Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 8, 2024 at 6:31 AM Post #59,476 of 62,477
Remarkable how they still use this monstrosity of a case for the Momentum 4. They had a much better case with the CX yet they **** it up with every Momentum. As a guy who doesnt always carry a bag with me, this is an instant dealbreaker.

Momentum Sport look very very interesting for sports but with a semi open design probably not the right pick for every day carry.

Very disappointed, was really looking forward to this release. Guess for me this means i still have to wait for other releases

Jan 8, 2024 at 7:04 AM Post #59,477 of 62,477
Remarkable how they still use this monstrosity of a case for the Momentum 4. They had a much better case with the CX yet they **** it up with every Momentum. As a guy who doesnt always carry a bag with me, this is an instant dealbreaker.

Momentum Sport look very very interesting for sports but with a semi open design probably not the right pick for every day carry.

Very disappointed, was really looking forward to this release. Guess for me this means i still have to wait for other releases
I am a little disappointed in one sense but relieved that my wallet is safe and that I can continue to revel in the Fokus Prestige and it's amazing sound and looks.

Jan 8, 2024 at 7:34 AM Post #59,478 of 62,477
Hi all,

I just came back from a trip to Tokyo and spent some time at the e-ephone store in Akiba.

I went with the need to replace my old in the tooth, Noble Falcon Pros that don't hold much charge after 2.5 years of constant use. Given the weak yen and 10% tax that can be avoided, I had to get a new pair of TWS. I went with an open mind but had done basic research and narrowed it down to the following. I have provided my feedback below based on testing each one for at least 15mins with 5 tracks that best reflect my musical preferences (lil Durk - All My Life, Shin Yong Jae - First Line, Keane - Black Burning Heart, Kavinsky - Testarossa, JVKE - Golden Hour). It's only a short listen but it was enough to base my purchase at the end.

Denon Perl Pro (~46,000 yen, inc. 10% tax)
Connected well, basic/solid case with ease of removal/insertion, light buds but look BIG like mini-dishes, good fit and stays in the ear, even without the personalization the sound was impressive and very clean across the entire low/med/highs, 8hr battery life sounded good to me, I thought I hit the winner with my first test.......but there was a hint of thin-ness to the sound that I couldn't shake off.....

Noble Falcon Max (~44,000 yen, inc. 10% tax)
It looks like a fatter/shiner version of my Falcon Pros, connected well, the case is much better than the old box design but still with super cheap plastic feel and the buds were hard to get in/out, the fit wasn't great (needed smaller tips? but I assume the store fitted mediums to them all?) and didn't feel as locked-in as the Denon's, the sound was good with clean/punchy meds and just about sufficient bass but I found abit of harsh sibilance that needs to be eq'd down and the overall volume was quite limited as I had to max out to achieve the desired level of listening (I would say that it is 80/85% of the Denon's), given this volume issue I was worried about the stated battery life of 4.5hrs as that would get worse with use of higher volumes.....I can see the potential of mems combined with a DD but the battery life may be a big issue for some.

Noble FoKus Pretisge (~103,000, inc. 10% tax)
This is the big boy of the bunch.....Both the buds and case look amazing and the buds were relatively ok to get in/out, both are a bit bulky compared to the above but the buds fit very well into my ear, it connected well, the sound was amazing with a super fun v-shaped profile that made me smile with the rumble that it produced and there were bags of head-room on the volume, 10hr stated battery life was impressive and would help prolong the life of this TWS beyond 2/3 years even if it only holds 50% of the charge (i.e. I could still use the buds for 5hrs even after afew years!)

Devialet Gemini II (did not check)
Could not connect with my phone after many attempts.....I assume that the last tester didn't delete his BT connection? Sad not to be able to hear it but it was out of the competition :frowning2:

The end result?........ I couldn't resist the fun sound and looks of the Noble FoKus Prestige but it was a close call with the Denons. I voted with my heart and not my brain given it was a xmas present to myself! I will upload my longer-term review of the Prestige after a few weeks of hard use.

Note: This is my first proper post so hope the above is suitable for such a thread....Mod> please move to another thread if required.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 8:08 AM Post #59,479 of 62,477
I hope Creative updates their app soon as they said they would.
It somehow almost seems like the app has two different "profiles" set up, because it's almost like every other time I get... okay, the EQ's aren't named like this but let's just say it for convenience's sake:

So the first time I connect to my phone get all my EQ's but the one called "Juturna EQ 1", and that's the only one I can find in the app, with 7 others I made missing.
The next time I connect to my phone I have EQ's "Juturna EQ 2" all the way to "Juturna EQ 8", but not the one called "Juturna EQ 1", and then the next time I connect them to my phone it's the same as the first example, only the "EQ 1" is there. Really weird, honestly.
I have a similar problem.
I create an EQ on my Creative app account, on my iphone.
When i go to my Android DAP, same Creative account, the EQ i created on my iphone is nowhere to be found…
In any case, it looks like it got uploaded in the Ace 2 on my iphone, since when i open on my DAP the EQ says “onboard”, but have no option to select it or modify it.

Jan 8, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #59,480 of 62,477
Thanks.
I also report a boomy bass.
I changed the onboard EQ decreasing lower frequencies a bit (screenshot) and it slightly fixed the issue.
Thinking of doing a better parametric EQ in poweramp but until i fix the issue of codec, i’ll wait.
Just for my knowledge, can you connect via Aptx Adaptive on your phone?
For the sake of anyone having the same problem, by doing a factory reset of the DAP Hiby M300, the adaptive aptx gots useable!:)

Jan 8, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #59,481 of 62,477
Hi all,

I just came back from a trip to Tokyo and spent some time at the e-ephone store in Akiba.

I went with the need to replace my old in the tooth, Noble Falcon Pros that don't hold much charge after 2.5 years of constant use. Given the weak yen and 10% tax that can be avoided, I had to get a new pair of TWS. I went with an open mind but had done basic research and narrowed it down to the following. I have provided my feedback below based on testing each one for at least 15mins with 5 tracks that best reflect my musical preferences (lil Durk - All My Life, Shin Yong Jae - First Line, Keane - Black Burning Heart, Kavinsky - Testarossa, JVKE - Golden Hour). It's only a short listen but it was enough to base my purchase at the end.

Denon Perl Pro (~46,000 yen, inc. 10% tax)
Connected well, basic/solid case with ease of removal/insertion, light buds but look BIG like mini-dishes, good fit and stays in the ear, even without the personalization the sound was impressive and very clean across the entire low/med/highs, 8hr battery life sounded good to me, I thought I hit the winner with my first test.......but there was a hint of thin-ness to the sound that I couldn't shake off.....

Noble Falcon Max (~44,000 yen, inc. 10% tax)
It looks like a fatter/shiner version of my Falcon Pros, connected well, the case is much better than the old box design but still with super cheap plastic feel and the buds were hard to get in/out, the fit wasn't great (needed smaller tips? but I assume the store fitted mediums to them all?) and didn't feel as locked-in as the Denon's, the sound was good with clean/punchy meds and just about sufficient bass but I found abit of harsh sibilance that needs to be eq'd down and the overall volume was quite limited as I had to max out to achieve the desired level of listening (I would say that it is 80/85% of the Denon's), given this volume issue I was worried about the stated battery life of 4.5hrs as that would get worse with use of higher volumes.....I can see the potential of mems combined with a DD but the battery life may be a big issue for some.

Noble FoKus Pretisge (~103,000, inc. 10% tax)
This is the big boy of the bunch.....Both the buds and case look amazing and the buds were relatively ok to get in/out, both are a bit bulky compared to the above but the buds fit very well into my ear, it connected well, the sound was amazing with a super fun v-shaped profile that made me smile with the rumble that it produced and there were bags of head-room on the volume, 10hr stated battery life was impressive and would help prolong the life of this TWS beyond 2/3 years even if it only holds 50% of the charge (i.e. I could still use the buds for 5hrs even after afew years!)

Devialet Gemini II (did not check)
Could not connect with my phone after many attempts.....I assume that the last tester didn't delete his BT connection? Sad not to be able to hear it but it was out of the competition :frowning2:

The end result?........ I couldn't resist the fun sound and looks of the Noble FoKus Prestige but it was a close call with the Denons. I voted with my heart and not my brain given it was a xmas present to myself! I will upload my longer-term review of the Prestige after a few weeks of hard use.

Note: This is my first proper post so hope the above is suitable for such a thread....Mod> please move to another thread if required.
Looking forward to more impressions of the Prestige. I'm still loving mine!

Jan 8, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #59,482 of 62,477
Jan 8, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #59,483 of 62,477
Strange that both CNet and Senn's pages for these have been taken down already
Not strange. They jumped the gun. The Senn presser is live at 3:30EST today. Should have gone up at around that time and probably will pop up again then.
1704726057228.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #59,484 of 62,477
Shame there's no design change in any way for the MTW4 :/ Looks pretty much the same as the predecessors, really wish they do away with the cloth on the case! :frowning2:
IDK, my MTW3's fit me best out of dozens of units I own. These are on my radar, in fact, these will be my next ones. I was at Target yesterday to pick up the Apple APP2's (on sale for $189, but they were out of stock.. Now I'm glad, as these look like a better option for me.

Jan 8, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #59,485 of 62,477
Not strange. They jumped the gun. The Senn presser is live at 3:30EST today. Should have gone up at around that time and probably will pop up again then.
Found it :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #59,486 of 62,477
These Mackie MP-20TWS are actually damn good. I ordered them and the Fokus H-ANC at the same time, and these sound a LOT better than the H-ANC to my ears. Actually they sound better un-EQd with their stock tuning than the best sound I've managed to squeeze out of the H-ANC with EQ to my taste, and I haven't even tried EQ:ing the Mackies yet.

That sound is just so damn clear and balanced for being AAC. I could just imagine if these had LDAC or AptX Adaptive they would literally be the best ones I've heard.
The stock tuning is among the best I've heard. I pretty much ALWAYS EQ the crap out of my earbuds, but with these I don't need to. Vocals sound vivid yet airy, sub-bass is slightly pushed up, mid-bass slightly dialed back, with a little sparkle in the treble. Would say W-shaped sound, but I'm not entirely sure

Like it doesn't reinvent the wheel, and for people with the Fokus Prestige and whatnot might not be impressed, but for me it's just a surprise that on a first listen these guys can hang with the best of them even without fancy codecs, especially with ANC off. ANC on does change the sound for the worse, but it's not that bad.

Jan 8, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #59,487 of 62,477
These Mackie MP-20TWS are actually damn good. I ordered them and the Fokus H-ANC at the same time, and these sound a LOT better than the H-ANC to my ears. Actually they sound better un-EQd with their stock tuning than the best sound I've managed to squeeze out of the H-ANC with EQ to my taste, and I haven't even tried EQ:ing the Mackies yet.

That sound is just so damn clear and balanced for being AAC. I could just imagine if these had LDAC or AptX Adaptive they would literally be the best ones I've heard.
The stock tuning is among the best I've heard. I pretty much ALWAYS EQ the crap out of my earbuds, but with these I don't need to. Vocals sound vivid yet airy, sub-bass is slightly pushed up, mid-bass slightly dialed back, with a little sparkle in the treble. Would say W-shaped sound, but I'm not entirely sure

Like it doesn't reinvent the wheel, and for people with the Fokus Prestige and whatnot might not be impressed, but for me it's just a surprise that on a first listen these guys can hang with the best of them even without fancy codecs, especially with ANC off. ANC on does change the sound for the worse, but it's not that bad.
I know! I have them in my ears as I type! Very surprising how good they sound. Glad you could compare to the H-ANC, now I am really happy I just went with these. At the price I paid they are one of the best deals I have got in a few years.

It would be neat to see how good them could be with a hires codec...

I am happy the wind function works well given how much wind I have where I live.

I have used these for 3+ hours at a time and battery life was still sitting at 80%, so battery life claims appear to be legit as well.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #59,488 of 62,477
Interesting...

JBL Live Buds 3 have incorporated the touch screen and have finally added LDAC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back