Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 26, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #59,043 of 62,728
Did you get your pair yet? Curious what you think of them.

Should have done a search in this thread. @nekonhime posted on them a couple times back in January last year. His comments are concerning. Hopefully he just had a defective pair.
Got'em. Only listened to them for a few minutes, but initial impressions are basically that the sound quality, especially for 70 USD, is hella good. Minimal features is true. No app is kind of annoying. Haven't used them long enough to test out the battery yet, but I do know I heard 'low battery' out of the left ear after only a few minutes use. Not worried about it, honestly. I usually only use one ear at a time, so we'll see how this goes. Haven't tried the ANC, either. Or calls. As wireless earphones for listening to music, however, it's hard to complain.

Edit: read through the owners manual a bit. Seems like you're not supposed to use one ear while charging the other in the case? That's a downside for me, since I do that a lot.

Edit 2: I have to say. From a pure sound quality perspective, these seem like a bargain. Paid 70 USD for these. Paid 250 USD for the XM4, and while those have other features that have made it worth the purchase - save the stupidly annoying battery issue - if you're buying just for listening purposes, these seem like a bargain. Having said that, I have only had these in my possession for an hour or two thus far and am actually currently charging it since it came with a relatively low charge. I still can't speak to literally any other feature that isn't 'listening to music'.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #59,044 of 62,728
The more I listen to the Aurvanas Ace, the more impressed I become. On a pure listening test, you might think these have elite tier sound. Sadly they have "delete tier" controls, but eh, who really cares?

If you listen to metal, you've got to try some xMems. At $150 I don't think you can go wrong taking a shot with these, given they have the same driver as the $300 Falcons and Fokus, whatever price that is. Just be sure to shut off ANC.

Dec 26, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #59,045 of 62,728
The more I listen to the Aurvanas Ace, the more impressed I become. On a pure listening test, you might think these have elite tier sound. Sadly they have "delete tier" controls, but eh, who really cares?

If you listen to metal, you've got to try some xMems. At $150 I don't think you can go wrong taking a shot with these, given they have the same driver as the $300 Falcons and Fokus, whatever price that is. Just be sure to shut off ANC.
I for sure will. I've just been burned by my hopes with Creative. I'm worried I'll go for it and then go for the return. But you know me, I just might (probably will) kick the tires. I love my metal.

Dec 26, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #59,046 of 62,728
Got'em. Only listened to them for a few minutes, but initial impressions are basically that the sound quality, especially for 70 USD, is hella good. Minimal features is true. No app is kind of annoying. Haven't used them long enough to test out the battery yet, but I do know I heard 'low battery' out of the left ear after only a few minutes use. Not worried about it, honestly. I usually only use one ear at a time, so we'll see how this goes. Haven't tried the ANC, either. Or calls. As wireless earphones for listening to music, however, it's hard to complain.

Edit: read through the owners manual a bit. Seems like you're not supposed to use one ear while charging the other in the case? That's a downside for me, since I do that a lot.

Edit 2: I have to say. From a pure sound quality perspective, these seem like a bargain. Paid 70 USD for these. Paid 250 USD for the XM4, and while those have other features that have made it worth the purchase - save the stupidly annoying battery issue - if you're buying just for listening purposes, these seem like a bargain. Having said that, I have only had these in my possession for an hour or two thus far and am actually currently charging it since it came with a relatively low charge. I still can't speak to literally any other feature that isn't 'listening to music'.
Did you charge them before you heard the low battery or was that straight out of the box?

The Svanar Wireless is a $650CAD TWS with no app (does have LDAC though). They just released an AAC/SBC model for a couple hundred off. So if these compete with those then its one hell of a deal... my pair will ship tomorrow, so will see early in January.

Dec 26, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #59,047 of 62,728
Dec 26, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #59,048 of 62,728
Did you charge them before you heard the low battery or was that straight out of the box?

The Svanar Wireless is a $650CAD TWS with no app (does have LDAC though). They just released an AAC/SBC model for a couple hundred off. So if these compete with those then its one hell of a deal... my pair will ship tomorrow, so will see early in January.
That was straight out of the box. I had to charge the case, then [I assume] the earphones themselves got charged. So as of this typing, everything should be fully charged. So I will eventually test out battery life later. Like I said, the owner's manual seems to advise against using one earbud while the other is charging in the case which is almost exactly the way I use the XM4s, so these I will use together. We'll see how this goes.

Not heard the Svanar Wireless. 500 USD is a lot though. Unless I see something different, I eventually plan on buying the MW09, which itself is on the pricey side for me.

Edit: for 70 USD, if the battery life holds up and the things don't die on me after a year or two, I'd say these might be a decent bargain given the sound quality. At the time, I was also considering the Sony C700N, which I think is 90 USD at Best Buy right now. I had wanted a cheap tws to use, and so far, these fit the bill.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #59,049 of 62,728
Talk about the Mackie a year ago: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...e-we-there-yet.861024/page-3291#post-17293679

Was curious then, but moved on...
And for those in for the Mackie, try the Noble Fokus H-ANC. https://www.amazon.com/Headphones-R...+audio&qid=1703654435&sprefix=,aps,221&sr=8-3 Same earbud shell, same driver config. But the Noble buds have use the Fokus app. For a few bills more now, I'd be very surprised if the Mackie buds beat them in tuning. But hell, I can accept being wrong.

Dec 27, 2023 at 1:04 AM Post #59,050 of 62,728
I bought the Mackie because it was on sale for half price. The Noble's are in a price tier I can't justify or afford. But I will compare them to what I have :).

Dec 27, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #59,053 of 62,728
Im currently willing to switch from freebuds pro 2 to creative aurvana ace 2. Anyone confiming it could be a small upgrade?
Do creative have wear detection?
The Aurvana Ace has a much more advanced sound than the Freebuds Pro 2. Its ANC is on par, and its Ambient mode is very good, better than FB2. But it does not have wear detection and the control quality is hit and miss at best, a steep downgrade from the FB2 for anything but sound.

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #59,054 of 62,728
The Aurvana Ace has a much more advanced sound than the Freebuds Pro 2. Its ANC is on par, and its Ambient mode is very good, better than FB2. But it does not have wear detection and the control quality is hit and miss at best, a steep downgrade from the FB2 for anything but sound.
Thanks!
What do you mean by more advanced sound?
Do you think wear detection and improved control can be added via firmware upgrade?

Dec 27, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #59,055 of 62,728
Thanks!
What do you mean by more advanced sound?
Do you think wear detection and improved control can be added via firmware upgrade?
You know better than that! Wear sensors are not made of code. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back