Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 5, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #59,431 of 62,483
I saw this while scrolling through my FB feed, it is an advertisement. Immediately I was like whoa, crazy shape for a new TWS, let me look into it. It was for a massage gun called Theragun mini lol

ezgif-7-c71c889714.jpg

Jan 5, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #59,432 of 62,483
I saw this while scrolling through my FB feed, it is an advertisement. Immediately I was like whoa, crazy shape for a new TWS, let me look into it. It was for a massage gun called Theragun mini lol

ezgif-7-c71c889714.jpg
I own it! Love it. Just tried, it doesn't fit in my ear.

Jan 5, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #59,433 of 62,483
My ears don't agree. Freebuds are better in every way be it sound, build and features.

They obliterate the regular Ace hands down to me, no questions. They sound wider, more detailed, airy, bass is much faster and less bloated.. add in much better ANC and the dynamic ear EQ and all the other features. Really no contest for me so far.

I guess for me it's probably down to a more mature set up with the planar + DD that Huawei have and tuning over 3 in the Freebuds series.
I only have the Freebuds Pro 2 so I can't compare. To me the Aurvana provides much more detail and clarity but I'm wondering if my ears are so shot that I just don't hear same on the FBP :thinking:. But as they say, to each their own!

Jan 5, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #59,435 of 62,483
I only have the Freebuds Pro 2 so I can't compare. To me the Aurvana provides much more detail and clarity but I'm wondering if my ears are so shot that I just don't hear same on the FBP :thinking:. But as they say, to each their own!
Oh 100%, definitely each to their own. My ears definitely prefer the FP3 for sure so far. I'll give the Ace some more time next week but the FP3 are a much more solid and 'full' package for the money.

That's not to say the Ace are bad, not at all. I can definitely see xMems becoming very common this year and the more mature it gets along with better codecs/streaming tech, it's going to be exciting to see what comes next!

Jan 5, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #59,437 of 62,483
The the thread would be even larger as nearly everyone quotes the post above them when there is no real need if you post right bellow it and imagine it was on paper what a waste.
I very much prefer when folks quote so I know who is asking/talking to me. With so many messages, sometimes it's hard to follow otherwise.

Jan 5, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #59,438 of 62,483
MP-20TWS update.

As I use these I am noticing a very slight change is sound from ANC/Wind/OFF. The bass is slightly less impact full when off and treble is ever so slightly different between ANC and Wind. None of the changes are severe and volume stays the same.

If you switch the ANC to Wind or Off the device remembers this the next time you use them. If you enable ambient and then turn it off the message is determined by which mode your using, ie. If your using wind and enable ambient it says using ambient, then if you turn it off it says Wind Noise Reduction, if you turn ANC off it would then say Noise Cancelling Off, if ANC is on, it would then say Noice Cancelling On.

Not a big fan of volume control as it make a large change when used. So I find I often have to pull out the phone and tweak the volume to get a more subtle change.

ZERO option to use these as a mono device. The manual explicitly warns you can not charge one ear piece while using the other one.

Still loving the sound quality, a very resolving TWS.

Jan 5, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #59,439 of 62,483
Yup, but after seeing those measurements, I reserve the right to be skeptical. Lack of high treble doesn't necessarily mean they don't sound crisp, but rather that they may lack air and stage may feel small. Gonna see for myself, that's why I ordered them. There's no risk involved, worst case I have to pay return shipping to Creative.
Hey James really enjoy reading your views. When I first got the creative ace 2 I dialed down the bass a whole lot but after testing a fair bit I now actually like to use the default flat eq.

It’s a little boomy but therein lies the charm of this hybrid as it’s so inviting on many genres and especially with movies. I think the treble punches way above its weight and I now rate this over the Sony xm5s.

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #59,440 of 62,483
I‘ll just put this here…. If you have a TWS that allows ANC to be turned off/on and don’t hear much difference? Then the ANC is probably weak, or the overall SQ is most likely not that great anyway. All things equal, ANC will affect the sound, in fact it must. I think some company can put forth a TWS product that’s pure sound, with zero bells/whistles…., but the volumes won’t be there. Ya have to try and make those R/D expense’s back, unless it’s a test bed for a new platform..

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #59,441 of 62,483
Sooo tempted to order the ZE 8000 mk2 (they're finally on Amazon here)...Can't imagine how great they'll sound given how they apparently even improved on the excellent predecessor. But man the price + battery life is just brutal...1 year of heavy listing will probably make them have around 2.5-3h of battery after a full charge...Which would be fine if the asking price wasn't that high, but they're on the high end of the pricing tier...

It's pretty sad since the battery life could have been so much better by utilizing a newer SoC and slightly increase the battery size given that it sits on the outside of the ear anyway. Also the case is also rather big without even having QI...

Buut the first gens were one of those very few true wireless earbuds that made you want to listen simply because they sounded so darn good, as oppose to just listen in order to pass time or block out sound. Like with my AZ80s...they're excellent earbuds, probably the most well rounded so far on the market, but they never make me want to listen to music, I just use them for convenience sake (which they again are extremely excellent as).

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #59,443 of 62,483
Hello,

Since many years I was wired IEM team. However, about 2 months ago I bought Sivga S01 - open back wireless earbuds for sport - running, cycling etc.
Despite the drawbacks of its construction the lack of cable and ease of use is amazing. I use them much more frequent than I expected.

Here I ask you guys for a help.
I was in love with my Thieaudio Oracle MKI until they broke, now I have Aful Performer 5, which I also like a lot.
Can you recommend me some TWS which are somehow similar to one of these "around Harman" tuning? The technical capability is not a top priority as these two as well are not sniper-like accurate.
AKG N400 looks interesing.

There is also one thing - I really appreciate a good outside noise isolation as it allows me to enjoy music more during the walks. However, my experience with BOSE ANC was bad - I felt a huge discomfort with its ANC on, I "felt" like it was not silence but something weird which drills my brain. Are there some TWS with "moderate" ANC to improve the noise isolation but also reddusing this strange feeling?

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #59,444 of 62,483
Hello,

Since many years I was wired IEM team. However, about 2 months ago I bought Sivga S01 - open back wireless earbuds for sport - running, cycling etc.
Despite the drawbacks of its construction the lack of cable and ease of use is amazing. I use them much more frequent than I expected.

Here I ask you guys for a help.
I was in love with my Thieaudio Oracle MKI until they broke, now I have Aful Performer 5, which I also like a lot.
Can you recommend me some TWS which are somehow similar to one of these "around Harman" tuning? The technical capability is not a top priority as these two as well are not sniper-like accurate.
AKG N400 looks interesing.

There is also one thing - I really appreciate a good outside noise isolation as it allows me to enjoy music more during the walks. However, my experience with BOSE ANC was bad - I felt a huge discomfort with its ANC on, I "felt" like it was not silence but something weird which drills my brain. Are there some TWS with "moderate" ANC to improve the noise isolation but also reddusing this strange feeling?
The two In-Ear you mentioned have an very typical chinese tuning. If you want an tuning like that, you should go for an In-Ear from an chinese maker. Most of these have this typical "reduced lower mids, pushed upper mids/lower treble" tuning.

Most german/us/japanese makers are not conform to this target but of course, there are always exceptions. The FiiO FA9 doesn't have this typical chinese tuning even though its from an chinese maker while non-chinese In-ear exist that have these tuning.

But as a rule of thumb, you are safe with an chinese maker for the most part. So something like Moondrop and similar will most likely fit your need

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #59,445 of 62,483
Does anyone with the Bose QC2 have any confidence that Bose will actually follow through with that Hi-res update they promised what seems like a long time ago.
I have the Ultras as well so it's technically on these but it would be nice that promises where followed through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back