Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 20, 2024 at 3:17 AM Post #59,852 of 62,213
Have a 23 ultra myself.

From what I've read the trade in value Samsung is offering was pretty minimal?
I am in the UK, but my deal was as below, to be honest assuming I just sell on the watch its a decent deal IMO.

- Samsung S24 Ultra 512GB (trade in S23 Ultra for £600)
- Galaxy Watch 6 using checkout code S24GW
- 5% off using using checkout code APP5 (be sure to order via Samung app)
- Sport Band thingy
= £616.55

Will continue to use it with my Fokus Mystique's. What I want really is for Samsung to release a new version of the Buds 2 with a longer stem so that they don't fall out of my ears like the Pro 2s do, I actually really liked the sound of them.

Jan 20, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #59,853 of 62,213
Jan 20, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #59,855 of 62,213
Look forward your impressions on both TWS.
My phone doesn't have AtpX Adaptive but I'm not sure I can see the difference between AptX and AptX Adaptive, especially when I'm outside. I listen to them at home too (50/50) - connect them both to my laptop with SBC XQ 552 kbps.

So Mackie vs Fokus:

Mackie MP-20TWS.

- They disconnect when I place them in the case and close the lid but they connect again in a couple of seconds.
- Short nozzles and eartips. So they fit worse
- Only 7 steps of volume (tried on my laptop and phone).
- There is no app and EQ.
+ Better mids and highs (they are clear and sparkling). But sometimes there are too much highs.
+ Good controls. Activating ambient mode with one touch is really comfortable.
+ Smaller case. It fits into a small (fifth) jeans pocket.
+ Maybe they are waterproof (IPX4) but I don't believe them much because of promised wireless charging which is absent.
+ 13+ hours of battery life.
+ A little better bluetooth connection.

Noble Audio FoKus Mystique.

- My first impression when I opened the case was - What! They are black. Not deep blue as i expected. And they have different LEDs. One is twice brighter. It looks like they are settled in different angles.
- Not such good highs.
- Ambient mode switch. I need to tap and hold the left earbud for three seconds if i want to hear someone! Who invented it?!? Who could think that this will be useful?
- Big case.
- 7 hours of battery life. Not bad, just compared to Mackies not so good.
- More expensive.
- Bluetooth connection is a little worse .
+ At the beginning I thought they had better bass (I love good sub bass), but then i found out that only when they are EQed.
+ Better fit in my ears and I can sleep with them.
+ They have an app and an EQ.

I knew it but they both don't have multipoint connection which is very uncomfortable (

And now I’m confused about my choice. I want to give up my headphones B&W PX7s because of their size but they still sound better.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #59,858 of 62,213
I'm a bit excited to get the S24U in a week or 2 and see if this Snapdragon sound makes a difference on my Bose Ultra headphones/earbuds.
I don't know if the sbc codec has improved or what, but from my own experience, the sbc in my Fokus h-anc is not as bad as it used to be. Before, there is a really noticeable lag when watching video but it is no more now. From what I remember, I could hear some noise like the sound being compressed but I couldn't hear any now. Is it because of newer processor that is more powerful so it could transmit faster data so the compressing become unnoticeable? 🤔

Jan 20, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #59,859 of 62,213
Your dream came true! Ha Ha ha!! Don't do it!
I couldn't believe it when I put the Fold for trade on the Samsung site. I was going to pay cash for the S24U, but in all of the videos I see and the things I am reading, I am taking a hard pass. I get it every year but....

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #59,860 of 62,213
I'm a bit excited to get the S24U in a week or 2 and see if this Snapdragon sound makes a difference on my Bose Ultra headphones/earbuds.
It will make a difference if it uses SSC, other wise no.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #59,863 of 62,213
Jan 20, 2024 at 7:13 PM Post #59,864 of 62,213
I couldn't believe it when I put the Fold for trade on the Samsung site. I was going to pay cash for the S24U, but in all of the videos I see and the things I am reading, I am taking a hard pass. I get it every year but....
I truly love my PF. I can't see myself trading it in until the PF2 comes out. I had the Oneplus Open for five mins and got rid of it. OS sealed the deal. I really enjoy the PF OS more than Samsung. That said, if Samsung reworked the form factor, I'd try again, but that bloatware!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back