Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 18, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #59,822 of 62,484
The Android Dev Options BT Codecs page means POOP, look at this.

Not greyed out and my phone in no way supports aptX Adaptive (Moto Z2 Force), I can select it but refresh page and it is back to default.

Screenshot_20240118-203636.png

This is accurate:

Screenshot_20240118-204118.png

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #59,823 of 62,484
The Android Dev Options BT Codecs page means POOP, look at this.

Not greyed out and my phone in no way supports aptX Adaptive (Moto Z2 Force), I can select it but refresh page and it is back to default.

Screenshot_20240118-203636.png

This is accurate:

Screenshot_20240118-204118.png
How do I see that?

Jan 18, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #59,825 of 62,484
Well, I just invested in their Indiegogo campaign for early bird pricing at 200 dollars (confirmed they ship to US for 10 bucks more). I've had success with other Indiegogo headphone buying, so why not try a company that's had several high quality releases? Apparently, they're shipping in March, so I guess I can report back then if they do indeed ship at that time.

I'm such a sucker for planar magnetic anything...
I did place an early bird purchase on the TE-ZX1 but will be cancelling. Just bought the full price TE-ZX1 "PNK" tuned one at full price from Aviot JP directly. That PNK tuning makes a difference

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240118-130348_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240118-130348_Chrome.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 0
Jan 18, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #59,826 of 62,484
I did place an early bird purchase on the TE-ZX1 but will be cancelling. Just bought the full price TE-ZX1 "PNK" tuned one at full price from Aviot JP directly. That PNK tuning makes a difference
I just placed an early bird order as well. I'm tempted by the PNK version esp in that it's black - and apologies for asking a dumb question - but is the PNK tuning a default tuning that can then be mucked with via the equalizer, or what is the difference exactly that results in different sound between the PNK and non-PNK TE-ZX1?

Jan 18, 2024 at 7:44 PM Post #59,828 of 62,484
Decided to tip roll on the MP-20TWS. Found they accepted the AZ60 tips and a couple others. Sony hybrid sort of fit but the lips on the nozzle is pretty small so not sure I would trust they would not come loose.

One tip I have is slightly wider bore and slightly bigger but softer than the supplied medium. So slightly better seal while a bit more comfy. End result is slightly more open and even more detailed sound.

AZ60 tips have a bit of foam in them to keep out ear gunck plus they move the driver slightly further away. End result slightly less harsh and a bit less detail as a result. Anyone who finds these go over the edge for upper mids and lower treble might like a tips like the AZ60.

Jan 18, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #59,830 of 62,484
Thought the person i quoted was referring to Samsung devices.
I quoted the wrong person... my bad :frowning2:

Ived edited my post it was suppose to be a reply to
I thought the Pixel did not support anything higher than basic APTx as well?

Helmut is all over it though, I'll leave it to them to discuss

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 3:02 AM Post #59,831 of 62,484
It's really frustrating as an Android user these days...There are so many sacrifices that you must make in order to have access to a device that supports aptx adaptive/lossless...

Samsung and Google are both out of the question, both which now supports software updates to 7 years along with many proprietary features.

Sony is an option, but they come with a few caveats, like the fact that you'll only get 2 major android updates, the updates also tends to be available much later than Samsung/Google. Also since Google has invested more in its own Pixel features, the base Android software sees fewer and fewer updates each year. I remember how my Xperia 1V got the Android 14 update, I could literally count all the visible changes on one hand.

Then there's ASUS, which just like Sony also are awful when it comes to software updates, the camera software is terrible as well, and barely any carrier in the western world have a partnership with ASUS. Meaning you'll have to pay for it in full price, and unlike Samsung there's almost never any good discounts.

The only other option if you want a flagship device is a china device, usually imported, which presents its own major drawbacks. Many phones from Chinese OEM's tends to a software that's a poor copy of IOS.
With you here. I'm on an Xperia for all the reasons given above, but I'm strongly considering going back to the Samsung S24 Ultra series as a better overall phone experience. My choice of phone should not be dictated by codec support, particularly, in Samsung's case, when it is using a Snapdragon chipset in all Ultra devices worldwide.

Jan 19, 2024 at 4:46 AM Post #59,832 of 62,484
With you here. I'm on an Xperia for all the reasons given above, but I'm strongly considering going back to the Samsung S24 Ultra series as a better overall phone experience. My choice of phone should not be dictated by codec support, particularly, in Samsung's case, when it is using a Snapdragon chipset in all Ultra devices worldwide.
I'm considering getting the S24 Ultra as well! Just the fact that the S24 will have 7 years of OS and security updates, while my current Xperia 1V will get 1 more major update...Sure I'm not likely too keep it for 7 years, but it makes it have such a good resale value as well.

Jan 19, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #59,834 of 62,484
So I have the Pixel Fold and the Pixel 8 Pro. I have pre-ordered the S24 Ultra but have been on the fence whether I am going to cancel it or not.

I am proud of myself over the past three years I have limited myself to Samsung and Google, always have two(one for backup). I used to get any where from 3-5 a year depending on other makers offerings.

This years Pixel has given me zero problems and like the way the AI is baked in. Overall it has been a great experience.

From the audio standpoint Samsung should do more with their Qualcomm chipset. Here is on interesting article;

https://www.headphonesty.com/2024/01/samsung-s24-lossless-audio-support-compatible-earbuds/

Samsung can piss you off knowing that the chipsets can offer so much more, but they never include it. Possibly trying to sell their own buds and use their own SSC. I will say it did sound good on the S23 Ultra when I had it.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #59,835 of 62,484

Users who are viewing this thread

Back