Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 5, 2024 at 8:39 PM Post #59,447 of 62,478
Does anyone with the Bose QC2 have any confidence that Bose will actually follow through with that Hi-res update they promised what seems like a long time ago.
I have the Ultras as well so it's technically on these but it would be nice that promises where followed through.
See my text earlier. I you can’t turn ANC off on the Bose (also Apple), I’m not sure how much of a sound improvement there would be. You’re still fighting a frequency canceling circuit in the chain. Yes Bose does a pretty good job matching sound per cancellation, but it ain’t hires.

Jan 5, 2024 at 10:00 PM Post #59,448 of 62,478
See my text earlier. I you can’t turn ANC off on the Bose (also Apple), I’m not sure how much of a sound improvement there would be. You’re still fighting a frequency canceling circuit in the chain. Yes Bose does a pretty good job matching sound per cancellation, but it ain’t hires.
It would be nice if they followed through on what they said they would do regardless of how "hi-res" the sound is. I do enjoy the the Ultras and use them a lot.

Jan 6, 2024 at 2:18 AM Post #59,449 of 62,478
Hello,

Since many years I was wired IEM team. However, about 2 months ago I bought Sivga S01 - open back wireless earbuds for sport - running, cycling etc.
Despite the drawbacks of its construction the lack of cable and ease of use is amazing. I use them much more frequent than I expected.

Here I ask you guys for a help.
I was in love with my Thieaudio Oracle MKI until they broke, now I have Aful Performer 5, which I also like a lot.
Can you recommend me some TWS which are somehow similar to one of these "around Harman" tuning? The technical capability is not a top priority as these two as well are not sniper-like accurate.
AKG N400 looks interesing.

There is also one thing - I really appreciate a good outside noise isolation as it allows me to enjoy music more during the walks. However, my experience with BOSE ANC was bad - I felt a huge discomfort with its ANC on, I "felt" like it was not silence but something weird which drills my brain. Are there some TWS with "moderate" ANC to improve the noise isolation but also reddusing this strange feeling?
To keep it simple, Samsung.

To be a little more specific, the earlier Samsung Buds and Buds+. Still both very good even today. Beware of fakes!

Jan 6, 2024 at 5:00 AM Post #59,451 of 62,478
Hello,

Since many years I was wired IEM team. However, about 2 months ago I bought Sivga S01 - open back wireless earbuds for sport - running, cycling etc.
Despite the drawbacks of its construction the lack of cable and ease of use is amazing. I use them much more frequent than I expected.

Here I ask you guys for a help.
I was in love with my Thieaudio Oracle MKI until they broke, now I have Aful Performer 5, which I also like a lot.
Can you recommend me some TWS which are somehow similar to one of these "around Harman" tuning? The technical capability is not a top priority as these two as well are not sniper-like accurate.
AKG N400 looks interesing.

There is also one thing - I really appreciate a good outside noise isolation as it allows me to enjoy music more during the walks. However, my experience with BOSE ANC was bad - I felt a huge discomfort with its ANC on, I "felt" like it was not silence but something weird which drills my brain. Are there some TWS with "moderate" ANC to improve the noise isolation but also reddusing this strange feeling?
How about 1More Q30?

https://regancipher.squig.link/?share=1More_Q30

Close to Harman tuning and multiple ANC modes

Jan 6, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #59,452 of 62,478
I only have the Freebuds Pro 2 so I can't compare. To me the Aurvana provides much more detail and clarity but I'm wondering if my ears are so shot that I just don't hear same on the FBP :thinking:. But as they say, to each their own!
I also have FBP2 and Ace2.
I just tried quickly on my iphone, and at a glance i preferred the Ace2.

Instead, on my Hiby M300 DAP, i can’t have them to connect via aptxHD or Adaptive…just Aptx, not sure why. :frowning2:

Built quality, Huawei hands down

Jan 6, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #59,453 of 62,478
Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #59,454 of 62,478
Jan 6, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #59,456 of 62,478
Just received my Ace 2, fairly quick shipping from Creative Sides.

First i installed the firmware update. The App not connecting with LE Audio seem like a huge afterthought but whatever. Activated LE Audio afterwards on my Pixel 8 Pro.

Build quality is fine. Only thing bothering me is the lid opening feeling very unsatisfying but otherwise it works. Didnt feel as dense as i would have liked in general but for that you get one of the best looking cases on the market.

Cant test Anc right now but after a bit of adjusting they seem quite effective by initial impression.

Sound is interesting with these. With ANC the whole bass area is a bit too boomy for taste. Also there is a lack of airiness and brilliance in comparison to what i normally like. The bass and treble are quite intimate with the mids being slightly further away which can be distracting with some tracks. The resolution and detail of these is still quite a step up from what i heard so far and especially the treble is quite astonishing for a TWS Bud, even though i feel like they could be tuned better. Without ANC they get a lot better with the Boom getting less strong and a feeling lg the treble opening up a bit. In general these are probably the best ANC Buds ive listened to in terms of sound quality but tbh im still not sure if thats enough.

Gonna need more testing, just wanted to give my initial impressions.

Jan 7, 2024 at 4:33 AM Post #59,457 of 62,478
Last edited:
Jan 7, 2024 at 5:07 AM Post #59,458 of 62,478
Just received my Ace 2, fairly quick shipping from Creative Sides.

First i installed the firmware update. The App not connecting with LE Audio seem like a huge afterthought but whatever. Activated LE Audio afterwards on my Pixel 8 Pro.

Build quality is fine. Only thing bothering me is the lid opening feeling very unsatisfying but otherwise it works. Didnt feel as dense as i would have liked in general but for that you get one of the best looking cases on the market.

Cant test Anc right now but after a bit of adjusting they seem quite effective by initial impression.

Sound is interesting with these. With ANC the whole bass area is a bit too boomy for taste. Also there is a lack of airiness and brilliance in comparison to what i normally like. The bass and treble are quite intimate with the mids being slightly further away which can be distracting with some tracks. The resolution and detail of these is still quite a step up from what i heard so far and especially the treble is quite astonishing for a TWS Bud, even though i feel like they could be tuned better. Without ANC they get a lot better with the Boom getting less strong and a feeling lg the treble opening up a bit. In general these are probably the best ANC Buds ive listened to in terms of sound quality but tbh im still not sure if thats enough.

Gonna need more testing, just wanted to give my initial impressions.
Thanks.
I also report a boomy bass.
I changed the onboard EQ decreasing lower frequencies a bit (screenshot) and it slightly fixed the issue.
Thinking of doing a better parametric EQ in poweramp but until i fix the issue of codec, i’ll wait.
Just for my knowledge, can you connect via Aptx Adaptive on your phone?

Jan 7, 2024 at 5:34 AM Post #59,459 of 62,478
Thanks.
I also report a boomy bass.
I changed the onboard EQ decreasing lower frequencies a bit (screenshot) and it slightly fixed the issue.
Thinking of doing a better parametric EQ in poweramp but until i fix the issue of codec, i’ll wait.
Just for my knowledge, can you connect via Aptx Adaptive on your phone?
Unfortunately the Pixel 8 Pro doesnt support Aptx Adaptive. Codecs i can choose from are LE Audio (LC3), aptx, aac, sbc with aptx hd not being available

Jan 7, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #59,460 of 62,478
I need to be honest though, i dont think i will keep the Ace 2.

The sound quality really is crazy good, like best ive heard for my taste good.
But there are two issues i really cant deal with in my anc buds.
1. The LE Audio connects but i very often need to turn off/on the bluetooth on my phone to play sounds. Reliability is so important with anc buds for me so this is a huge L.
2. Wind noises. I dont think a specific wind mode would help her because the mics are just positioned in a way that takes any windnoise to the max. Its really unbearable even when you are just slowly walking. I just need my anc buds to work all the time as intended and dont piss me off in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back