Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 16, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #58,726 of 62,453
Just tried out the Creative Aurvana Ace 2. The xMEMS driver is no joke. Cleaner sound is not the way to describe but more precise sounding. Only negative I don't like is the volume is not as loud as I would prefer it to be and no app unless I'm missing it😔. xMEMS has my attention after just being a little curious about it. Let's see if the Noble Falcon Max can kill it
Expecting mine on Tues, the base version. Definitely excited, but I hope I find the volume enough! Interesting thoughts

Dec 16, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #58,727 of 62,453
Just tried out the Creative Aurvana Ace 2. The xMEMS driver is no joke. Cleaner sound is not the way to describe but more precise sounding. Only negative I don't like is the volume is not as loud as I would prefer it to be and no app unless I'm missing it😔. xMEMS has my attention after just being a little curious about it. Let's see if the Noble Falcon Max can kill it
Did you try the Creative app from the Play Store? The Android Central review said "Creative has an EQ" so I expected it must be in that app.

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #58,729 of 62,453
Did you try the Creative app from the Play Store? The Android Central review said "Creative has an EQ" so I expected it must be in that app.
I downloaded the app from the Google Play store. Would not recognize my Ace 2. Tried the App on an older ROG 5 and connected. Updated it but the EQ would not save a preset on the Ace 2. So can't try it out. Guessing the app is buggy and needs working 🤷

Dec 17, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #58,731 of 62,453
The Aurvana Ace 2 are really impressing the more time I use them. App finally runs on my main phone but EQ still not functioning. Aptx Lossless and XMEMS compliment each other very good. The Ace 2 aren't the best sounding but they sound like they went a step above anything I've heard out of any TWS. Do like how bright they sound too. The volume is solid, comparable to the MW09 max volume

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #58,732 of 62,453
Hi,

I own a Samsung s23 Ultra so I need a TWS which can handle the LDAC Bluetooth Codec. A already have the:
- Sony WF-1000XM5
- Technics EAH-AZ80
- Huawei Freebuds Pro 3

I don't need another cheap TWS. I only looking for one which is better than the three mentioned above....

I know I have high expectations because I already owned the :
- Noble Audio Mystique
- B&O EX
- Campfire Orbit
..........and so on

But now I have a Samsung Phone which don't support aptx Codecs...

Maybe someone can give a Recommendation?
I'm wondering the same as well. I feel very caged in with Samsung because of the lack of AptX HD or Lossless support and AAC performance is terrible (worse than the Note 9). While LDAC is generally solid at home I get a fair amount of dropouts when commuting or using them in a busy area. With the S23U and Note 9 I notice it seems to cut out more when I have the phone in my right pocket than the left which probably has to do with the antenna and a "death grip".

I haven't tried the top-tier ones but currently have Linkbuds S as my daily driver with Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro and Space A40 as a backup pair. I just feel a tad underwhelmed by the current lineup. Linkbuds S has good ANC for the price but sound is meh, to me they feel like the Shure SE215 of the TWS world. The L3P reminds me of the MDR-1AM2 which is a rather polarizing tuning being very U-shaped (the main difference is L3P has a upper mid peak while the 1AM2 is recessed but both peak in the upper treble).

How do you find the AZ80?

I had the Buds 2 Pro before. I think they are very good for the money. The build quality is very good even better than the Air Pods Pro 2. The frosted finish is very nice it is not slippery and fingerprints are not visible. The fit is very comfortable but not extremely stable. But they never fall out even at the Gym. Why I sold them? I think the Highs are a bit harsh. The Huawei freebuds pro 3 have better Highs but they are to loud...
My main gripe is the fit, while it doesn't fall out of my ears that easily I am really not a fan of the flat edge. I didn't get to compare them directly but from what I recall the Galaxy Buds 2 is softer and performs similarly otherwise and from what I call it was also more comfy. I believe it sounds similar to the 2 Pro with the soft EQ preset. I agree about the highs on the Buds 2 - it doesn't bother me much and is more tame than the Liberty 3 Pro on LDAC, but I find they sound a tad congested at times.

My other limiting factor is SBC codec, the work computer uses Windows 10 so I am stuck with the low bitpool 37 in Galaxy Buds devices. I don't know why Samsung has stuck to this because it sounds awful for music listening and most typical Bluetooth devices have Bitpool 53.

Dec 17, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #58,733 of 62,453
The Aurvana Ace 2 are really impressing the more time I use them. App finally runs on my main phone but EQ still not functioning. Aptx Lossless and XMEMS compliment each other very good. The Ace 2 aren't the best sounding but they sound like they went a step above anything I've heard out of any TWS. Do like how bright they sound too. The volume is solid, comparable to the MW09 max volume
How’s the microphones for calls?

Dec 17, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #58,735 of 62,453
Decided to drop $70 for them on Amazon. I've kind of wanted a cheaper backup pair of tws, so we'll see how these are. I'll probably eventually buy the mw09.
Cool, let me know what you think of them. I have to wait until payday and then won't see them arrive or a week for two afterwards.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #58,737 of 62,453
How do you find the AZ80?
They are nice looking from the outside but I don't like how they made the tube where the tips are on. It is made not from one pice...but I guess it has nothing to do with the sound. The AZ80 has the widest and deepest Soundstage and sounds more lively than the Sony WF-1000XM5 or Huawei freebuds pro 3 but this transparency has it costs. The AZ-80 sound a little bit bright and i always had the feeling this comes from resonances in this area. The AZ-80 is the most satisfying; sounds dynamic and transparent; but also has the ability to fatiguing my ears. I generally prefer dynamic, ransparent and flat signatures when it comes to headphones but for TWS I am on the more natural side. The ANC from the AZ-80 is not comparable to the Freebuds 3. The last one blocks out very good the deep frequencies; even better than the Sony WF-1000XM5; but is not so sufficient in the high mid range and the highs. The Sony WF-1000XM5 has a very balanced ANC that means it lowers the hole frequencies from the noise balanced. The AZ-80 does it balanced too but not effective enough for me.

Dec 17, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #58,738 of 62,453
Hello need some impressions and thoughts on Hifiman Svarnar Wireless Vs Noble Fokus Prestige. I listen to a wide variety of genres but mainly go for the likes of The Prodigy, Black Sabbath (70s rock), Type O Negative and some hard edm such as hardcore, drum and bass, hard trance and acid. Also like my black metal and rap. But sometimes go for things like Agnes Obel. I'm a very all rounder type of music head. I have used a Fiio UTWS5 with a LZ A7 and loved that pairing but the MMCX broke on the right side. So I'm deciding between these two TWS iems. I know they won't compete with a full proper set up. But out of the two, which is the better sounding? I also have my eyes on the Audeze Maxwell, I have listened to them and enjoyed them. Weight is no issue, and also have my eye on the Focal Bathys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back