Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 18, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #59,806 of 62,214
Some Aviot ZX1 news. They won't make the originally planned jan. 24th release date. now it will be shipping in Feb. Price converts to about $349. Today is $340. They will have 8 hours battery life, 20 with the case.
1704897558029.png
https://aviot-jp.translate.goog/product/te-zx1/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Well, I just invested in their Indiegogo campaign for early bird pricing at 200 dollars (confirmed they ship to US for 10 bucks more). I've had success with other Indiegogo headphone buying, so why not try a company that's had several high quality releases? Apparently, they're shipping in March, so I guess I can report back then if they do indeed ship at that time.

I'm such a sucker for planar magnetic anything...

Jan 18, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #59,808 of 62,214
Thinking of getting the S24 ultra for all the new AI features and newer Bluetooth. My Note 20 ultra is ok still just getting a itch to upgrade.
no AptX - grab the Pixel 8 Pro, the AI features are far more refined.

Jan 18, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #59,809 of 62,214
no AptX - grab the Pixel 8 Pro, the AI features are far more refined.
Samsung supports the basic APTx just not HD, Adaptive, or lossless. I thought the Pixel did not support anything higher than basic APTx as well?

Jan 18, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #59,810 of 62,214
Well, I just invested in their Indiegogo campaign for early bird pricing at 200 dollars (confirmed they ship to US for 10 bucks more). I've had success with other Indiegogo headphone buying, so why not try a company that's had several high quality releases? Apparently, they're shipping in March, so I guess I can report back then if they do indeed ship at that time.

I'm such a sucker for planar magnetic anything...
Damn! They got me with the Cowboy Bebop. I am now #12 out of 30 early birds https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/world-first-5-driver-wireless-earbuds-from-japan#/

Jan 18, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #59,811 of 62,214
So these control the devices volume or like FiiO devices only their own volume (max the devices and adjust from earbuds)?

If the former and the volume steps are lacking you can change this in PowerAmp (possibly in Dev Options also) to your liking and may work on these Mackie's.
Hmmm, will try that out...

Jan 18, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #59,812 of 62,214
Samsung supports the basic APTx just not HD, Adaptive, or lossless. I thought the Pixel did not support anything higher than basic APTx as well?
I believe Google has added both Aptx HD, and Opus since they're both now part of the ASOP... Samsung could do the same, without paying a dime, but so far they've refused.

Jan 18, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #59,813 of 62,214
Ahhhhhh, OK did not realize that! So Samsung added Opus and LC3 then pulled them and continues to block APTx HD as well. Pretty damn sad.

Might need to start saving for my next phone so I can get off the cell providers LIMITED list of devices they sell/subsidize...

Jan 18, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #59,814 of 62,214
It supports AptX and AptXHD, but nothing else, those require a qualcomm chipset

the cameras are also quite a bit better, especially in lower light and/or with moving subjects in less than ideal light. The video is especially better with video boost for lower light videos.

Jan 18, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #59,815 of 62,214
Ahhhhhh, OK did not realize that! So Samsung added Opus and LC3 then pulled them and continues to block APTx HD as well. Pretty damn sad.

Might need to start saving for my next phone so I can get off the cell providers LIMITED list of devices they sell/subsidize...
I think someone else here mentioned using LE Audio on Samsung. If so then that is using LC3. It's different from what shows up in Developer Options.

Jan 18, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #59,816 of 62,214
It supports AptX and AptXHD, but nothing else, those require a qualcomm chipset

the cameras are also quite a bit better, especially in lower light and/or with moving subjects in less than ideal light. The video is especially better with video boost for lower light videos.

No, it doesn't support Aptx HD, which shouldn't require a qualcomm so since it's now part of ASOP.

https://www.androidpolice.com/qualcomm-aptx-hd-open-source/

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #59,817 of 62,214

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240119-060453.png
    Screenshot_20240119-060453.png
    216.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #59,818 of 62,214
It's really frustrating as an Android user these days...There are so many sacrifices that you must make in order to have access to a device that supports aptx adaptive/lossless...

Samsung and Google are both out of the question, both which now supports software updates to 7 years along with many proprietary features.

Sony is an option, but they come with a few caveats, like the fact that you'll only get 2 major android updates, the updates also tends to be available much later than Samsung/Google. Also since Google has invested more in its own Pixel features, the base Android software sees fewer and fewer updates each year. I remember how my Xperia 1V got the Android 14 update, I could literally count all the visible changes on one hand.

Then there's ASUS, which just like Sony also are awful when it comes to software updates, the camera software is terrible as well, and barely any carrier in the western world have a partnership with ASUS. Meaning you'll have to pay for it in full price, and unlike Samsung there's almost never any good discounts.

The only other option if you want a flagship device is a china device, usually imported, which presents its own major drawbacks. Many phones from Chinese OEM's tends to a software that's a poor copy of IOS.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #59,820 of 62,214

Users who are viewing this thread

Back