Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 22, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #60,467 of 62,214
Yeah, if I recall correctly there is a similar dance that is required by the XM5 as well. Seems pretty customer unfriendly to require enabling in the app a feature that is almost guaranteed to be desired by the user. There may be some features that might require disabling LDAC, but I think it would be safest to assume the best default is to start out enabled.

Anyway, I hope everything is working now for you!
IDK, apparently I need to download an app where I get my haircut now.. Just a $&@$ way of life now…. 👎

Feb 22, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #60,470 of 62,214
Yeah, if I recall correctly there is a similar dance that is required by the XM5 as well. Seems pretty customer unfriendly to require enabling in the app a feature that is almost guaranteed to be desired by the user. There may be some features that might require disabling LDAC, but I think it would be safest to assume the best default is to start out enabled.

Anyway, I hope everything is working now for you!
@Saraguie setting in the app is required because certain multipoint features won't work with LDAC enabled.

I am surprised it's forced to SBC though, my phone defaulted to AAC if I didn't enable LDAC. Might be a Samsung thing though, in my case.

Feb 22, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #60,472 of 62,214
Setting on the MTW4 that will only charge the buds to 80% and slower, to prolong battery life longevity. It's turned off by default.

Edit: also saw a reddit post of someone who got these early. In Europe. Looks like more than one vendor shipped them out early accidentally. I just thought they got stock in early and so everyone got the go.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #60,473 of 62,214
Setting on the MTW4 that will only charge the buds to 80% and slower, to prolong battery life longevity. It's turned off by default.
That feature is starting to become more common. after complete, let us know what your IRL battery life is with that setting on.

Feb 22, 2024 at 7:23 PM Post #60,474 of 62,214
Returned the first pair of Technics AZ-80s, the left side completely dead, got the exchanged pair, synched...very smoothly. Did the update. I've been searching for a post, advising to EQ a certain setting...please repost.

15 minute *initial impressions A/B~ing vs Bose Ultras. Source HiBy M300. Playing the same song, I returned the buds in the case, put the others in, @4 second interval.
Could not get the 80s to connect via the LDAC codec only SBC. Haven't searched for solutions yet. The Ultras connect via aptX Adaptive.
Equal noise isolation, which was surprising. Couldn't hear a loud hair dryer on high unless an inch from my ears.
The Ultras sounded fuller, more forward. The bass on the Ultras hit harder and deeper. Maybe I heard wider sound stage from the 80s.
The APPs seem on par.
The 80s are underwhelming so far. LDAC and adjusting EQ could help, a lot.

I decided to sell the AVIOT TE-Z1PNK Black. They have been up for sale here for about a week. I'll be taking a loss, no sweat. Relatively speaking it was a inexpensive education.
LDAC :heavy_check_mark:
Treble + :heavy_check_mark:
:L3000: WOW :L3000: < That's me listening to Emerson Lake & Palmer, 'Nutcracker live"......While vacuuming, making noises around the house....
All the difference in the world. They are a serious piece of equipment, imho. Next up, play with the APP and tonight late or early tomorrow, no noises...A/B to the Ultras.

Feb 22, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #60,475 of 62,214
@Saraguie setting in the app is required because certain multipoint features won't work with LDAC enabled.

I am surprised it's forced to SBC though, my phone defaulted to AAC if I didn't enable LDAC. Might be a Samsung thing though, in my case.
Yeah, I seem to remember the same. Of course the folks in a forum like this one might prioritize sound quality, but the general consumer may prioritize convenience of something like multipoint over sound quality.

Feb 22, 2024 at 8:36 PM Post #60,476 of 62,214
The new Sennheiser MTW4 are definitely iterative. Of course they sound great. Bronze is sexy. Have to listen more…

View attachment IMG_8203.jpg
IMG_8204.jpg

Feb 22, 2024 at 9:11 PM Post #60,478 of 62,214
Is the fit the same as the MTW3 (as I know the nozzle changed so may change the angle they sit at), i.e. does the outer part still touch parts of the outer ear (painful for some of us with larger ears as they are in further)?

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #60,479 of 62,214
Got my Sennheiser momentum tws 4. They sound fantastic. Do the listening test to get the most out of them. Wasn't impressed til I did that. Need to keep listening but very nice. Maybe I still like the prestige more but not sure yet
Better than the 3 in some appreciable way?

Feb 22, 2024 at 10:29 PM Post #60,480 of 62,214
Got my Sennheiser momentum tws 4. They sound fantastic. Do the listening test to get the most out of them. Wasn't impressed til I did that. Need to keep listening but very nice. Maybe I still like the prestige more but not sure yet
I do like the sound of my Prestige more. Always do the test.
Better than the 3 in some appreciable way?
I don't have my 3 anymore, but they're so similar. Slapped some Azla tips on them. They do fit better than the Prestige. Pretty much the same as the 3 for me. Can't tell if the nozzles were in fact changed. Someone here will be able to do comparison pics I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back