Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 1, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #55,981 of 62,799
Darn, holiday weekend and I want a new toy. Anything my local Best Buy will have worth buying? Or amazon, 1 day?
Tough call since you've had most everything. BB has slim pickens these days.

Sep 1, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #55,982 of 62,799
Tough call since you've had most everything. BB has slim pickens these days.
I do wish I could revisit the XM5 again but am scared I'll have the connection issues again.

Sep 1, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #55,984 of 62,799
Which wired did you use? I really want to try their new Overture but am hoping for a price reduction.

I think the Mini is pretty fantastic. It was the first TWS I REALLY liked. The most comfortable I've had and super punchy as well as a very good soundstage.

I think in total I've purchased the Mini 4 times. 2 for me, one for a friend and one for my wife.

I've since given mine to my wife who is still using it as I've moved on to other products. Having compared it to more products since my first infatuation I'd say it is on the darker side but with a really clean mix, no bloat. Loved the mids specifically.

For the price, not sure if there is better (unless you want features). You can find better if you spend more tho.

Actually it wasn't a wired Nuarl I tried, but one of their TWS. It was either an N6 or N6 Pro. And it was a few years back so can't remember which one. I do however remember trying them alongside the XM4, Moondrop Aria and some other earphones and thinking it was by far the best sounding. Very wide soundstage and very lively but not over the top. Didn't end up buying it as I though it's fit was a bit clunky.

I might have to give the Mini 2 SE a go. They're only about $80 here. If they sound anything like the N6/N6 Pro I'll be very happy.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #55,985 of 62,799
Actually it wasn't a wired Nuarl I tried, but one of their TWS. It was either an N6 or N6 Pro. And it was a few years back so can't remember which one. I do however remember trying them alongside the XM4, Moondrop Aria and some other earphones and thinking it was by far the best sounding. Very wide soundstage and very lively but not over the top. Didn't end up buying it as I though it's fit was a bit clunky.

I might have to give the Mini 2 SE a go. They're only about $80 here. If they sound anything like the N6/N6 Pro I'll be very happy.
I had the N6 Pro2 first of all. Very minimal difference between the mini and Pro in sound if any at all.

I ended up using the Mini way more for comfort and convenience

Sep 1, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #55,986 of 62,799
I couldn't get by the paywall! But after a quick search I found this :)

Very exciting, do we know if there are more OEM's that are working on IEMs/TWS with this new technology?
The xMEMs twitter is one to follow. There is another iem maker who uses them I know about. A few were on show at one of the recent Canjams. Solid impressions from one of the two on demo from a person who used them.

Not sure if it's the same brand listed on the xMEMs website tho.

Sep 1, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #55,987 of 62,799
I couldn't get by the paywall! But after a quick search I found this :)

Very exciting, do we know if there are more OEM's that are working on IEMs/TWS with this new technology?
It's a shame it's behind a paywall because it happens to be the best article I read on this.

I can't copy paste because of copyright issues but the gist in short is:
  • These speakers are solid state, meaning a stamped piece of silicone instead a magnet, coil and membrane.
  • They are 1 mm thick
  • They exhibit incredible accuracy, meaning the air they push can be controlled with exact precision. It even talked about using arrays of them in a VR application that could generate a field of hypersonic sound that could effectively simulate touch. He used the example of a handshake which is actually a lot of controlled touch, not to mention creepy. Pretty effing amazing but also pretty far off.
  • Another possible future use is for implants that could counter high frequency hearing loss.
  • As for TWS they will most definitely need to be paired with a conventional driver for bass.
  • The article mentions that Brian Lucey, a producer who has won several Grammys says that his prototype IEMs with solid state speakers "have become indispensable"
  • It also mentions that Luxshare, who manufactures Apple's AirPods, is also currently working with them.

So yeah I'm looking forward to seeing what Creative will come up with!

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2023 at 12:57 AM Post #55,988 of 62,799
Hey gang, I joined the Sennheiser MTW3 club yesterday as well... And I'm having major issues.
The earbuds won't charge in the case, they've been in the case all night and were at 10% when I pulled them out this morning. Not sure if it's only one of them or both.

Also it seems like it's refusing to download the latest firmware update in the app, I press the update button and its does nothing, and when I spam the button it says "your firmware is up to date" and the update button disappears until the next time I pull out the earbuds.
The app also doesn't seem to recognize that I have the white version (not sure if it does that by itself).

Did I get a complete lemon or what?

Edit: Seemed to charge a bit now when I tried, could just be fussy about how they're placed in the case. It says that I have the latest firmware, but it also talks about a 5-band EQ and I don't have that in the app.
Not sure if the advanced EQ personalization it talks about is the regular sound check feature either?

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #55,989 of 62,799
Sounds like a lemon...

Sep 2, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #55,991 of 62,799
Sep 2, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #55,993 of 62,799
Grabbed the Denon Perl Pro today - can confirm it sounds exactly like the NuraTrue Pro (the adaptive sound thing gave me the same result as well which is kinda cool). Will offload the Nura now!

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #55,994 of 62,799
Grabbed the Denon Perl Pro today - can confirm it sounds exactly like the NuraTrue Pro (the adaptive sound thing gave me the same result as well which is kinda cool). Will offload the Nura now!
Where did you get it from?

Sep 2, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #55,995 of 62,799

Users who are viewing this thread

Back