Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 6, 2024 at 7:25 AM Post #60,814 of 62,213
Looks like 4/9.
They are supposed to be great for running, reducing innner and outer noise. I think that could be amazing, if it works.

Attachments

• Senn_MOMENTUM Sport_Spec_Sheet_EN.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Mar 6, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #60,815 of 62,213
Hey we're talking about doodles over here!

Nah but I got a reco for you. Nuarl Block + tips if they're available for you. They have foams as well. Still may fav for isolation and just working.

So you use them with the XM5s ?

Here is a pretty fascinating review comparing eartips on the XM5s : and

Pretty big difference between the foam and hybrid tips that come with the XM5. He had another review where the poor durability of the foam eartips was mentioned but I can't locate it right now.

Mar 6, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #60,816 of 62,213
Didn't you guys all return/sideline your H95's in favour of the PX8 or other brand?
Right now, I’m not rolling with any cans. I sold my H95 because they were too small for my head. I am praying that these new ones are a bit larger because I absolutely loved them.

Mar 6, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #60,817 of 62,213
Just got my Noble Falcon Max! Really impressed with how fast the delivery was from Japan, bought them through Ebay on friday, and they sent me a message almost instantly saying that they couldn't send them that day because it was late friday in Japan. So they sent them on monday, and I got them today, early Wednesday (around 11AM), which is pretty nice.

First impressions are actually really nice:

+ Very detailed and fast, snappy sound - I mean, really really good!
+ Nice, mid-focused tuning - bass focus on quality rather than quantity, more on the faster side but can certainly rumble if the track requires it.
+ Very comfortable
+ Noise Cancelling seems to be at least decent - but haven't tested them out outside yet.

- Case is probably the flimsiest-feeling plastic I've ever felt on a set of TWS earbuds, the case feels like it's entirely hollow and like you could break the plastic by holding it wrong. I'm obviously not expecting it to, it's probably stronger than it feels, but it doesn't inspire confidence from feel alone.
Which of course can be turned around into a plus - it's very lightweight.

Still not sure why Noble wouldn't release these in the West though, I don't know why we wouldn't want this type of tuning.
It feels very much in line with more audiophile tunings - more balanced, bass tuned slightly lower than one would expect on your average consumer-type earbud - which is fantastic. I love bass, and these earbuds actually do have bass, just not the overwrought, bloat-y bass that many of the more mainstream brands tend to offer. But Noble Audio is not exactly JBL or Beats, I think most of the people in the know of Noble Audios products generally aren't the people that are mostly looking for that V-shaped type sound, yet many of NA's western offerings tend to go towards that direction - sure, done a lot more tasteful with better hardware than JBL and Beats stuff (so also sounding a lot better), but still that mid-bass and highs-oriented sound.

Mar 6, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #60,818 of 62,213
They'd definitely need magic for this, 'cause physics says the further your sound source is from your ear canal, the less low end you'll get.

If you want open earbuds with proper low end, go for the Freebuds 5 instead. From a physical / acoustical pov, semi-inears have an undeniable advantage.
Yes the magic term is purposely used haha.

BTW, is there any Freeclip user experience some better sonic performance after a few hours of running?

The vocals' body sounds much much better today. Timbre is perfect though

Spoiler: today i also tried it with foam buds, heigi brand

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:33 PM Post #60,819 of 62,213
Just got my Noble Falcon Max! Really impressed with how fast the delivery was from Japan, bought them through Ebay on friday, and they sent me a message almost instantly saying that they couldn't send them that day because it was late friday in Japan. So they sent them on monday, and I got them today, early Wednesday (around 11AM), which is pretty nice.

+ Nice, mid-focused tuning - bass focus on quality rather than quantity, more on the faster side but can certainly rumble if the track requires it.
+ Very comfortable
+ Noise Cancelling seems to be at least decent - but haven't tested them out outside yet.

- Case is probably the flimsiest-feeling plastic I've ever felt on a set of TWS earbuds, the case feels like it's entirely hollow and like you could break the plastic by holding it wrong. I'm obviously not expecting it to, it's probably stronger than it feels, but it doesn't inspire confidence from feel alone.

Still not sure why Noble wouldn't release these in the West though, I don't know why we wouldn't want this type of tuning.
It feels very much in line with more audiophile tunings - more balanced, bass tuned slightly lower than one would expect on your average consumer-type earbud - which is fantastic. I love bass, and these earbuds actually do have bass, just not the overwrought, bloat-y bass that many of the more mainstream brands tend to offer. But Noble Audio is not exactly JBL or Beats, I think most of the people in the know of Noble Audios products generally aren't the people that are mostly looking for that V-shaped type sound, yet many of NA's western offerings tend to go towards that direction - sure, done a lot more tasteful with better hardware than JBL and Beats stuff (so also sounding a lot better), but still that mid-bass and highs-oriented sound.
How does the Falcon sound compare to the Aurvana Ace?

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #60,820 of 62,213

+ Very comfortable

How does the Falcon sound compare to the Aurvana Ace?
Further to the above, where did you purchase them from? Might have missed it. Which seller?

Mar 6, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #60,821 of 62,213
Mar 6, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #60,822 of 62,213
Just like the $39 Jabra elite 4’s I picked up a BB, these Sony C500 ($57) from Walmart sound way better than they should.. Again I think it’s due to no ANC onboard.. Both are super responsive to their APP EQ’s, and can sound pretty close to however you want!

Mar 6, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #60,825 of 62,213
Got the Bose Open yesterday and I really like these so far. The sound is really dependent on placement in your ear well. The Auto volume is a nice feature.
I see some posts about Bose connection issues with QC2 and Ultra, I have both and I have had a couple of connection issues but for me it really rare. I wonder if there is a common reason why. I have Android. They where first on my Note 20 ultra and now the S24 ultra and rarely and issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back