how to engage aptX Adaptive which was my player's issue not the Ultra's, I've had no problems.

Mar 8, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #60,857 of 62,969
I just got from Japan the Aviot TE-ZX1-PNK ... unfortunately Aviot Sound Me is incompatible with all my European android devices (Z Fold 5, FIIO M17, FIIO M11, ...)..

Luckily it was possible to pair it with the Z Fold5 manually and get access to most of all functions from the touch part of the drivers to get even Noise Cancelling toggle too (a long press on both drivers simultaneously to toggle between the 3 modes) .. though, I have no way to use the internal EQ and maybe missing some possible ANC adjustments (like AZ80 ?)..

I was waiting for the gamer version too (Red one), but at least, I had more expectations with the musical version (Black one), so I am pleased to get this one first..
I just gave a quick try :
-> more bulky than 1000XM5 and even AZ80
-> comfort is very good with large silicone tips,
-> ANC is rather efficient
-> and sound quality seems to be quite interesting in 990Kbps LDAC mode (there is a significant improvement from when the TWS is set to AAC mode, I would say as usual with all my LDAC TWS)

I would say, it's a good start with the TE-ZX1-PNK .. I will spend a time to compare with my AZ80 & 1000XM5.. and decide which one I will bring to my next 26 hours oversea trip to Japan in 10 days...
Holy Moly a conundrum. I made a decision to sell my pair, still shrink wrapped and now I'm 2nd guessing it! Do I open or still sell? FOMO ~ FOTM ~ KIASU

I need a AA A meeting bad....what you say? No, not a drinking problem, that's simple.... I just drink till I pass out :>) AAA, no flat tire either....
Audio Addicts Anonymous. I nominate erock for our supreme leader. :) Wait, I don't want to get better, so I cannot join.....Besides, any club that would allow me as a member I wouldn't want to part of anyway.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #60,858 of 62,969
Holy Moly a conundrum. I made a decision to sell my pair, still shrink wrapped and now I'm 2nd guessing it! Do I open or still sell? FOMO ~ FOTM ~ KIASU

I need a AA A meeting bad....what you say? No, not a drinking problem, that's simple.... I just drink till I pass out :>) AAA, no flat tire either....
Audio Addicts Anonymous. I nominate erock for our supreme leader. :) Wait, I don't want to get better, so I cannot join.....Besides, any club that would allow me as a member I wouldn't want to part of anyway.
1709920002450.gif

Mar 8, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #60,859 of 62,969
3 consecutive months of manufacturing is a good representation of how they were built and will perform. Except for figuring out how to engage aptX Adaptive which was my player's issue not the Ultra's, I've had no problems.
Well, overall their performance is acceptable for me, but there is at least one event per day when something happens:
-they start to play out of sync - one earbuds doesn't play and after a while it syncs up
-sometimes they sound kind of 'broader' - both earbuds and then they play normally
-cracking sound in left earbud - not buzzing, just left earbud starts to crack, it turns off and then turns on.

I figure, it's either related to different components used in manufacturing process or it might be incompatibility of bluetooth protocols. My all devices have bluetooth 5.0 and earbuds have 5.3.

well, my M1 says it's bluetooth 5.4 lol...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 19.26.16.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 19.26.16.png
    244.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #60,860 of 62,969

I think you may be confusing Z1 with ZX1?
As for the club, no way I can keep up with those kind of dues. :)

Mar 8, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #60,861 of 62,969
Well, overall their performance is acceptable for me, but there is at least one event per day when something happens:
-they start to play out of sync - one earbuds doesn't play and after a while it syncs up
-sometimes they sound kind of 'broader' - both earbuds and then they play normally
-cracking sound in left earbud - not buzzing, just left earbud starts to crack, it turns off and then turns on.

I figure, it's either related to different components used in manufacturing process or it might be incompatibility of bluetooth protocols. My all devices have bluetooth 5.0 and earbuds have 5.3.

well, my M1 says it's bluetooth 5.4 lol...
That's funny -- I get the same symptoms but with the creative Aurvana Ace 2. I wonder if it's the same chipset? The 'broader' thing was driving me crazy until I realized it was a sync issue. I only get cracking when ANC is over-challenged, probably a completely different thing.

Mar 8, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #60,863 of 62,969

Ha! 😀

Mar 8, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #60,865 of 62,969
Hmm, first impressions of the MTW4...

They definitely don't awe me like the Final ZE8000 mk2 did... But at the same time they're super solid in basically every area as well! Which is something the ZE8000s can't be described as.
  • App is really fast (including tab for paired device management)
  • Plenty of options
  • Fully customizable controls (can even customise the main page settings...!)
  • Easy to use controls
  • 1 touch for pause music/ambient
  • Solid build quality
  • Wireless charging
  • Comfortable (and pass the sleep test)
Kinda exactly what I expected to be honest, not saying that they sound bad. Just that they don't quite reach that wow level as the few audiophile focused True Wireless buds. They actually sound very good if you're comparing the broader product field.

I do wonder when the audiophile earbuds will come close in terms of a total package.

Haven't tested the multipoint and anc yet tho, but I expect them to preform admirably.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #60,866 of 62,969
That's funny -- I get the same symptoms but with the creative Aurvana Ace 2. I wonder if it's the same chipset? The 'broader' thing was driving me crazy until I realized it was a sync issue. I only get cracking when ANC is over-challenged, probably a completely different thing.
I assume they have the same chipset as QC Ultra: Qualcomm QCC5171. Mine earbud gets cracking sound when ANC is off. It happens outside or when I'm at home. I noticed they start play out of sync when I'm outside and it's windy.

Mar 8, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #60,867 of 62,969
Hmm, first impressions of the MTW4...

They definitely don't awe me like the Final ZE8000 mk2 did... But at the same time they're super solid in basically every area as well! Which is something the ZE8000s can't be described as.
  • App is really fast (including tab for paired device management)
  • Plenty of options
  • Fully customizable controls (can even customise the main page settings...!)
  • Easy to use controls
  • 1 touch for pause music/ambient
  • Solid build quality
  • Wireless charging
  • Comfortable (and pass the sleep test)
Kinda exactly what I expected to be honest, not saying that they sound bad. Just that they don't quite reach that wow level as the few audiophile focused True Wireless buds. They actually sound very good if you're comparing the broader product field.

I do wonder when the audiophile earbuds will come close in terms of a total package.

Haven't tested the multipoint and anc yet tho, but I expect them to preform admirably.
Totally agree with all you've said. Honestly, I regret getting them. Not that they're bad, but I prefer my B&O EX and Devialet G2 more. Although, after hours of using them, the MTW4 have been hurting my ears even without wings. They do sound decent after tuning them, but they're overpriced for what they are. Sennheiser should have shrunk the case and rounded the bud edges more imo. Everything does work and works well. ANC is great. Gets pretty quiet here at home. But multipoint can be a pain depending on what device it wants to connect to first. I just wind up disconnecting devices. It's nowhere near what AirPods Pro 2 can do. All the previous said, I'm eager to hear them after the promised LE Audio update, because the Aurvana Ace 2s truly shined using LE Audio, but not sure the MTW4s be hanging around that long.

Mar 8, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #60,868 of 62,969

We started off with a bottle in a brown bag, and now we’re pushing $1,000 a bottle hooch! 😀

Mar 8, 2024 at 8:14 PM Post #60,869 of 62,969
I meant in sound quality, beucase with the CHUs i can use them wired and wireless with the adaptor, but i have a feeling that the space travel wont last very long.
Everything that has a battery will die eventually.
been using the space travel (white) daily since last August, and its still going stong. guess i drew up the qc lottery on this one.

*also, my BTRs from 4 years ago still hold a good charge too.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 9:05 PM Post #60,870 of 62,969
Wake me up again if there's any open ear that can beat FreeClip. So far FreeClip is the best but the distortion at certain volume and the missing low end are the only gripes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back