Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 9, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #56,251 of 63,226
Sep 9, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #56,252 of 63,226
Glad I scratched the itch on the DPP though. If they redesign them I would try them again. Just need to figure out the ergonomics. The sound was interesting and that personalization process is damn slick.
I mean, they just rebranded the NTP. Fit was always meh for me too. Sound though, loved it. Maybe the next gen? If they get that far. That said, if I found a great deal, say $100 off, I might deal with the fit!

Sep 9, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #56,256 of 63,226
Looks like you really like HF Svanar.
How is the reception with LDAC 990kbps on those, how far away can you move from the phone before interruptions start?
You didn't ask me but in my experience once you get locked on to 990 which often requires a quick disconnect and connect, they are like any other BT headset and you can move freely about he cabin.

Sep 9, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #56,258 of 63,226
Knowing how dysfunctional Panasonic is, they'll probably give you $300 for them....
Amazon :wink:. I'll prob get the you could be banned letter again. Sigh...

Sep 9, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #56,259 of 63,226
Living the dream, listening to great music while waiting for a delayed flight at a crowded airport šŸ˜‘, Thankfully I brought the Sony XM5 along. Continues to validate the need for ANC with TWS, in particular at this price range. Using standard tips and sound settings.
Man, I had so many issues with mine. Bad BT reception. Drove me nuts. If you're not, maybe I just had a bad set.

Sep 9, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #56,260 of 63,226
Plus that's how you end up with kids!

Back on topic (sort of), since I'm currently a HFM fanboy, I returned my MTW3 and grabbed a set of Edition XS. Gonna pull my Schiit amp and DAC out of the box and try some open backed goodness. I kind of gave up on my cans after my tinnitus spiked but feeling good enough to try again.

I guess next up is the new Bose? If there are no promises of sq improvements I probably won't bother.
Just bought some HE1000 Stealth this week

Sep 9, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #56,262 of 63,226
London Drugs in Canada has put them on sale for 299Cad a couple times.
Are you sure its the real AZ80 and not some chewables?

Sep 9, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #56,263 of 63,226
Will give that and some other tips a try. I did go back to the large tips but the hook doesn't hook and the large tips come loose even more than the medium. I also tried the foam tips and I really disliked them. But am not finished testing yet! šŸ™ƒ
I found I needed much shallower fitting tips in order for the wings to lock in place. Else it just felt like it worked loose in seconds.
DPP stems are really long

Sep 9, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #56,264 of 63,226
For Apple hatersā€¦. šŸ˜€. This is from the MAN, and I agreeā€¦. From the Head Fi London thread..

ā€œ I asked Jude what his recommendations for True Wireless IEMs are and he unequivocally said the AirPods Pro V2.ā€
Same with Crinacle recomending the galaxy buds 2 pro.

Sep 9, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #56,265 of 63,226
Haven't stopped using the DPP now I got the fit sorted. None of the included tips were close for me. The stems' length cause the wings to not sit in the recess of the concha

I'd probably return the MTW3 but for the life of me I can't find the box. Think it's gotten thrown out. Might put them up for sale. Not sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back