Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 15, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #58,711 of 62,472
Suppose if the chipset is new and supports it like the Bose QCII supposedly do (we got forgotten about) they can add it but his comment makes it sound like any earbuds with aptX Adaptive can do Lossless so that would be the first pair launched which were the B&W P13/P14 and even Soundpeats Sonic/Sonic Pro/H1.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #58,712 of 62,472
Dec 15, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #58,715 of 62,472
Contacted Noble Audio to see if the Falcon Max will support APTX Lossless. Their response

Not the best answer haha...But theoretically it should work (with Bluetooth-classic and not LE-audio).

And yeah, if they're releasing on the 18th and there's still nothing on the official site...Strange! I'll might as well wait for CES '24 tho, we know that Sennheiser will present the MTW4.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #58,716 of 62,472
The manufacturer still has to enable it, if the feature is available. See the AK UW100 and no ANC. The chipset can accommodate ANC but they leave it out by choice.

I know that but the Vendors reply was not very good.

I could look up the chipset and see for myself but I do now own or want to own them one set of Noble was enough for me.

Dec 15, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #58,717 of 62,472
Let’s reset here a little…. I quoted the head chip guru at Qualcomm here a while back, where he said “no form of Aptx is lossless, they’re all lossy”. Now, they are working on Wi-Fi TWS transmission, where he said the bandwidth “can” support lossless…
Just fyi…

Dec 15, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #58,719 of 62,472
Let’s reset here a little…. I quoted the head chip guru at Qualcomm here a while back, where he said “no form of Aptx is lossless, they’re all lossy”. Now, they are working on Wi-Fi TWS transmission, where he said the bandwidth “can” support lossless…
Just fyi…
Considering that Aptx Lossless was announced 2 years ago, and we're just now finally getting devices which supports it... I will at least rejoice for a while :p

Dec 15, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #58,720 of 62,472
Is there any tech on the horizon that might replace Blutooth? Aren't the limitations of Bluetooth in transmitting high quality audio/signals the main limitation in wireless IEMS right now?
As I can easily compare so many combos BT LDAC receivers (BTR7, UP4(2022), R3 Pro Saber, Go Blu, Go pod) with decent IEMs (M9, Z1R, XBA-N3, IE600, Ext) and also many DAPS set in BT receiver mode, with really recent decent TWS like 1000XM5, AZ80 => I can clearly say that TWS are not limited by LDAC set 990Kbps transmission but surely by very limited inside electronic/drivers/power amps...

For sure 10000XM5 and Az80 are really much more convinient in most outdoor uses, but they are a clear step behind all combos with proper BT LDAC receivers concerning sound quality.

Dec 15, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #58,721 of 62,472
Considering that Aptx Lossless was announced 2 years ago, and we're just now finally getting devices which supports it... I will at least rejoice for a while :p
FYI…. True CD quality will have to wait a while…. We’re not there yet, let alone be hires…

“In contrast, aptX Lossless operates at a maximum bitrate of 1,200kbps. While it does use compression, the method produces results akin to FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec), ensuring no sound quality degradation. This distinction makes it the only Bluetooth codec delivering true CD-quality (16-bit/44.1kHz) audio.Sep 21, 2023”

Dec 15, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #58,722 of 62,472
FYI…. True CD quality will have to wait a while…. We’re not there yet, let alone be hires…

“In contrast, aptX Lossless operates at a maximum bitrate of 1,200kbps. While it does use compression, the method produces results akin to FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec), ensuring no sound quality degradation. This distinction makes it the only Bluetooth codec delivering true CD-quality (16-bit/44.1kHz) audio.Sep 21, 2023”

Dec 15, 2023 at 10:42 PM Post #58,724 of 62,472
Just tried out the Creative Aurvana Ace 2. The xMEMS driver is no joke. Cleaner sound is not the way to describe but more precise sounding. Only negative I don't like is the volume is not as loud as I would prefer it to be and no app unless I'm missing it😔. xMEMS has my attention after just being a little curious about it. Let's see if the Noble Falcon Max can kill it

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #58,725 of 62,472
Found the app but won't connect to the earbuds 😔
Edit: Seems to connect to the RoG 5 and was able to update it but still won't connect to the app on my ROG 7. The volume was a bit louder on the RoG 5 and was low on the 7. I guess by toggling LE Audio on Bluetooth settings and then off it makes them louder on the RoG 7. Hopefully they get fixed via firmware update as I do like them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back