Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 19, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #59,836 of 62,483
Got the AZ80s. Other than the relatively low max volume they are keepers. Sound quality, connectivity, customisation are all amazing. May be kind to my ears' longevity and stick with them.

With the Bass+ EQ they sound incredibly balanced and better tuned to my ears than the MTW3.

Jan 19, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #59,837 of 62,483
Got the AZ80s. Other than the relatively low max volume they are keepers. Sound quality, connectivity, customisation are all amazing. May be kind to my ears' longevity and stick with them.

With the Bass+ EQ they sound incredibly balanced and better tuned to my ears than the MTW3.
Got the AZ60M2 myself about a month ago and I am still in awe with the improvement of TWS from my previous set, Ultimate V6. Exactly like you said too. A lot of information here too on phone setups and it made me find out that my old Razer phone 2 (don't judge) only actively supports SBC. I have to thank razer for that it seems...

Since I am into IEMs, I have a ton of tips and found the large bore stiffer silicone tips best for the AZ60M2 fit and sound. Alternating between TRI Clarion and Azla SednaEarfit light standard length. The stock ones were suprisingly decent which is quite unusual in my experience.

I don't know yet if I want a simple Android DAP with micro SD card and LDAC or a new phone with a micro SD card and LDAC.

Jan 19, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #59,839 of 62,483
I don't know yet if I want a simple Android DAP with micro SD card and LDAC or a new phone with a micro SD card and LDAC.
Most Android DAPs will support LDAC and have micro SD. If you can stand having two devices that can be the cheaper option if you're focused on Bluetooth.

The only phones I can think of with micro SD are the Sony range, which can get very pricey, and also maybe some lower end Samsung/Motorola's.

LDAC should be baked into most if not all modern Android phones

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #59,840 of 62,483
Most Android DAPs will support LDAC and have micro SD. If you can stand having two devices that can be the cheaper option if you're focused on Bluetooth.

The only phones I can think of with micro SD are the Sony range, which can get very pricey, and also maybe some lower end Samsung/Motorola's.

LDAC should be baked into most if not all modern Android phones

Yup, got my eye on the Hiby M300 already for my portable setup. I would have preferred to integrate with a new phone as my current one will soon due for a replacement but I won't if the cost is crazy just for some storage.

My music library is about 300GB and slowly growing. I guess a 512GB could do for now but there are still a few interesting options with phones with external storage. I totally don't need a TOTL phone which seems to rule out most 512GB phones.

Jan 19, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #59,841 of 62,483
Jan 19, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #59,842 of 62,483
Yah, Amazon is going to do the same thing with Alexa. Yet another sub fee we don't need to pay.
LLM AI is very expensive. Right now, turf wars are subsidizing the costs somewhat, but curated services are already coming and yeah, at a cost. Most consumers will just play with the stuff (hopefully for free) but for certain professions it's probably going to be just another cost of doing business.

Jan 19, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #59,843 of 62,483
LLM AI is very expensive. Right now, turf wars are subsidizing the costs somewhat, but curated services are already coming and yeah, at a cost. Most consumers will just play with the stuff (hopefully for free) but for certain professions it's probably going to be just another cost of doing business.
Yup. I can neither confirm nor deny I work of one of the said companies. Cost, yes, and they'll just keep laying off the little people to offset. Awful.

Jan 19, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #59,844 of 62,483
Got the AZ60M2 myself about a month ago and I am still in awe with the improvement of TWS from my previous set, Ultimate V6. Exactly like you said too. A lot of information here too on phone setups and it made me find out that my old Razer phone 2 (don't judge) only actively supports SBC. I have to thank razer for that it seems...

Since I am into IEMs, I have a ton of tips and found the large bore stiffer silicone tips best for the AZ60M2 fit and sound. Alternating between TRI Clarion and Azla SednaEarfit light standard length. The stock ones were suprisingly decent which is quite unusual in my experience.

No judgement here, I just updated from an iPhone 6 to a 13 last year 😀

Jan 19, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #59,846 of 62,483
Well, I just invested in their Indiegogo campaign for early bird pricing at 200 dollars (confirmed they ship to US for 10 bucks more). I've had success with other Indiegogo headphone buying, so why not try a company that's had several high quality releases? Apparently, they're shipping in March, so I guess I can report back then if they do indeed ship at that time.

I'm such a sucker for planar magnetic anything...
I believe it’s already for sale in Japan. So if you’re willing to import or are going to Japan anyway…

Boy do I hope we get back to hiring this year, we need tech people, but no news at all on the hiring front….

No kidding. Job wise I’m fine, but I’d rather things be better so I can make a move when I finish with grad school.

Jan 19, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #59,847 of 62,483
Just received my TRN BT30 and I'm using them with my Sennheiser IE 300 with the connectors shaved down.

Quick review: The distortion that the BT20XS had is gone as far as I can tell and mine don't have the reverse polarity problem someone else mentioned so that's good. The one thing I'm slightly disappointed by is the BT30 seems to lack some bass punch compared to wired, but it's not the worst thing in the world.

I think I'm gonna enjoy these. I always wanted to make my IE 300 wireless and now I have that dream.

Jan 19, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #59,848 of 62,483
I'm considering getting the S24 Ultra as well! Just the fact that the S24 will have 7 years of OS and security updates, while my current Xperia 1V will get 1 more major update...Sure I'm not likely too keep it for 7 years, but it makes it have such a good resale value as well.
I am trading in my S23 ultra for the S24 ultra. The flat screen is the most important feature that I want. As for codec goes, my newly favorite TWS is Noble Fokus H-ANC and it only support SBC and AAC, so it basically works with anything.

Jan 19, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #59,849 of 62,483
I am trading in my S23 ultra for the S24 ultra. The flat screen is the most important feature that I want. As for codec goes, my newly favorite TWS is Noble Fokus H-ANC and it only support SBC and AAC, so it basically works with anything.
Have a 23 ultra myself.

From what I've read the trade in value Samsung is offering was pretty minimal?

Jan 19, 2024 at 6:36 PM Post #59,850 of 62,483
Have a 23 ultra myself.

From what I've read the trade in value Samsung is offering was pretty minimal?
Screenshot_20240119_153408_Gmail.jpg
Certainly lower than previous year but not too bad. Got $100 credit also in samsung store so I bought Galaxy Fe buds and a 25W charging brick for around $95 total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back