Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 27, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #59,056 of 62,515
Thanks!
What do you mean by more advanced sound?
Do you think wear detection and improved control can be added via firmware upgrade?
I mean the presentation and level of detail delivers a soundstage dimensionality that the FBP2 can merely hint at. Yes, you may be able hear some of these details nicely on the FBP2, but the Aurvana's xMems drivers bring texture and presence that I had not heard before, to the extent I sometimes thought I was listening to alternate takes. fwiw it takes some getting used to, and ymmv with ANC on/off and what codec you get. I am using Google's "experimental" LE codec, which I guess is LC3 but I'm not sure.

Dec 27, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #59,057 of 62,515
I mean the presentation and level of detail delivers a soundstage dimensionality that the FBP2 can merely hint at. Yes, you may be able hear some of these details nicely on the FBP2, but the Aurvana's xMems drivers bring texture and presence that I had not heard before, to the extent I sometimes thought I was listening to alternate takes. fwiw it takes some getting used to, and ymmv with ANC on/off and what codec you get. I am using Google's "experimental" LE codec, which I guess is LC3 but I'm not sure.
Clear enough, thanks!
One last info: with the Ace 2, can you switch ANC and Transparency ON/OFF via touch control? Does it have multipoint connection?

Dec 27, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #59,059 of 62,515
While playing with the Aurvanas Ace 2, I switched on my Pixel's LE Audio toggle
1000003936.png

I mean, improve audio quality? Let me think about it 😏. Sure enough, the quality was improved over what was before basic AptX.

The developer options seem to be for a different stack than LE because the codec does not register there, but after a little digging I found out that it is of course LC3, because that is the audio codec of Bluetooth LE Audio. As far as the quality goes, that's all up to the encoder and decoder, but whatever they did Google and Creative seem to have gotten it right.

I wasn't aware there was a book about it but if anyone is up for some rabbit hole reading to understand the new BT world, you can skip to chapter 5.7.
https://www.bluetooth.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Introducing-Bluetooth-LE-Audio-book.pdf

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #59,060 of 62,515
Im currently willing to switch from freebuds pro 2 to creative aurvana ace 2. Anyone confiming it could be a small upgrade?
Do creative have wear detection?
I was going to ask the same question but Vs the Freebuds Pro 3 (coincidentally earphones of the year for me beating out the Nuratrue Pro!).

I've read below and seen someone reply saying they're in a different league so I may have to bite the bullet and try them.

Would love to hear from anyone else who can also compare.

Dec 28, 2023 at 3:09 AM Post #59,061 of 62,515
I was going to ask the same question but Vs the Freebuds Pro 3 (coincidentally earphones of the year for me beating out the Nuratrue Pro!).

I've read below and seen someone reply saying they're in a different league so I may have to bite the bullet and try them.

Would love to hear from anyone else who can also compare.
Actually i have also freebuds pro 3.
Compared to the fb2, i believe only ANC and voice during call is improved…so i guess comparison above vs ace 2 still stands true.

Dec 28, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #59,062 of 62,515
Actually i have also freebuds pro 3.
Compared to the fb2, i believe only ANC and voice during call is improved…so i guess comparison above vs ace 2 still stands true.
I did quite a bit of A/B testing and thought that the FB3 had better bass, detail retrieval and overall better sound sig.. but that's just me.

But yes, FP2 Vs Ace 2 stands 😁

Dec 28, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #59,064 of 62,515
Took the plunge after reading several positive reviews and impressions.

Fokus Prestige incoming...

Screenshot_20231227_153408_Gmail.jpg

Dec 28, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #59,065 of 62,515
Took the plunge after reading several positive reviews and impressions.

Fokus Prestige incoming...

Screenshot_20231227_153408_Gmail.jpg
I thought the Svanar price was bad enough...

Dec 28, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #59,066 of 62,515
I wish Jabra would release their earbuds with AptX Adaptive/Lossless and/or LDAC.
Because honestly, the Jabra Elite 10 actually do sound fan-fooking-tastic! I've done some more EQ:ing with Wavelet, and with ANC turned off, I'll be damned if it's not one of the best sound experiences I've heard, even though I own many of the more premium sets of earbuds.
The bass is fast and rumbles just the right amount, and the lower highs just has this super satisfying snappy feel to it, it's hard to describe.

So yeah Jabra, more codecs please!

Dec 28, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #59,069 of 62,515
i almost pulled the trigger yesterday but decided against it. Battery wasn't part of the decision but price and those wide bores kept me away as well as the fact that the Mystique is probably 99% the same for 1/2 price.
DEFINITELY not 99%. Maybe 75. Maybe you can EQ them to the Prestige, I don't know. My love for them grows stronger each day. @FullCircle can speak more to it, but man, I do feel like the tuning is better. Yes, I'm EQing, but not sure if it's the wood shell, they sure do sound wonderful. Would love to see some pics as to how these were crafted. I shall do some Googling...

I also just got these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7D9D1FJ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1 and they work incredibly well. Thanks to @jant71 for dropping them on my radar.

Dec 28, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #59,070 of 62,515
@ clerkpalmer, I was directing that to the above posters Jabra Wishlist, if they did add higher codecs the battery would be sub 5 hours.

I am also put off with Noble and Creatives latest earbuds battery life, esp as Creative were up to 15-16/18 hours (AFAIR) years ago.

@ erockg, L-14m so will fit me, they look quite thick so is the passive seal good?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back