Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 9, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #56,281 of 62,798
Here’s what I’m getting at. China’s market (internal) is so huge, we probably haven’t even scratched the surface here with what’s available. How do we know some of these offerings from boutique providers aren’t Chinese inexpensive TWS they’re just flipping. Repackaged with 80% - 90% mark-up. If they are, and if they’re good, might a well just buy they, as we don’t really have access to this market…
We've seen a few name brands get caught doing this and the fallout wasn't good for them. So I'd say that if a company wants to rebrand a Chinese cheap TWS they do so at risk that they devalue or even worse destroy their reputation. It's pretty easy to identify rebrands.

Sep 9, 2023 at 7:37 PM Post #56,283 of 62,798
Sep 9, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #56,284 of 62,798
Spinfit CP1025 for TWS
The mouth of the tip is almost then level with the nozzel end. Means they knock a good mm off the depth overall if not more.
I just couldn't use them with any other tip
The little coloured ring sits inside the grove on the stem meaning a solid lock (if a little fiddly to get on in the first place)
Had to drop the "immersion" slider to -1 as the bass response (hardly lacking on these) was feeling even more elevated but -1 was decent.

1694290322468.png1694291678320.png
Thank you, I have some form of spinfit at home not sure model. I may also have a shallow tip kicking around I can try. My left ear is actually secure with the tip it just my right ear that is odd shaped.

If I have something shallow kind of like the tips I posted earlier but better fitting and they work even temporarily I might be willing to buy the CP1025 if I don't have them.

I do like the DPP sound and think they might work as an all rounder if I can get them to fit.

I will bring out my big box of shame (no I won't say how many IEMs are in it...) and see what I can find.

Sep 9, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #56,285 of 62,798
Here’s what I’m getting at. China’s market (internal) is so huge, we probably haven’t even scratched the surface here with what’s available. How do we know some of these offerings from boutique providers aren’t Chinese inexpensive TWS they’re just flipping. Repackaged with 80% - 90% mark-up. If they are, and if they’re good, might a well just buy they, as we don’t really have access to this market…
If you dig on xianyu you can find a lot of obscure IEMs and so on. TWS are quite rare tho.

Sep 9, 2023 at 8:25 PM Post #56,286 of 62,798
I’ll agree with him. For easy to drive stuff the Apple dongle is fine. Anymore I only use the headphone jack on my M1 MacBook Air, and an Apple lightning dongle for my iPhone 13Pro. All my stuff is easy to power though. I realized lately that I didn’t like the sound of my Qudelix 5K, and there is no point in hooking up my NX4DSD.

Anyway, to keep this comment on topic, my MTW3 has been my most used headphone/IEM lately.
I absolutely don't, even easy to drive IEMs sound many folds better out of desktop system than from even highish end USB dongle like L&P W4.
Apple Dongle, I just cannot take that seriously unless Apple Dongle is the only thing he tried.
Same for AirPods Pro V2 as best TWS, if you have iPhone and this is the only one they had in Apple store, sure.

Sep 9, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #56,287 of 62,798
I absolutely don't, even easy to drive IEMs sound many folds better out of desktop system than from even highish end USB dongle like L&P W4.
Apple Dongle, I just cannot take that seriously unless Apple Dongle is the only thing he tried.
Same for AirPods Pro V2 as best TWS, if you have iPhone and this is the only one they had in Apple store, sure.
My Aful Performer 8’s need less than 30% volume on an Apple dongle, and less than 20% on my MacBook. With my ER4SR it’s around 40%, and 30%. More power being available isn’t going to add anything. I also don’t believe hi-res makes any perceivable difference.

I don’t want to stay off the topic of TWS here though.

As for the AirPods Pro 2’s, I have them and much prefer my MTW3’s. No comparison at all in terms of SQ.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #56,288 of 62,798
My Aful Performer 8’s need less than 30% volume on an Apple dongle, and less than 20% on my MacBook. With my ER4SR it’s around 40%, and 30%. More power being available isn’t going to add anything. I also don’t believe hi-res makes any perceivable difference.

I don’t want to stay off the topic of TWS here though.

As for the AirPods Pro 2’s, I have them and much prefer my MTW3’s. No comparison at all in terms of SQ.
This is not about volume but the quality of audio chain. :face_palm:

Sep 9, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #56,289 of 62,798
This is not about volume but the quality of audio chain. :face_palm:
That’s exactly the opposite of what Crinacle argues. “Quality of power” is one of the exact things he argues against.

Sep 9, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #56,290 of 62,798
OK found a pair of AZ60 tips I still had for some reason and have managed a full walk with only a bit of movement on the right ear. About what I normally expect out of most buds.

Not going to cut it for the gym or runs, but wasn't fully expecting to be OK for those areas anyway.

So will keep playing for bit more LOL.

Remember when I talked about expectation bias the higher I pay...

These are a perfect example... My brain is thinking what the heck for $500 (see how it rounded the price up! 😉). Why aren't these perfect!

Sep 9, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #56,291 of 62,798
Got a question, does AK design, source parts and manufacture their TWS products? I think their TOTL IEM’s are OEM’d from Germany and rebranded.
A&K usually collaborates with various brands for their high end products with custom designs and tuning. I have the Odyssey, designed by Empire, while you’re referring to the Aura designed by Vision Ears. They also had collrabated with Campfire, JH Audio etc.

The TWS is their own design however. Uses a Knowles BA driver and ESS DAC iirc.

Sep 10, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #56,294 of 62,798
To date no issue with Sony VS the Bose QC Comfort 2 which do have connection issues
This is interesting, because @erockg I don’t remember him saying he had any connection issues with his QC 2’s, but did with Sony. You have the opposite problem. Sounds like the Bluetooth certification process needs work, or some standards need revisiting. I worked in this area 25 years back at IBM, with SSA and Low voltage SCSI acceptance.

Sep 10, 2023 at 2:25 AM Post #56,295 of 62,798
What eartips does everybody use for their Hifiman Svanar Wireless? Because honestly I've tried so much to like them, and I honestly find them so incredibly mediocre still. I don't FEEL like they're fitting any different than they should, they sit PERFECTLY in my ears and are comfortable as all heck, but based on the praises most of you are giving them I need to assume that there's something just... wrong with my experience.

Even on High-Fidelity Mode I just think they sound completely unnatural, almost "digital" and a far cry from sounding like/close to a "regular IEM" that I see people saying.
I find the upper mids sounding slightly digital and also... I mean the sound stage is really large and positioning is good too, but it does that and still sounds like there's a haze/veil over the the aforementioned part of the frequency range, and it makes the buds sound like a cheap chi-fi SoundPeats model. I don't know if it's due to Hifimans internal R2R DAC-thingie, because I feel the same about my Hifiman Deva Pro's to an extent.

It feels like they're originally TUNED well, because I have no issues with how the bass, mids and treble are in comparison to each other, but I still think they sound hazy and strange in the mids and some of the treble area. Vocals sound weird as hell, and despite knowing I'm on LDAC I swear they sound like they have this SBC compressed-sound that makes my music sounds like its 96 KBPS mp3 files.
They also take really weirdly to EQ, where they SOMETIMES work with Wavelet, sometimes... not, and when they work the EQ doesn't seem to really react like I would expect... at all.
Really wish they had their own app for EQ.

I genuinely think the Mystiques, ZE8000's, NTP/DPP, Status Between 3ANCs and even the Sony XM5's, Huawei Freebuds Pro2s and MTW3s of the world sound better, at least EQ'd.
And even if audio is subjective, I feel like I'm just wrong this time. It doesn't feel like it's just my taste that makes me feel this way about them.

That's why I'm wondering what your secrets are and if somebody has any specific eartips that made them fantastic, I'm just baffled here since so many people are saying they are the best sounding TWS's here.
I guess I could have a lemon here, but it's weird that they would be since everything else works perfectly fine and they don't sound bad enough for me to assume that either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back