Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 7, 2024 at 1:54 AM Post #60,842 of 62,472
Might grab the Epic lab...
EpMan does a hearing test thing a d these sou d like they really detailed which I think I would really like. GAMESKY also liked them alot, and most reviews seem positive except for manual EQ. But I have a feeling I might really like that Knowles EQ...

Mar 7, 2024 at 4:56 AM Post #60,843 of 62,472
EpMan does a hearing test thing a d these sou d like they really detailed which I think I would really like. GAMESKY also liked them alot, and most reviews seem positive except for manual EQ. But I have a feeling I might really like that Knowles EQ...
I really enjoyed them...

Mar 7, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #60,846 of 62,472

Pinned by Aaron X Loud and Wireless

@aaronloudnwireless

10 days ago (edited)
(Edit: The JLab's sound sample at 05:59 is not correct. Correct version has been posted here https://youtu.be/F1svyk3SyOQ - and as a bonus, I've added the AirPods Pro 2 to the comparison!)

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #60,847 of 62,472

Pinned by Aaron X Loud and Wireless

@aaronloudnwireless

10 days ago (edited)
(Edit: The JLab's sound sample at 05:59 is not correct. Correct version has been posted here https://youtu.be/F1svyk3SyOQ - and as a bonus, I've added the AirPods Pro 2 to the comparison!)

The difference in those samples is stark! Thanks for gathering that together! Based on the original video I actually would have been on the fence or just bought the Sony's :).

The new sample shows how they really sound and I really like that sound signature.

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #60,848 of 62,472
Want to share my adventure with earbuds during past few months.
In November 2023 my 1,5 years old Sennheiser MTW3 started to have issues. Quickly noticed there were tons of posts in forums about the issues.
Went to local retailer and they also told there was lot of RMAs with the MTW3 earbuds. They provided option to change totally different earbuds.

I chose Jabra Elite 10. Well that was a mistake. I did not like the sound and the fit at all.

Next noticed there was something new and interesting behind the corner: JLAB Epic Lab Edition earbuds. Available behind the sea in the US. Well not at that bad price at that point so I ordered those. Earbuds sounded good, but touch controls were too sensitive with the beanie (-25 celsius at that time in Finland) and mic did not work with MBP without the dongle. Did not suite for me as allrounder option.

Next noticed there was again something new incoming: M&D MW09. Well I had MW08 few years ago, so why not to test the new ones. Received the earbuds and liked those a lot. Still something was wrong with the earbuds. I noticed I missed the secure fit feeling how earbuds stay still. MW09 touches the tragus and it gives me feeling earbuds fall.

Again something new was coming: Sennheiser MTW4. Picked up these last weekend. Now rocking Sennheiser MTW4 (black copper ones). Hopefully these will last long. I like the sound and customization options these have. Also the fin in these provides secure feeling I was missing.

Mar 7, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #60,850 of 62,472
Mar 7, 2024 at 7:06 PM Post #60,851 of 62,472
Has denon address that weird and annoying hiss or white noise on the Denon Perl Pros?

Mar 7, 2024 at 11:52 PM Post #60,852 of 62,472
Mar 7, 2024 at 11:54 PM Post #60,853 of 62,472
Has denon address that weird and annoying hiss or white noise on the Denon Perl Pros?
Never got it in mine but I doubt it. I don't think anything was resolved from the Nura to the Denon and then onwards with Denon updates.

Luck of the draw from most accounts on if a working unit arrives.

I only think this as they never actually acknowledge that there are issues (connection, hiss etc) so hard to know if they are even trying to fix them.

That being said if it's anc related i wouldn't know as I don't use it.

Mar 8, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #60,854 of 62,472
I just got from Japan the Aviot TE-ZX1-PNK ... unfortunately Aviot Sound Me is incompatible with all my European android devices (Z Fold 5, FIIO M17, FIIO M11, ...)..

Luckily it was possible to pair it with the Z Fold5 manually and get access to most of all functions from the touch part of the drivers to get even Noise Cancelling toggle too (a long press on both drivers simultaneously to toggle between the 3 modes) .. though, I have no way to use the internal EQ and maybe missing some possible ANC adjustments (like AZ80 ?)..

I was waiting for the gamer version too (Red one), but at least, I had more expectations with the musical version (Black one), so I am pleased to get this one first..
I just gave a quick try :
-> more bulky than 1000XM5 and even AZ80
-> comfort is very good with large silicone tips,
-> ANC is rather efficient
-> and sound quality seems to be quite interesting in 990Kbps LDAC mode (there is a significant improvement from when the TWS is set to AAC mode, I would say as usual with all my LDAC TWS)

I would say, it's a good start with the TE-ZX1-PNK .. I will spend a time to compare with my AZ80 & 1000XM5.. and decide which one I will bring to my next 26 hours oversea trip to Japan in 10 days...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back