Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 6, 2024 at 8:14 PM Post #60,826 of 62,469
Mar 6, 2024 at 11:22 PM Post #60,830 of 62,469
Yup, I posted the same thing a few pages back. I actually preordered them from Bloom today.
Somewhat off topic question/ observation. The xm1 is not up on Nobles website. Virtually no reviews available. Noble hasn’t commented on the Xm1s in the separate thread despite a few questions. Yet the triumph is in the website. Any ideas what’s going on? Are the XM1s like “fake” Nobles? Kinda like when they released the Falcon and then didn’t (in the US). Seems strange given the relatively high price.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 11:41 PM Post #60,831 of 62,469
Somewhat off topic question/ observation. The xm1 is not up on Nobles website. Virtually no reviews available. Noble hasn’t commented on the Xm1s in the separate thread despite a few questions. Yet the triumph is in the website. Any ideas what’s going on? Are the XM1s like “fake” Nobles? Kinda like when they released the Falcon and then didn’t (in the US). Seems strange given the relatively high price.
I saw that too. I'm not sure what is up or what the business model is. I did see that the Falcon Max were on the FCC's website recently, so maybe they had a change of heart about releasing them in the US at some point.

Not sure why the XM1 are only on third party websites. Also, what usually happens is that the third party retailers get the Fokus models before Noble puts them up on their site. Or, it seems third party retailers have them in stock while it always says backorder on the Noble site. Maybe they just don't have the infrastructure to sell direct to the consumer and it's easier to outsource? Maybe it depends on what deals they have with what retailer. Sort of how Best buy has exclusive windows on some of the different colored Jabra buds etc. Obviously I'm just spitballing here.

Mar 6, 2024 at 11:52 PM Post #60,832 of 62,469
I saw that too. I'm not sure what is up or what the business model is. I did see that the Falcon Max were on the FCC's website recently, so maybe they had a change of heart about releasing them in the US at some point.

Not sure why the XM1 are only on third party websites. Also, what usually happens is that the third party retailers get the Fokus models before Noble puts them up on their site. Or, it seems third party retailers have them in stock while it always says backorder on the Noble site. Maybe they just don't have the infrastructure to sell direct to the consumer and it's easier to outsource? Maybe it depends on what deals they have with what retailer. Sort of how Best buy has exclusive windows on some of the different colored Jabra buds etc. Obviously I'm just spitballing here.
Almost seems like Noble is distancing itself from the XM1 and Falcon but not the Triumph. They referred to the Falcon as a Toyota but the Falcon as a Lexus. What’s the XM? A Porsche? Or a Buick? (Do they still make Buicks?). I get the self distribution part but given how active they are here, the silence is strange.

Mar 7, 2024 at 12:04 AM Post #60,833 of 62,469
My JLab Epic Lab will arrive later today.

Also see AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC have a Version 2 and they also have a new Foam hybrid tip that is actually 14mm where it matters not at rear end so may fit me for the first time (no foam does).

https://www.azla.co.kr/en/product/foamax_standard/

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 12:25 AM Post #60,835 of 62,469
My JLab Epic Lab will arrive later today.

Also see AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC have a Version 2 and they also have a new Foam hybrid tip that is actually 14mm where it matters not at rear end so may fit me for the first time (no foam does).
Look forward to your impressions

Mar 7, 2024 at 12:33 AM Post #60,836 of 62,469
I have owned 3 of their older ANC models, the sound was good and the ANC was good on one pair (the other 2 models did not seal fully or had worse ANC) but the battery life (they all claim high numbers for most models) was not accurate.

You only got App support (their old App) for models from the Epic range and the App was kind of poor/dated.

Read nothing but glowing reviews for these.,

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 12:52 AM Post #60,837 of 62,469
Yes the magic term is purposely used haha.

BTW, is there any Freeclip user experience some better sonic performance after a few hours of running?

The vocals' body sounds much much better today. Timbre is perfect though

Spoiler: today i also tried it with foam buds, heigi brand
Actually yes! First times I used them I felt like they were alright for what they are, the other day I was like "wait, these actually sound good now". Not sure what happened.

How does the Falcon sound compare to the Aurvana Ace?
It's hard for me to say, I haven't done a complete A/B testing yet.
I think the Aurvana Ace 2 has more bass (or bass-bloat, if you will), both are very detailed in the highs and mids, but I think I prefer the Falcon Max. The Falcons just sound more holographic and just has this really tactile feeling to the sound, like I would be able to just touch the sound.
The Falcon Max, or at least my pair does have some white noise issues in the left earbud however, but I can only hear that when there's no music playing at all.

Still very much surprised by the ANC, not that far behind Sony WF-XM5's for an example. Maybe it's not specifically ANC that is as strong though, but the overall noise isolation + ANC at least provides an experience not far from that.

Further to the above, where did you purchase them from? Might have missed it. Which seller?
Yuri-japan-trade on eBay. Really impressed with the fast shipping.

Mar 7, 2024 at 12:53 AM Post #60,838 of 62,469
I might have a bit of jingle to try something.

Some early posts and comments on the Epic lab seemed to suggest issues withe EQ in the app and a few other issue so I have held off.

Senns are still in full MSRP and a few comments I have seen combined with being burned twice buy MTW's has me fairly firmly on the wait and see side of the fence for them.

Aviot looks interesting but not sure I want to take a chance on one of these startup projects.

3ANC is also an option to try but on the fence there as well. I wish they had LDAC but most reports suggest they sound great even without it. They seem to be on sale alot lately so might be a good bang for the buck.

Could also wait and see how the new JBL's with LDAC turn out or wait and see if Samsung does anything interesting with a Pro 3 model...

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:05 AM Post #60,839 of 62,469
Mar 7, 2024 at 1:34 AM Post #60,840 of 62,469
Of course you have this option! Buy from Sennheiser.de and return if necessary. I bought the new Momentum Wireless 4 and am now returning it, I think the APP2 is better.
I thought for hygienic reasons, IEMs would be always excluded from the 14-day return window. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back